AUDI (WAGON) APPRECIATION GROUP - RS2 S4 , RS4

Gents to provide you all with continued satisfaction and to self congratulate oneself, I thought a thread to both enhance ones profile and contain the inevitable thread drift... a place to post,  skite, gloat and boast is fitting.

Personally quite partial to the wagon type vehicle, after my formative years spent long distance in the brown on brown kingswould wagon.

full disclosure I'm also liking noggy blue Audi variants and am looking hopefully at a 99 S4 wagon next week 

Let's see your tasty biturbo/bent 8 fetish.

Edited by michel

This ain't no bi- turbo. Audi V8 power....bit of 928 dna in there somewhere ;) 

Oh and getting rid of those crappy plates

'WANKR' is on order ;) 

Fingers,  Cracker choice of plates. Made an edit: bent 8's Welkom 

will know if I'm getting the noggy biturbo in a week or so. bit of a sad case; bonnet lost some clear, and couple doors need paint correction and minor dent removal interior really good ( unfortunately plain Blk leather) though not the blue Alcantara. Shit ricer (Audi) wheels and funnily has the remains of a matte black wrap...oddly familiar.

Mostly wary given a lack of consistent info in the service history between 215-243k

But is Nogaro Blau

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-the-v8-audi-s4-is-an-awful-used-car-1676466510

Edited by michel

This ain't no bi- turbo. Audi V8 power....bit of 928 dna in there somewhere ;) 

Cos I'm a tinkerer with an eye on the past , I'll have one of these

03-Audi-Porsche.jpg

audi%20928%20mule.jpgr

I have an Audi-VW-Porsche car. I drove it to the death metal gig last night as it was the least likely car to get keyed. 

OK, I'll play.  Here's my B5 S4, owned for last 10 years.  Bilstein Sport suspension, APR tune, iron fist, velvet glove...:)

Can I join in and raise you.  You have the better colour in the S4, the newer coolant expansion tank and have two years on me in terms of ownership years , but I reckon mine goes faster (yes thats a 4" MAF setup on the lefthand side of pic below).  To the untrained eye the blue engine bay in the top photo looks the same as the bottom black one, except for the B5 RS4 carbon fibre covers.  However the top photo has a Plastic Y pipe and the bottom is aluminium and there is a noticeable size difference in the diameter of the air intake componentry. ( running B5RS4 intake, RS4 throttle body, rs4 inlet manifolds, custom fueling, 72lb 750cc injectors, loba 530ps rs4/rs6 hybrid turbo's, 2 ecu's with different customer tuners and the list goes on. Unless you take the engine covers off and you know these vehicles, or you have the car on a hoist and looking from underneath,  you would have no clue its modified (outside runs 18" b6s4 avus rims, coilovers (get 2 fingers underneath so not too low), 3" downpipes into a very unassuming 2.25" milltek exhaust with 100 cell cats which is really quiet even at WOT.  The only giveaway its modded is the milltek dual 3" tips and the sizable 350mm Alcon break setup up front   A great daily sleeper, that has lost its garage spot to the recent 996tt purchase, but the 996tt has a bit of catching up to do in terms of boost stakes and power levels and exhaust note.

b5 s4.jpgStage_3_Engine_Out.thumb.jpg.8a58487bf86

b5_s4_engine_bay.thumb.jpg.08eb344ebc508b5_s4_engine_bay_front.thumb.jpg.dd5b658

Edited by smit2100

Can I join in and raise you.  You have the better colour in the S4, the newer coolant expansion tank and have two years on me in terms of ownership years , but I reckon mine goes faster (yes thats a 4" MAF setup on the lefthand side of pic below).  To the untrained eye the blue engine bay in the top photo looks the same as the bottom black one, except for the B5 RS4 carbon fibre covers.  However the top photo has a Plastic Y pipe and the bottom is aluminium and there is a noticeable size difference in the diameter of the air intake componentry. ( running B5RS4 intake, RS4 throttle body, rs4 inlet manifolds, custom fueling, 72lb 750cc injectors, loba 530ps rs4/rs6 hybrid turbo's, 2 ecu's with different customer tuners and the list goes on. Unless you take the engine covers off and you know these vehicles, or you have the car on a hoist and looking from underneath,  you would have no clue its modified (outside runs 18" b6s4 avus rims, coilovers (get 2 fingers underneath so not too low), 3" downpipes into a very unassuming 2.25" milltek exhaust with 100 cell cats which is really quiet even at WOT.  The only giveaway its modded is the milltek dual 3" tips and the sizable 350mm Alcon break setup up front   A great daily sleeper, that has lost its garage spot to the recent 996tt purchase, but the 996tt has a bit of catching up to do in terms of boost stakes and power levels and exhaust note.

OK Smit, you win...

Smit you are a dark horse. Wagon? Who fabbed the y- pipe ?

4 X RS2's  

The Y pipe is the stock audi B5 RS4 Y pipe, (I aspouse to maximising  the use of upgraded genuine parts when doing Bolton mods if its proven to work in terms of adding better handling or performance  and only go aftermarket parts when the gap on the genuine part options available don't deliver the performance, can't be justified on cost or their is just not a genuine part available that does the job (eg after market parts that allow you to install upgraded genuine parts off other models)

Yes, I have seen 4 (believe different RS2's, two = definitely eg noggy blue and green).   Not convinced the one noggy blue RS2 has gone from Perth to Melbourne within 3 years (three owners in that period , eg same care three different meets across two states  and three different owners and then pops up for sale in Sydney in the space of 6 years).  If so the Perth owner's and the Melbourne owners I spoke to would be spewing because great money has been made on the car in that timeframe if it sells any where near the one that is being advertised.  First time I set eyes on a RS2 was a noggy blue one at a  German car show in York in Perth in 2009 (remember it well as ended up being a pretty expensive day out to get a decent bratwurst on a Sunday afternoon for both me and my mate (had and still has his B5S4 noggy blue sedan in WA)  as the boys in blue co-incidently arranged for a speed camera to be setup that late afternoon on the only road out of town back to Perth (about 200m before the 80k sign which preceded a good clear stretch leading into a 100km zone)   and my mate  following me was a bit slow on the high beam flicking from behind that I didn't see.  (he still gives me S%$% for his the fine and blames me for my inability to control that little hoon bastard inside me (one of the best all time quotes I have come across that in any car forum thanks to Blue 964 which absolutely summed up the situation).  Found the RS2 to be a stunning and unique car with performance to boot when I first laid eyes on it.  Big fan of noggy blue .  Still mystified how a UR Quatrro took out the best audi car on that day.

No shopping trolley in terms of a wagon unfortunately, its a sedan.  If I had my time again and as I have shared many a time on another forum, if you can stretch your budget , save you pennies and can be patient, just go for the B5 RS4 Wagon and give the B5 S4 wagon a wide birth or get over the rear hatch if you are a B5 S4 sedan fan, particularly if you have any itch of doing any mods.  

Pork chop's in his 335i shopping trolley has a very nice stealthy tweaked car.  However he is  probably fortunate that he hasn't come across one or two B5 RS4's lurking around Melbourne and Sydney.  I am totally convinced his unblemished  record of reaching the legal speed limit from a set of red lights or a low speed roll would have him seeing B5 RS4 alumimum side mirrow caps on display well out in front of him.  

The b5 RS4 is a very good Euro platform to get great performance at a reasonable price and a great car for its era.  Add some spice to it ( spend no more that what I spent to get my car b5 s4 to get better than RS4 stage 2 performance  (circa 500 hp) and open up the motor and add pepper to it and then give it some hot sauce by running E85 and its one hell of a beast.

Here are a few snippets from a Sydney owner of a modified b5 RS4r (specs on the Melbourne owners modded  car is not that far off and is in the process of getting some more boost added and upping the hp to circa 800chp)  that would have to be the stealthiest shopping trollies in Australia Who can say "I did meet a somewhat surprised Tesla driver the other night and have passed many Porsche turbos on the straight at Eastern Creek ", whilst being capable of picking  up the family dogs along with having the three kids in the backseat and the Mrs in the front on the way home from Eastern creek and also stopping off to do the weekly grocery shop and do all that with only the one car parked in the garage.  I think it speaks volumes when the owner of that B5 rs4 can run 5th at the Snowy 1000m event  in his 600whp Nissan GTR and say that his shopping trolley that has over 700chp and 950nm is better fun to drive when the boost comes on.

Edited by smit2100