AUDI (WAGON) APPRECIATION GROUP - RS2 S4 , RS4

Tom glad we cleared that one up. ?

Just came back from the drive and inspection of the S4. 

It's needing a whole lot of serious love and be a fun drive once you spend the likely sum of toms first outing @ AH... but as blue as this noggy s4 wagn, be its just left me feeling blue 

Tom glad we cleared that one up. ?

Just came back from the drive and inspection of the S4. 

It's needing a whole lot of serious love and be a fun drive once you spend the likely sum of toms first outing @ AH... but as blue as this noggy s4 wagn, be its just left me feeling blue 

so it's a no to the wagon?

I'm thinking on it - getting a repair quote to fix all the issues and while you are there scenario. Though after watching a mechanic mate work on an RS4 where the whole front of the car is dismantled ...I thought spark plug change on a flat 6 an issue 

Are there any RS2's in Australia? I know of 1, but they would all be personal imports. The original sleeper wagon

rs201.jpg

not only in Oz but the very same one on PFA back in 2012... some think the current verbage is sharp and pointed.. How we've matured ?

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/1343-audi-rs2-developed-by-porsche/#comment-12006

Edited by michel

Had my mates B7 RS4 on loan back in 2007 when it was brand new. He went to Europe for 3 months and literally said "here, look after this for 3 months will you". Barely saw another on the road back than and just loved smoking almost everything on 4 wheels at the lights. Truly great car and still the best Audi "R" models to date.

b5 s4.jpg

While I should not be encouraging Smit to punch out a 2 page post reply.....

I've driven Smits car and can vouch for it as a great sleeper. Very unassuming but nice smooth power delivery and sounded tough but subtle.  Bit of torque steer under full power keeps you focused!  Plenty fast for a daily driver and would leave for dead the majority of performance cars of today for a fraction of the cost.  But then I took him for a short squirt in the GT2 and......lo and behold he now has a 996TT to tinker with. 

While I should not be encouraging Smit to punch out a 2 page post reply.....

I've driven Smits car and can vouch for it as a great sleeper. Very unassuming but nice smooth power delivery and sounded tough but subtle.  Bit of torque steer under full power keeps you focused!  Plenty fast for a daily driver and would leave for dead the majority of performance cars of today for a fraction of the cost.  But then I took him for a short squirt in the GT2 and......lo and behold he now has a 996TT to tinker with. 

Not quite a  2 page reply.  Thanks for the vouch for my man crush on the audi B5 S4 / RS4 mark.   A small few that have done it said the 996TT is just the logical extension in terms of model and platform to take that next step up in terms of platform to mod for performance and handling  and bang for your buck if boost is your  weakness and Nissan GTR35's don't float your boat.  When you drove it, it was running a local tune with 22 psi  and I'm pretty sure we forgot to turn the ESP button off fact (gets a bit more snappy, but yours sealed the deal for me in terms of getting into a 996tt and the fact the 996TT can be toned down a little with the AWD is a bonus if your driving skills have lots of room for improvement .    I have a second ECU which has a revised chip  just installed on it with a 19psi file  from a well regarded UK tuner on the b5 s4 platform (eg reputation like Kevin from UMW on a 996TT).  My mechanic advised it is much better to drive  than the local tuned ECU and the audi for sheer power, insta boost and torque on tap  has it over my stock 996TT but acknowledges the 996TT is just on another level as a package to drive.   That tune is still being  dialed in and  I expect another chip which ups the boost to circa 22psi that should deliver torque levels that puts it in possible rod bending territory (tuner will have my back to try and minimise that occurring, ala Kevin and his tunes on his zero clearance turbo setups on the 996TT).  I paid for a switchable E85 tune as well, but can't see me ever getting to running that tune and dicking around with the logs.

So looking forward to getting home soon to tinker as you say with two toys, i,e

Jumping  into the S4 with a new tune file and then back to back that drive with my first drive of a 996TT.  Then after a week of getting a feel for the 996TT, a kline  2.5" exhaust with 100 cel HJS cats will get slapped on for another  back to back comparison, and then could possibly (need FedEx to come to the party)  back to back that drive with a  Cobb OTS stage 2 tune added.  Then I hope to back to back that with my audi with the boost turned back up again at 22 psi.   All going well, I may need an independent opinion from your own butt dyno on straight line speed for that last comparison. (eg 996TT with Kline and 100cel cats and OTS cobb tune vs 22psi tuned B5S4 with 530ps capable turbo's).  My money is still on the audi, so perhaps you can take the keys to the 996TT and I'll take the keys to the audi and well see if actions speak louder than words.   

However, the main game is now focused on tinkering  with the 996TT. as I will slowly begin to improve the handling and performance levels in stages to try and bring it on par with your GT2. First box in terms of being ticked is done in terms of exhaust, just need to work down the long list.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove my second local to me noggy today. Lightly modded 00 year model with the Alcantara blue interior. Pretty tidy but oddly the driver side door pull and switch gear looked shredded. ? Sure thought it'd be the passenger side subjected to a repeated claw like death grip, otherwise aside from minor external issues, lightly kerbed wheels  and some worn trim,  pretty good.

High km's and needing all the major service items performed, along attending to some oil leaks and suspension replacement leaves me still looking.

Been told there is another local to me, owned by an older German gent... How do you say beer in German? 

image_29.jpeg

Edited by michel

Drove my second local to me noggy today. Lightly modded 00 year model with the Alcantara blue interior. Pretty tidy but oddly the driver side door pull and switch gear looked shredded. ? Sure thought it'd be the passenger side subjected to a repeated claw like death grip, otherwise aside from minor external issues, lightly kerbed wheels  and some worn trim,  pretty good.

High km's and needing all the major service items performed, along attending to some oil leaks and suspension replacement leaves me still looking.

Been told there is another local to me, owned by an older German gent... How do you say beer in German? 

image_29.jpeg

the owner of this one let slip he only owed $30k on the car. A little bit rough around the edges but much room for negotiation seeing as most of the B7's have been online for a while. I got him down to $50k a month ago. Pretty desperate to get rid of it (partner doesn't drive manual)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Audi-RS4-2007/SSE-AD-3938781/?Cr=2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a lovely looking B5 RS4 just come up for sale in Brissie...  BTW number plate is probably worth more than the car, particularly in Porsche circles.  Unfortunately the plate doesn't go with the car...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4035873?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

cp5706370953080088191.jpg?aspect=FitWith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Old thread but I got myself a B7 RS4 today. First wagon ever, first Audi ever.

great all round car arent they. Bought one in 2008 when new and years later bought another one last year because there was nothing else that could deliver quite the same usable/understated/power equation especially at the $50k mark. 

great all round car arent they. Bought one in 2008 when new and years later bought another one last year because there was nothing else that could deliver quite the same usable/understated/power equation especially at the $50k mark. 

Except a dark nero Country Road skivvy ;)

http://www.gq.com.au/lifestyle/cars/galleries/what+audi+jeep+mini+and+7+other+cars+say+about+their+drivers,40223?pos=1

They say you are what you eat , and I guess we are what we drive - in the public's eye at least. I wonder what the journalist drives?

11 year ownership on my 99.5 B5 A4 1.8T Manual Quattro GP-Update Edition. RS4 wheels, Meyle HD suspension kit, H&R Race Springs and Sachs Sports Shocks (really needs bilsteins to match the H&R springs). Other than that completely stock just the way I like it. It's in storage turning into a Barn-Find.

BxEOh2K.jpg

VhNXRv6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...