911 Carrera Narrow Body Turbo

GUT

could be lack of eye contact,put a dummy with big eyes in the passenger seat.

there's another use for that life size doll in the cupboard...

Eye contact is easier if they turn their head in my direction.

Sleeper indeed. It's so inconspicuous that on the way back from Dak Dak this morning I had 2 very close calls with people who just didn't see me.

First was a guy who swerved into my lane when someone in front of him was turning right. My brakes work :). Only just missed him by a bee's d....

Second was a young girl turning right out of a side street that I was turning right into. She didn't bother looking and very nearly T-boned me.

It's the Invisible Jet.

Does that make me Wonder Woman? :blink:

it's not just red ones. Silver 911's in the midday sun are just as invisible.  3 near misses in 5 minutes today.   Twice a right turning car at intersections when I'm traveling straight through and one grinning idiot who drove out of a Toorak side street without looking and stopped across the lane right in front of me FFS! ?

It's not just small Porsches believe me.

My daily for the last 8 years is a bright orange Range Rover Sport, covered in stickers, a massive roofrack and a pile of lights. I'd had it 6 weeks and some clown turned right out of the junction I was turning right into, he drove straight into the back corner of it ripping off his front bumper and guard. Sorry mate I didn't see you were the first words out of his mouth, before he admitted he was so busy looking at the car he forgot that he shouldn't pull out until I was past him. Bugger all damage to mine, think I had the bumper repainted.

6 months later as I drove past a line of stationary cars, the one in the middle pulled straight out into the side of me, going all the way from the front wheel to the back and leaving her front bumper in a heap on the road. Apparently it was my fault she didn't see the massive orange car in her mirrors...

Then of course someone used it instead of their brakes to stop at the end of a motorway slip road, because they didn't see it sat stationary. Towbar ruined their car, not a scratch on mine.

Then we moved here and I brought it with me. All was well until a small Asian gentleman didn't see it in Kew a few months ago and walloped the back of it at a junction. Apparently I shouldn't have been there because he was too busy looking right to make sure he could keep going. My towbar didn't quite get me off scot free this time, so the bumper got painted again. 

Until I bought this car, I hadn't had an accident in 15 years, so believe me it isn't just small cars that don't get seen ;)

RUF Speedlines B)

17x9 & 17x8

235/45/17 up front - hits the guard on the right side over bumps or heavy braking. New tyres required - either 215 or 225 and will probably roll the guards. 

255/40/17 at the back. Easy fit.

Any recommendations on tyres?

BFG T/A's make plenty of smoke. :D

Got new tyres today from Stuckey

Dunlop Direzza Z2

Front: 215/45/17
Rear: 255/40/17

The old 235's up front kept banging the guard. I contemplated going for 225 but decided to stick with smaller to be safe - I don't think I need that much up front.

Watched the car drive around the corner - I like the RUF Speedlines - they fill the guards nicely and just look right on the move.

The car looks awesome, love those RUF wheels. What a collection you have now....

My collection is all of a similar flavour. Yours offers a bit more contrast. Swap you one for your GT3!

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeper indeed. It's so inconspicuous that on the way back from Dak Dak this morning I had 2 very close calls with people who just didn't see me.

First was a guy who swerved into my lane when someone in front of him was turning right. My brakes work :). Only just missed him by a bee's d....

Second was a young girl turning right out of a side street that I was turning right into. She didn't bother looking and very nearly T-boned me.

It's the Invisible Jet.

Does that make me Wonder Woman? :blink:

no need for dollies 

image_31.jpeg

wondering what'd look like in some dished steelies. Ala bi metallic 904's

Edited by michel

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great GUT - let know when going up in the hills again, always looking for drive partner.

will do

I'm thinking about this Sunday as I'm heading O/S for a few weeks and will miss the cars while I'm away. 

Depends on weather and Sat night.