AUDI (WAGON) APPRECIATION GROUP - RS2 S4 , RS4

michel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LeeAgree with the comments on CVT, everything I read on ozaudi forum was scathing. I had a 2.8 A6 Quattro Avant for 4 years and loved it, only reason I moved on was a new job new car policy.  Only stuff to look out for is the cam belts being done very 100k, water pumps fail (requires a fair bit of work to replace or do it with the timing belt) and the led centre dash info panels tend to have missing/broken leds, more annoying than critical.  

quatro and S line gives you the bells and whistles and even a short commute should be done in comfort and with reliability ?

mrs is flogging her 2012 Q3 2.0T Quattro in Late Feb when the GLC arrives. Been a great reliable short commuter only has 28k on the clock, fsh and going for $25k it if its of interest to anyone.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:36 AM, TINGY944 said:

What is the thoughts on Q5 with the 3.0ltr V6 diesel up front, i'm thinking about a 2011 model as a daily.

We bought 2 of the 3ltr diesels when the Q5 came out in 2009. I liked the car, but one of them had issues (2 top end rebuilds in the first 18mths of ownership), the other was flawless. The early 2ltr diesels were notorious for problems, but I don't know anyone else who had a problem with the 3ltr other than us.

Easy car to daily drive, but very nose heavy. Servicing costs are insane, find an independent. Its cheaper to service a merc with a merc dealer than a diesel at an Audi dealership.

• 1 month later...

Disgusting people all for making sales. I have NO doubt the boss would have known about it, and everyone involved should be held accountable and imprisoned immediately. MAN I hate that shit ???

Wonder if Porsche were in on monkey gassing too.

So glad I found Volvo. They plod along quietly producing excellent strong, practical, safe and comfortable machines.. the world is finally discovering how awesome they are (xc60 won wheels car of the year). I'm sure they'd never hurt a monkey.

3 minutes ago, Al said:

Wonder if Porsche were in on monkey gassing too.

So glad I found Volvo. They plod along quietly producing excellent strong, practical, safe and comfortable machines.. the world is finally discovering how awesome they are (xc60 won wheels car of the year). I'm sure they'd never hurt a monkey.

Owned by the Chinese.... hmmm they never have any human or animal rights problems.... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure how long this has been for sale but rarely seen

Check out these cars: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=((Service%3D[Carsales]%26BodyStyle%3D[Wagon])%26(Make%3D[Audi]%26Model%3D[RS2]))&sortby=Price

im also bewildered at the price of the original RS4 b5 2.7L wagons high k’s and big bucks

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this section. Thought I'd put it out there that I'm selling my immaculate B5 RS4 so I can buy a Porsche 🙂

Hopefully someone knows someone that might be interested. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Audi-RS4-2001/SSE-AD-5692289

Car is Australian delivered July 2001 b5 RS4, 1 out of 11 in Avus Silver, and 1 out of 48 b5 RS4s Australia Wide.

Has not ever been tuned so has had an easy life.

Has approximately $20,000 of performance improvements (also comes with all original parts & wheels if you wish to go back to standard): - Bilstein PSS9 Suspension with adjustable height and damping whilst maintaining comfort. - H&R adjustable Anti Roll Bars (32mm front, 21 mm rear) to eliminate understeer. - HRE P43S 19" Forged Alloys (made in USA) with near new Continental ContactSport 6 tires (weight saving of approx 2kg per corner, $10k replacement cost). - New B7 RS4 8 piston Brembo brakes and rotors with Goodridge stainless steel brake lines. - Rear helical LSD (improves acceleration and prevents slippage on off camber hair pin roads when diagonal wheels become light). - German Zinram stainless steel catless downpipes with high flow 100 cell main cats. Improves acceleration response and top end power. - LED lighting upgrade. - Front lip spoiler

484583733_B5RS4driveday-s.thumb.jpg.e0a3983fb4af75b37930fc09a0cbeb55.jpg

437983259_B5AudiRS4front.thumb.JPG.2cb6c145861a1923592e5b41b1df5331.JPG

1318530574_b5AudiRS4HRE-3_s.thumb.JPG.8bc86d2dcc17af1bfcf3699de674b5d7.JPG

957741122_B5RS48PistonBrembos.thumb.JPG.ca4415a7f072c2a1b03c793db98b3957.JPG

1162871964_B5RS4HREP43SForged.thumb.JPG.e487e286360bbf32d0060ba68ac340ae.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2019 at 08:51, donR said:

Thanks, I wish I could keep it after 16 years of ownership but things are a bit tight for my next purchase. 

Coming from the 2.7l  with some loba magic applied to those twin k04's, can highly recommend keeping the analogue theme and upgrading to a  3.6l p car with twin snails.

Yes, I do enjoy the off/on torque when those twin turbos kick in on the RS4 and I can see the attraction for the 3.6 TT. It is hard to go back to an NA car unless it is something like a GT3 perhaps but that is an expensive journey and perhaps without creature comforts. 

I think one does get a bit spoilt with the turbos but it is a different sort of emotion. I can see the attraction for NA cars and reminds me of my old E30 6 cylinder which I had ported & blueprinted, and a couple of high reving NA 4 cylinder cars I used to drive in the day. 

However, I think for now I will be sticking with at least one snail. 😉

45 minutes ago, donR said:

Yes, I do enjoy the off/on torque when those twin turbos kick in on the RS4 and I can see the attraction for the 3.6 TT. It is hard to go back to an NA car unless it is something like a GT3 perhaps but that is an expensive journey and perhaps without creature comforts. 

I think one does get a bit spoilt with the turbos but it is a different sort of emotion. I can see the attraction for NA cars and reminds me of my old E30 6 cylinder which I had ported & blueprinted, and a couple of high reving NA 4 cylinder cars I used to drive in the day. 

However, I think for now I will be sticking with at least one snail. 😉

991?

On 04/03/2019 at 12:29, smit2100 said:

991?

No as you would know the 991 has two snails and probably a little above my budget but I happily settled for another Porsche with one snail that is just as quick and a little faster and smaller than my RS4 🙂

Archived