Cayman S Face Lift.

TE911

To me, I wouldn't go try to dress it up like replica of another car as often it just looks tacky. Embrace the fact that it is already a very nice looking Porsche and enhance it a bit. Something like the lip on this car added to the standard bar and some of the basic flat skirts is perfect. Don't need to go the wide body.

Jeff i was going to originally get these bumper splitters below but turns out the company that made them arent around anymore :(

Milestone-71-Visit-PMcG-34.jpg

Im still thinking about which bumper to go for... I found some really nice side skirts like the ones you showed me Tit. But it turns out its the same company that made the front splitters one the red car above.

P7301064.jpg
DSC01786.jpg
car_left1.jpg

But from the looks of it. It was made like you said Tit mocked up from wood then made from CF.
http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-cosmetic-mods/p308-motor-lux-side-skirts.html

I just had a look on eBay and they are quite a few options in there for wings splitters side scoop covers etc. 

Yeah ive seen all the ebay kits. most of them are knock offs of Techart kits or some are just plan RICE...

• 4 months later...

gettydesign has released a front gt4 bumper for the 987. http://www.gettydesign.com/cayman_coachwork.php#987gt4frontbumper

not sure how it looks with the car though, but i imagine it would look similar to this one you posted earlier in the thread (without the driving lights). i thinkit looks pretty well matched and kind of works with the smoothness of the original caymans lines.

12724758_1113669458651637_413478120_n.jp

im also in two minds if I should go the wing route as well hehe... 

gettydesign has released a front gt4 bumper for the 987. http://www.gettydesign.com/cayman_coachwork.php#987gt4frontbumper

not sure how it looks with the car though, but i imagine it would look similar to this one you posted earlier in the thread (without the driving lights). i thinkit looks pretty well matched and kind of works with the smoothness of the original caymans lines.

12724758_1113669458651637_413478120_n.jp

im also in two minds if I should go the wing route as well hehe... 

Yeah Thanks,

That was the company i was talking to earlier that was going to manufacture this bumper.

I was going to order this and their wing base, but by the time they finished their prototype of the bumper i had bought another car... so my Cayman will have to stay stock for now. Or i might just get the wing base ;)

Would love to see what you do to yours... post some pics if you do anything..

Since you have asked..  I would say leave the body kits and phat wings for the JDM side of town.  You own a Porsche not an s2000 / Zed 

But it's your car so do what makes you the happiest, not anyone else :)

Since you have asked..  I would say leave the body kits and phat wings for the JDM side of town.  You own a Porsche not an s2000 / Zed 

But it's your car so do what makes you the happiest, not anyone else :)

Cheers qstoria,

Clearly you haven't read the complete thread because ive mentioned i wouldn't like a wide bodykit, big wing and all that other rice on my Cayman S.
Like i said above only the wing "base" which is a lot like the 911 duck tail and the front was between a Porsche GT3, GT4 bumper or a simple skirt/lip.

Nothing JDM...

Like you said it is my car, at the time i started this thread i was simply asking which front bumper would work best with the caymans lines.

Cheers qstoria,

Clearly you haven't read the complete thread because ive mentioned i wouldn't like a wide bodykit, big wing and all that other rice on my Cayman S.
Like i said above only the wing "base" which is a lot like the 911 duck tail and the front was between a Porsche GT3, GT4 bumper or a simple skirt/lip.

Nothing JDM...

Like you said it is my car, at the time i started this thread i was simply asking which front bumper would work best with the caymans lines.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.  Maybe I should have been more specific and simply quoted the final question of your original post and that was whether or not you should get a kit etc or keep it stock?  Yeah I went and chucked a bit of JDM chat in there just for the hell of it, perhaps I got carried away by some of the photos.  Whoops :ph34r:

Anyway.. My answer / opinion would have been something like 'hey you have an great car stock, keep it that way!

But, having said that now, the ducktail looks good too... B)  

All the best mate :)

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.  Maybe I should have been more specific and simply quoted the final question of your original post and that was whether or not you should get a kit etc or keep it stock?  Yeah I went and chucked a bit of JDM chat in there just for the hell of it, perhaps I got carried away by some of the photos.  Whoops :ph34r:

Anyway.. My answer / opinion would have been something like 'hey you have an great car stock, keep it that way!

But, having said that now, the ducktail looks good too... B)  

All the best mate :)

No worries mate! :D no feathers were ruffled.

I understand why you might have been carried away by the pics, most of the pictures on this thread where a little too modified. I only used them to reference a few parts i would have done, like the duck tail or just the GT3 bumper from the first picture.

As for my Cayman its going to stay stock for a awhile now...

Till i finally decide to purchase the duck tail B)

All the best to you too :)

• 3 months later...

I think you should stay stock, maybe add the GT4 rear wing.  Thats my 2 cents.

Yeah ive scrapped the face lifting ideas, Still want a ducktail and to lower it a bit.
Here are some pics from this weekends drive.

14701314_1360813143929381_10256989211223

14726189_189892304793775_904699503013632

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like the idea. 

This vid shows a fairly nice widebody + 991 GT3 front end.

Looks a lot better when it's all moving.

Thats exactly what i was planning...
Thats the black car that i posted earlier on this thread

Stock is oh so boring.  Don't be dissuaded.  At least lower it, get your wheel offsets right with spacers, and the exhaust note.  Minimum.  As MFX says, lowering cures all sorts of ills and you may not feel you need a front bar with a bit of low & poke.  If it looks good and sounds good it is good, if your start point is a Cayman.  Have not read whole thread so sorry if OT.

Stock is oh so boring.  Don't be dissuaded.  At least lower it, get your wheel offsets right with spacers, and the exhaust note.  Minimum.  As MFX says, lowering cures all sorts of ills and you may not feel you need a front bar with a bit of low & poke.  If it looks good and sounds good it is good, if your start point is a Cayman.  Have not read whole thread so sorry if OT.

Well ive already done the exhaust system. Thinking of getting lowering springs soon but pretty hard as my Cayman S has PASM, when i get it lowered ill also get some 15mm spacers for the rear wheels to make it flush with the fender.

Archived