911 Carrera Narrow Body Turbo

GUT

Introducing my latest toy.

Basic specs:

• US LHD 1987 Carrera
  • 3.3 Turbo from a '91 964 Turbo
  • G50

It was modified in the US by the second owner and imported to Oz a few years back and previously issued with club permit H plates. With the rule changes, it needed to be issued with a VASS certificate to be legitimately issued with a club permit. So I went through the hoops. Not too bad really as it was nicely put together.

Issued with VIC club permit M plates today :D

Future plans include:

• Sports seats
  • RUF Speedlines
  • Momo Prototipo
  • any other suggestions?

IMG_6146_zpsfnqsumsm.jpg

994BB53C-8DD3-4BD0-B642-BB5618F3728F_zps

42419AA3-FB57-46AF-8F1D-F77FBE6D2FA5_zps

Edited by GUT

Nice "sleeper".  I did spot it on "The Duck" this morning

It is a total sleeper. Especially since I removed the screamer pipe, which was ridiculous. It does, unfortunately, have a turbo badge on the lid which must be replaced with a Carrera badge asap.

Looks nice as it is... I'm getting my 76 turbo registered hopefully in a week or 2 so ill be up for a drive if your in..

I'm always up for a drive.

Nice job! What engineer did you go through?

Andrew George at Sigmatech - very professional and helpful - recommended.

Thats pretty awesome!

Careful though, turbos are wide for a reason other than just to fit rubber under there.

Yes indeed. I will give it plenty of respect. Fatter and stickier tyres are on the list - the stock 16x7's are a little underdone...

Andrew George at Sigmatech - very professional and helpful - recommended.

Yes indeed. I will give it plenty of respect. Fatter and stickier tyres are on the list - the stock 16x7's are a little underdone...

+1 for Andrew George.  He knows his stuff. 

7" rubber under a turbo. Smoke machine ! :D

Congrats.  I think I see a pattern in your purchases.

New motokhana car?

Not quite as diverse a mix as your collection. Everything else is out of reach these days. Something not red would be good. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll have to diversify next time - DeTomaso Pantera is top of the list B)

This would be a hoot for a motorkhana  - when's the next one?!

That's the plan :)

Are you bringing the GT3?

Unfortnately not. I Was expecting to pick it up today (it's been off getting detailed) but it's not ready. :(

Most likely be me and my little ones in the 964. 

how are you going to get rid of the screamer- route it through the muffler or something?

Being an '87 it had to have a cats. The wastegate now has a small cat on it. Still makes enough noise but the screamer was a bit OTT.

Nice toy!!!

I had it in my head it was white.....clearly not

Someone is spoilt for choice and I see in the future the sale of a wide bodied Carrera. Only to make way for something a little more spirited ;) 

White would be nice.

I do like my fat bottomed girls though. The more the merrier. I'm hanging on as long as I can!

Sleeper indeed. It's so inconspicuous that on the way back from Dak Dak this morning I had 2 very close calls with people who just didn't see me.

First was a guy who swerved into my lane when someone in front of him was turning right. My brakes work :). Only just missed him by a bee's d....

Second was a young girl turning right out of a side street that I was turning right into. She didn't bother looking and very nearly T-boned me.

It's the Invisible Jet.

Does that make me Wonder Woman? :blink:

Sleeper indeed. It's so inconspicuous that on the way back from Dak Dak this morning I had 2 very close calls with people who just didn't see me.

First was a guy who swerved into my lane when someone in front of him was turning right. My brakes work :). Only just missed him by a bee's d....

Second was a young girl turning right out of a side street that I was turning right into. She didn't bother looking and very nearly T-boned me.

It's the Invisible Jet.

Does that make me Wonder Woman? :blink:

could be lack of eye contact,put a dummy with big eyes in the passenger seat.