986 Boxster S - immobiliser / alarm dramas

Honour

Any luck with this one Honour?

As a previous 986 owner and hopefully soon to be again I would be keen to hear how it went (if there is an update of course).  Hopefully its all sorted for you and you can be out enjoying the car 

Hi mate!

Havent had a chance to get it in to get electronics looked at yet. Have just received it back from my mechanic who gave the whole mechanical side a good once over, and is running beautifully now!

Will be taking it to Buik in Adelaide next week - will let you know how it all goes. 

Good to hear re the mechanical well being of your car.  Electrical jazz is over rated i say...  I wish there was a wind up window option on some of these new cars sometimes.. Sensors here sensors there which all need to be in perfect harmony otherwise shutdown mode is engaged!

Despite all of that I do look forward to hearing the results though.  Cant wait till I have another one and can share the good times (and electrical demons..)

Haha, exactly. I once had an old NA MX5, which was all very manual, and I absolutely loved it. The only thing that needed attention was a quick clean of the power window switch contacts, other than that it never skipped a beat.

All booked in for next week - will let you all know how it goes.

How did you go Honour?:huh:

Just picked it up last night, and all seems to be going well. They traced it to a faulty locking motor in the passenger door. $680 later, and we're good. Haha.

Also, out of interest, the key is apparently the factory item, as the 2001 was pre remote central locking apparently.

Thanks everyone! Fingers crossed there's no more issues!

Good result.   $680.00, ouch, but probably a bit of time involved there and that's not cheap anymore.

interesting re the key, they, must have changed them mid year, mine was 2001 and had remote.

Thanks for letting us know,.....And anyway as long as that little problem is out the way, ......

you own a Porsche...get in it, drive it and enjoy it.

Yeh exactly - just super happy to have it all fixed. And I agree it seems a bit strange with the no remote key, but they seemed to think it was normal, so I'm not too phased.

Thanks again for your help, guys. Much appreciated.

Now to try to find a space saver to replace my missing one....

• 2 years later...

Hi all, 

I have a 06 Boxster I just purchased. Now I think I have done the dumbest thing I can imagine, well 2 of them so far.   So Key 1 and 2 on the same ring, don't have the extra key, but I was replacing a taillight bulb and laid the keys in rear trunk area then closed it.   I called a locksmith and clarified it was a Porsche and they said they could get in no problem. So they came I paid and yes they got the door open, but the alarm is going off and the lid release latches seem to be disabled. I read in the previous post about steel cables to release? What I can find in the owners manual is those cables are there, but on the inside to prevent a person from getting locked in. I saw that I can via fuse box and battery open the frunk, but still need the key, but nothing for the rear.   The closest dealer to me is about 5 hours... Is there really no other way to get my keys out without going to the dealer to get a new key made?  I di unlatch top to get windows to stay open enough to open doors again.

1 hour ago, Chad S said:

Hi all, 

I have a 06 Boxster I just purchased. Now I think I have done the dumbest thing I can imagine, well 2 of them so far.   So Key 1 and 2 on the same ring, don't have the extra key, but I was replacing a taillight bulb and laid the keys in rear trunk area then closed it.   I called a locksmith and clarified it was a Porsche and they said they could get in no problem. So they came I paid and yes they got the door open, but the alarm is going off and the lid release latches seem to be disabled. I read in the previous post about steel cables to release? What I can find in the owners manual is those cables are there, but on the inside to prevent a person from getting locked in. I saw that I can via fuse box and battery open the frunk, but still need the key, but nothing for the rear.   The closest dealer to me is about 5 hours... Is there really no other way to get my keys out without going to the dealer to get a new key made?  I di unlatch top to get windows to stay open enough to open doors again.

For the rear the loop end of a wire cable is between the bumper material and the heat shield  against it. Can't remember if it's passenger or drivers side. Frunk one is hidden too.

Archived