Restomod Rx2

On 31/10/2020 at 20:16, JV911 said:

Better late than never...2mm American Racing seals

Wow that would be the longest time between replies I have ever seen.  3 years, 4 months and 1 day.  Did make me laugh though.  @DJM you can order those seals now that you have your answer😁

Haha I have no need to rebuild the engine at this stage 🤞🏻 I was just curious.  Lucky I wasn’t waiting on @JV911 reply!

I have had a new turbo manifold and turbo BW9180 fitted in the Covid hiatus and a dyno tune to confirm 452hp at the tyres, ideal for 1120kg👌

Can’t wait  to get on track at PI - entered PIARC 15 November which will be all good if the “ring of steel”  lifts this weekend.

14 hours ago, DJM said:

I have had a new turbo manifold and turbo BW9180 fitted 

Big boy! That's going to haul arse.

22 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Wow that would be the longest time between replies I have ever seen.  3 years, 4 months and 1 day.  Did make me laugh though.  @DJM you can order those seals now that you have your answer😁

That's what happens when you wait 3 years and 2 months for a 6 month paint job :PissedOff:

10 hours ago, JV911 said:

Big boy! That's going to haul arse.

It all started with a crack in the cast iron turbo manifold and regular warping of flanges leading to exhaust leaks. We decided to change to a high rise cast SS manifold.  

https://turbosource.com/products/turblown-engineering-investment-cast-347ss-t4-twinscroll-fd3s-turbo-manifold

Given the different turbo location, there was a lot of mucking around and refabrication of piping, oil lines etc.  Because the age of the T04Z was unknown, I decided to cough up for a new turbo while I was at it.  Otherwise I might need a turbo down he track and have to refab bits and pieces all over again.

It was very fast before, should be awesome now.  Mid range is apparently a lot stronger than before.   We’re only running 18psi and it makes plenty of power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, Lucky Phil said:

Is the blower going to have a better filter than the mesh grill there at the moment?  

Yea needs something for rego...either a shrouded pod or custom airbox with panel filter. Probably the latter given the space constraints.