Vehicle Hoists

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

Tht's not a bad idea @edgy with raising the tracks and changing the motor, although you would need a deep and tall garage I would suspect?

I ended going up with panel lift for the double side and roller on the single side. The Tufflift is being installed July and finalising building permits for the workshop behind the single.

Nice one! 

Unfortunately new house has only the double garage, but its very generous the ceiling height, I will have to confirm, but its in the vicinity of 3m+ 

Very happy with the quality of the Tufflift I got installed today. The installer Wade is a top bloke as well. Took him probably just under 4 hours to do. Would have taken me and a mate all day I reckon. 

For those with low cars, it's not on their website but Tufflift offer low profile arms. They get the top of the pad between 80-90mm from the slab.

They also offer a spreader base plate which makes the hoist suitable for 100mm slabs. (I ordered these, however when we drilled my slab we found it was 110-120 thick so the spreader bar wasn't needed. These are 2 great options that for some weird reason aren't advertised. 

Looking to get a 4 poster soon as I need to move the lotus onto the hoist, and the MGB down the other end so I've got a decent workshop area. Still a fair bit of organising to do and a mezzanine to build, but it's getting there! 

Excited! 

Hoist Garage 1.jpg

Hoist 2.jpg

On 19/04/2021 at 14:34, P-Kay said:

Ceiling height = plenty! Mine's just under that - thankfully we like sports cars and they are lower to the ground :cool07:

So the ceiling height is 3.3m... putting the Macan in there with the 996 you realise how bloody wide it is! 😳 I am used to a generous width garage... 

EE04B47A-A719-4D30-BBB3-0D4C6D680FD9.thumb.jpeg.b0f73778bc36251652593b604685caa3.jpeg

I am probably leaning towards the same lifts that @OBRUT has x2, although the tuff lift site notes the height at 3360mm so that may cause some grief? 

21 hours ago, edgy said:

So the ceiling height is 3.3m... putting the Macan in there with the 996 you realise how bloody wide it is! 😳 I am used to a generous width garage... 

EE04B47A-A719-4D30-BBB3-0D4C6D680FD9.thumb.jpeg.b0f73778bc36251652593b604685caa3.jpeg

I am probably leaning towards the same lifts that @OBRUT has x2, although the tuff lift site notes the height at 3360mm so that may cause some grief? 

Mate I don't know that you'd have enough room, is the internal ceiling definitely 3.3?  I've got an exact same situation as you FYI in that I've got a 996 and a Macan.  I don't put any of my 4WDs in the garage that takes the sports cars as I don't think there'd be enough room.  Macan is significantly higher than a 996, you also then need to leave margin as the hoist needs to go up to clear the locks before you can lower it.   You also need to factor the circa 114mm you lose for the hoist 

Copied from last page for reference 

IMG_8389.thumb.jpg.47f7af8a93ea6b1d587f3

EDIT:  For context I went and measured, left side car on hoist has ground to ceiling height of 3100, car on right side of hoist has ground to ceiling height of 3400.  Hoist had deck base 160mm and you need circa 100mm to clear the locks when lowering the hoist (have to go up before down) .  

If you have a mecan gts and  gt3 you will need a minimum height of 2900 for the cars and plus whatever the deck and hoist footings are in thickness. It will be close but you have about 400 mm for base and deck.

8 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Mate I don't know that you'd have enough room, is the internal ceiling definitely 3.3?  I've got an exact same situation as you FYI in that I've got a 996 and a Macan.  I don't put any of my 4WDs in the garage that takes the sports cars as I don't think there'd be enough room.  Macan is significantly higher than a 996, you also then need to leave margin as the hoist needs to go up to clear the locks before you can lower it.   You also need to factor the circa 114mm you lose for the hoist 

Yes, that’s the absolute internal ceiling measurement! I will still will need to convert the panel lift to high lift configuration to get the clearance, and in-line with the sea change, the Macan may have to go? 

• 1 month later...

Little update, I have been working with the folks at Tuff-Lift, and it looks like for me,  the Hydro Park is looking to be the best solution for my space. 

The concern was the total height at 3360mm would be an issue to the ceiling, they are saying that the can mount the power units flush with the top of of the post so 3080mm absolute height which gives me approx 200mm to the ceiling... I'll need to shoot some laser lines and measure to ensure the panel lift would mould the post when its up, because my thinking is we can get away with the posts and door crossing paths.... more measuring to do, and perhaps a trip over to @OBRUT to double check some dims. 

The LH arrow dimension is 2452mm and the RH arrow dimension is 1003mm 

HP1123_dims.png.4d6d2c4dacf96b42d3d42641e7691cde.png

The double car stacker like @1q2w3e4r has, is a good solution, but for my space there is too many other things going on like stairwells, storage space and cabinets on back walls.

I heard today from the boss that the supplier of one of the Chinese hoists that we import to Oz has stopped making hoists due to soaring prices for steel. 

A follow up of latest shipment revealed hoists that were ordered not made either. Finished.

So gents, if your in the market for a hoist from anywhere, I'd probably get onto it.

Cheers

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Little update, I have been working with the folks at Tuff-Lift, and it looks like for me,  the Hydro Park is looking to be the best solution for my space. 

The concern was the total height at 3360mm would be an issue to the ceiling, they are saying that the can mount the power units flush with the top of of the post so 3080mm absolute height which gives me approx 200mm to the ceiling... I'll need to shoot some laser lines and measure to ensure the panel lift would mould the post when its up, because my thinking is we can get away with the posts and door crossing paths.... more measuring to do, and perhaps a trip over to @OBRUT to double check some dims. 

The double car stacker like @1q2w3e4r has, is a good solution, but for my space there is too many other things going on like stairwells, storage space and cabinets on back walls.

My roller door is always open good sir. 

• 4 months later...

Yes, Look like a good thing,The only thing that concerns  me,  The height for getting  under the car if need be, There's 470 mm there abouts , One of those relocatable max jacks has 1200 mm for about the same price .

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2021 at 16:48, edgy said:

How'd you get on with this mate?

Could be a solution in a space I have - and i've got cars coming out of my ears currently.

15 minutes ago, sleazius said:

How'd you get on with this mate?

Could be a solution in a space I have - and i've got cars coming out of my ears currently.

Honestly mate, I completely lost the love of anything car related during lockdown... so I did nothing! I did print the dimensions off recently and got ready to do some measuring but with a bit of a rotation of cars presently in motion, it could skew my requirements? But probably not! I just have to pull my finger out... sorry I cant be more help! 

38 minutes ago, edgy said:

Honestly mate, I completely lost the love of anything car related during lockdown... so I did nothing! I did print the dimensions off recently and got ready to do some measuring but with a bit of a rotation of cars presently in motion, it could skew my requirements? But probably not! I just have to pull my finger out... sorry I cant be more help! 

Its all good ... I've been playing around with a similar issue during covid, but periodically lose interest due to my business situation.

I'm +5 cars this year, with 3 more on order so either I need to get selling, or get building.