Yep Its running..

• VIPEC V88 ECU with 12 racked GM 5.3 truck coils.
  • Heads ported with clearly a twin plug config.
  • 3.6ltr inlet manifold.
  • GT3 crank Carillo rods and I think I recall CP pistons. 
  • SC cams but they really should be 993 EVO cams to take full advantage of the rest of the stuff.
  • GT35 Turbo.
  • Custom 3 into 1 headers.
  • Custom air to air intercooler. This will be replaced with a water to air set up much like my old silver car. 
  • Gearbox is a G50 with billet side plate, oil cooler, LSD and custom gear set.
  • Fuel is E85 only.

With the above stuff I’m told it makes a little over 300RWKW. I’ll check this next week before I do the sprint event. 

Tomorrow after cars and coffee I’ll make a clutch switch so I can set up the 2step launch control. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:00 AM, Uncle said:

Yep Its running..

• VIPEC V88 ECU with 12 racked GM 5.3 truck coils.
  • Heads ported with clearly a twin plug config.
  • 3.6ltr inlet manifold.
  • GT3 crank Carillo rods and I think I recall CP pistons. 
  • SC cams but they really should be 993 EVO cams to take full advantage of the rest of the stuff.
  • GT35 Turbo.
  • Custom 3 into 1 headers.
  • Custom air to air intercooler. This will be replaced with a water to air set up much like my old silver car. 
  • Gearbox is a G50 with billet side plate, oil cooler, LSD and custom gear set.
  • Fuel is E85 only.

With the above stuff I’m told it makes a little over 300RWKW. I’ll check this next week before I do the sprint event. 

Tomorrow after cars and coffee I’ll make a clutch switch so I can set up the 2step launch control. 

Wow!  The engine ticks all the boxes!

Is the sprint event being the SM1000?

Pity I can't have a poke about at C&C this morning as I've just relocated to Armidale......

Just got back from the dyno after checking the tune before the event. My go to guy Benny from Benchmark solutions stayed back for me after hours to get the car on the rollers. He gets that for me its more about the right tune than all out power. We started out with 303rwkw and after him fixing up the drivability of the car we did a couple of power runs. In the end we came out with 334RWKW or 447RWHP in old money. The key here is we picked up 150nm to torque in the midrange. With a new turbo and bigger injectors there is probably another lazy 50RWKW floating around but whatever. The car is already properly fast weighting just over 1,000kg and having a bit of power. 

Yeah he is a good guy. Really switched on and understands there is more to tuning than just power. I’m really fussy who works on my stuff and I trust him with my car no worries. Another mate who helps me fab stuff also gets Beeny to tune his 500+RWKW Supra. 

So I had a pretty good weekend at the track. Had a super close battle with Rob in his 512ci Camaro (Rob’s on here he owns a white 930) with just 1/100th of a second between us at one stage. I was struggling with grip with the car spinning the 295 AO50’s with ease in 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th  as it came onto boost. To add to this it was on the limiter in 5th at the 400mtr mark. Not so good when it’s an 800mtr event. I had to roll off the throttle and try and hold it at 6,900rpm for the next 400mtrs.

Unfortunately Robs mate Arthur in his super quick turbo 911SC had a spin at the deep end of the track. Thankfully the car stayed on its wheels and very little damage was had other then needing a new windscreen and a good vacuum. I made my way over to check on him after he got back into the pits. He was fine but his day was done. At this point we had a conversation about grip levels and how I was struggling with it and a diff that was just too short to keep onto it. Rob jumped in with a “Why don’t you borrow Arthurs spare ET Streets. They will have more grip and I’m pretty sure they are taller.” That is what true sportsmanship is all about. Rob knew how tight it was and still jumped in to help me run quicker.

With that I went back jacked up the car and pulled my rears off whilst they got the tyres out of the back of the ute. Arthur even helped my make some quick mods to the oil lines for a better fit. What a pair of champions.

We got them on and it was game on!

Next run out Rob was lined up in front of me and I watched him make a beautifully clean pass with the car tracking straight as an arrow. I knew we wouldn’t get too many more runs so I had to make this one count. I dialled up 6,500rpm and stepped off the clutch. It still spun the wheels pretty hard but there was way more grip. This time it only spin the wheels in all 4 of the first gears for a bit rather than ½ the time it was in each gear. The 45 series sidewalls also gave me the extra rolling diameter I needed to have it just on the redline as I was crossing the line.

We got back to the pits and did the whole say the time after 3 as you get a text with your time by the time you are heading back on the return road. Rob ran an 18.6 and I’d run an 18.5. Again it was on with both of us looking for anything we could do to go faster. He took his mufflers off and I taped up the rain rails lol. Anything for a 10th of a second.

After that had a long wait for the next run as an R34 had put a leg out of bed resulting in a decent oil down. This resulted in us getting one last run. We went out in the same config with Rob going first and me following.

Rob made what looked like a clean pass from where I was sitting so this was it. I told myself to think about each shift and enjoy the competition.

There was nothing for it but dial up 7,000rpm and side step the clutch. This time the tyres bit more as they had had a good scuff up on my last pass. Whilst it still spun them there was less than the last run and I kept if off the limiter. I crossed the line and rolled off the power with a grin from ear to ear knowing I’d done as much as I could and enjoying the moment.

As I rolled back to the pits I waited for the sms with the time but it didn’t come by the time I’d gotten to Robs pit so I opened the door to talk to him whilst I waited. It was then that he told me as Arthur had heard it over the loud speaker. He had run an 18.9 and I’d run an 18.10. He was as happy as I was to just have fun and enjoy the racing.

That night at the presso dinner I bought their table a round of beers as a thanks whilst we talked about the day. Again what a bunch of gentleman that I hope to share the track with again sometime soon. 

I ended up 15th outright out of 82 cars and won the 3E class.

93D0A200-373B-443E-954D-AADEA8250534_zps

DF24B228-59A1-4D04-9694-839F9D105BC2_zps

26E17DAF-C789-47A0-A710-BB73989E5CAD_zps

1 hour ago, Uncle said:

So I had a pretty good weekend at the track. Had a super close battle with Rob in his 512ci Camaro (Rob’s on here he owns a white 930) with just 1/100th of a second between us at one stage. I was struggling with grip with the car spinning the 295 AO50’s with ease in 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th  as it came onto boost. To add to this it was on the limiter in 5th at the 400mtr mark. Not so good when it’s an 800mtr event. I had to roll off the throttle and try and hold it at 6,900rpm for the next 400mtrs.

Unfortunately Robs mate Arthur in his super quick turbo 911SC had a spin at the deep end of the track. Thankfully the car stayed on its wheels and very little damage was had other then needing a new windscreen and a good vacuum. I made my way over to check on him after he got back into the pits. He was fine but his day was done. At this point we had a conversation about grip levels and how I was struggling with it and a diff that was just too short to keep onto it. Rob jumped in with a “Why don’t you borrow Arthurs spare ET Streets. They will have more grip and I’m pretty sure they are taller.” That is what true sportsmanship is all about. Rob knew how tight it was and still jumped in to help me run quicker.

With that I went back jacked up the car and pulled my rears off whilst they got the tyres out of the back of the ute. Arthur even helped my make some quick mods to the oil lines for a better fit. What a pair of champions.

We got them on and it was game on!

Next run out Rob was lined up in front of me and I watched him make a beautifully clean pass with the car tracking straight as an arrow. I knew we wouldn’t get too many more runs so I had to make this one count. I dialled up 6,500rpm and stepped off the clutch. It still spun the wheels pretty hard but there was way more grip. This time it only spin the wheels in all 4 of the first gears for a bit rather than ½ the time it was in each gear. The 45 series sidewalls also gave me the extra rolling diameter I needed to have it just on the redline as I was crossing the line.

We got back to the pits and did the whole say the time after 3 as you get a text with your time by the time you are heading back on the return road. Rob ran an 18.6 and I’d run an 18.5. Again it was on with both of us looking for anything we could do to go faster. He took his mufflers off and I taped up the rain rails lol. Anything for a 10th of a second.

After that had a long wait for the next run as an R34 had put a leg out of bed resulting in a decent oil down. This resulted in us getting one last run. We went out in the same config with Rob going first and me following.

Rob made what looked like a clean pass from where I was sitting so this was it. I told myself to think about each shift and enjoy the competition.

There was nothing for it but dial up 7,000rpm and side step the clutch. This time the tyres bit more as they had had a good scuff up on my last pass. Whilst it still spun them there was less than the last run and I kept if off the limiter. I crossed the line and rolled off the power with a grin from ear to ear knowing I’d done as much as I could and enjoying the moment.

As I rolled back to the pits I waited for the sms with the time but it didn’t come by the time I’d gotten to Robs pit so I opened the door to talk to him whilst I waited. It was then that he told me as Arthur had heard it over the loud speaker. He had run an 18.9 and I’d run an 18.10. He was as happy as I was to just have fun and enjoy the racing.

That night at the presso dinner I bought their table a round of beers as a thanks whilst we talked about the day. Again what a bunch of gentleman that I hope to share the track with again sometime soon. 

I ended up 15th outright out of 82 cars and won the 3E class.

93D0A200-373B-443E-954D-AADEA8250534_zps

DF24B228-59A1-4D04-9694-839F9D105BC2_zps

26E17DAF-C789-47A0-A710-BB73989E5CAD_zps

was hanging onto every word. Rob is a gent

Unreal stuff mate, the new ride sounds like a monster! 

I’m fortunate to have Rob as a close friend, I race supersprints with him and that’s 100% accurate descriptor, a gentleman, scholar and good sportsman who genuinely wants to see you at your best! He will do everything he can to help you get there too! 

Also very good at helping me spend my $$$ on cars/mods ?

I’ve been trying to find old photos of it racing without much luck. 

58 minutes ago, Love 930 said:

Well Done Uncle , What a Beautiful Weapon . Is this the same weapon that WON outright winner & fastest MPH at SMC 500 Cootamundra Airport 2017 ..

I know Rob ran at ‘coota but not much else. Saying that it would be with a shot of gas. No spray allowed at this event. Just his cubes verses my little turbo and lack of weight.