The property ladder

An inevitability of city life? An investor's dream? 

To quote Franz Zappa in the Muffin Man song : "I for one care less for them".

http://www.realestate.com.au/news/industry-insider-says-sydney-will-soon-have-too-many-apartments/news-story/2017855ca3c0b94057db0879c63c4ba8#itm=newscomau|home|nca-homepage-topstories|1|link|homepage|homepage&itmt=1459397552068

Studies have been done to determine the happiness of people living in high rise blocks, with one UK report called Create Streets by the think tank Policy Exchange showing some alarming results. It suggested apartment living could increase stress and mental health issues and even cause relationship breakups. The study also revealed there are serious concerns for children brought up in apartments, suggesting they can suffer from hyperactivity, hostility and juvenile delinquency as a result.

I think that has been the experience of other cities around the world. We should be careful what we wish for and promote.

Yeah, imagine the basement sparking paces you'd need.

As a car guy,  I find the lack of space dilemma one that would keep me awake at night. Let alone not having a place to work on stuff. And kids developing delinquent tendencies,  like taking selfies of their privates etc etc.

Why go to Hong Kong when you can live the maharajah's life here?

http://www.domain.com.au/news/tasmanian-suburbs-joining-the-millionaires-club-20160229-gn6aaj/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=editorial&utm_campaign=TAS&noshow=true

The last house is 5 mins drive from my place and a good place to cruise past.

don't get me started about the level of apartment development in sydney--gives me the utter shits. throw up thousands and thousands of new apartments and bugger expanding public infrastructure like roads, public transport, schools etc. sydney really is ridiculous.

Time to move to Tazzieman or north Victoria. 

Both have the best driving roads 

And reading a report in the paper that it's getting just a bit too hot in northern Australia. It's not great when you are stuck inside with air con , because it's too hot to go outside. 

If you move you'll soon be paying higher taxes , which is OK because the cost of living is much less. Though as the dams dry up , the cost of energy is about to shoot up. A Tesla will no longer make sense. Any car that runs on biodiesel will be OK becaase Maccas is still pumping out a lot of used oil down here.

Ever tried Adelaide hills roads Hughesy? You should :-)

LOVE THEM THERE HILLS LEE.. DROVE MY EXIGE THROUGH THERE , COULDNT WIPE THE SMILE OFF FOR A WEEK  

YOU ARE BLESSED LIVING SO CLOSE

LOVE THEM THERE HILLS LEE.. DROVE MY EXIGE THROUGH THERE , COULDNT WIPE THE SMILE OFF FOR A WEEK  

YOU ARE BLESSED LIVING SO CLOSE

Except for those damn hidden speed cameras and cops around every corner.... ggrrrrrrrr!!!

Except for those damn hidden speed cameras and cops around every corner.... ggrrrrrrrr!!!

Gotta choose your runs carefully. Most of the cops are on fast sweepers or straights. I get more of a buzz out of 2nd and 3rd gear twisties like Mt Lofty to Lobethal via Basket Range. Hangin to drive a Porsche up there

Gotta choose your runs carefully. Most of the cops are on fast sweepers or straights. I get more of a buzz out of 2nd and 3rd gear twisties like Mt Lofty to Lobethal via Basket Range. Hangin to drive a Porsche up there

My brother lives in Teringie, I have some rentals in Woodside, and my parents are in Hahndorf, so I do drive those back roads a bit, but never in anything fun :( .  

Archived