RSR on carsales

hi

just joined... Been looking at the RSR replica currently on carsales (silver with black interior, at duttons, priced at $120k) and wondering if any of you experts had any comments on it, i.e. Any good? Good price? These hot rods, too much trouble, high maintenance?

The background info I know is:

• has a 930 turbo Aussie 3.0 engine
  • chassis/shell imported from USA and converted to rhd
  • engine built/prepped by autoart
  • Has boxster brakes
  • has a fuel cell petrol tank in the boot <-- what's the point of this? Just lose boot space!
  • has upgraded cam

Thought maybe best is to get a ppi with weltmeister done.... (I'm no techo)

Do your research on registration. It WILL need a VASS certificate and will need to go on M plates if under the club permit scheme in VIC. Not necessarily a big deal but do your research.

Considering the baseline price for a decent AC 911 I'd say 120k is a fair price especially considering the $$$ that's been spent on it. 

As tuboT said, no way you could build it for that. Looks like one hell of a car! 

Also worth considering Loui at Motionautomotive for an inspection as an alternative to Weltmeister. Best of luck! 

I sourced a 1972e matching numbers RHD converted car for a mate a month ago. Some at the PFA Canberra meet saw it Sat night.

Hand picked by Bruce Anderson and shipped to oz, where it had a detailed factory correct conversion to RHD using NLA parts. Repainted a non orig but year correct pastel blue , laden with period correct factory options including sport seats and came with spare parts galore and boxes and boxes of ownership information and records.

110k I thought it a steal and would have encouraged my mate to buy even if it was 140k. The 110k likely sets a high water mark for an early converted car.  

I'm thinking   DUTTONS et al would list this at more than 160?

what am I saying? Forgotten ;) 

Oh yeh think you could apply a bit of downward pressure on the sticker price, 

hi

just joined... Been looking at the RSR replica currently on carsales (silver with black interior, at duttons, priced at $120k) and wondering if any of you experts had any comments on it, i.e. Any good? Good price? These hot rods, too much trouble, high maintenance?

The background info I know is:

• has a 930 turbo Aussie 3.0 engine
  • chassis/shell imported from USA and converted to rhd
  • engine built/prepped by autoart
  • Has boxster brakes
  • has a fuel cell petrol tank in the boot <-- what's the point of this? Just lose boot space!
  • has upgraded cam

Thought maybe best is to get a ppi with weltmeister done.... (I'm no techo)

Car is nice.. considered it for NSW rego ,too difficult..maybe VIC would be easier , used to have a bigger price tag ..so not sure how much of squeeze you will get on price

Cheers guys, thanks for the replies.  not sure what year the body is.

Yes, I need to look into the rego more as its not straight forward, I think they wanted to sell w/o a rwc too...  Hhmmm!

As I said, in VIC you're almost certainly going to need a VASS.

It says it's a '75 body in the ad. So that means emissions will be ok. But you're going to need to pass 96dB at around 4000rpm.

I'd also be concerned about the wheels passing engineering - they're custom jobs.

Seats, seatbelts, steering wheel, roll cage all need checking.

Consult a VASS signatory to get a sense of what might be involved.

Don't underestimate what might be required.

Best to do things right - some clubs might run it through on H plates but I wouldn't want to test that with an insurance company after an incident or VICRoads in an audit.

Go in with eyes wide open - don't trust a seller's assurances that 'she'll be right'.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the yellow 930 hot rod (been for sale for ages) is a better car.. 
its on car sales too.

just needs a good set of wheels, but they done a fine job in building it , and claim they have all receipts for it.was built local in melbourne as well so u can ask engine builder whats it got.

i was nearly going to buy it but found a faster one....

I think that the yellow 930 hot rod (been for sale for ages) is a better car.. 
its on car sales too.

just needs a good set of wheels, but they done a fine job in building it , and claim they have all receipts for it.was built local in melbourne as well so u can ask engine builder whats it got.

i was nearly going to buy it but found a faster one....

yep, interior is much nicer and it probably is a smoother ride but I'm just not a fan of yellow or 964s (sorry to all 964 dudes)... And love the look of ye olde long bonnet types....

yep, interior is much nicer and it probably is a smoother ride but I'm just not a fan of yellow or 964s (sorry to all 964 dudes)... And love the look of ye olde long bonnet types....

you could probably get it for 80-90k.... change out the crap wheels, add some black stripes or even paint it with the price difference. its based on 76 model shell.... i looked right into buying it, but found a much faster one for half the price!!

good luck, keen to hear what u get. either way, any hot rod or replica you find will be (and is) great fun!!

Was in Dutton last week , I scoured the floor , I think its gone .. so go buy the yellow one and start on making hot stylish traffic

Symsy, its on the lower floor not on ground floor... You have to ask to get access.

Update:  anyway, have now just completed a PPI with Ben at weltmeister ... Not progressing. :-(

Welcome to the forum, @Philbee.

thanks mate... I need help! 

Having owned a perfect 1989 3.2 coupe about 10 yrs ago and sadly had to sell I've reignited my Porsche addiction now after watching too many 'singer' videos... Those bastards in the US. Can't afford a real RSR!

What did ppi show up?

well, I think as a professional courtesy to both parties, I'll refrain from spelling it out on the interweb... But anyone interested in buying or investigating this car more, feel free to contact me.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE: Lot 40 at the motorclassica auction this Saturday (October 23) looks awfully familiar!! Just saying.... :huh:

As a famous hunter once said, "be vewy vewy careful, it's rabbit season & im huntin' wabbits!!   ?

Wait for the pass in /pass back .. no paperwork.. how do you own a car with no paperwork .. big discussion or do the car keys just count as title?

Maybe the new owner gotta photo of the corner of a rego document or whatever it i have a a photo of that relates to that car.

Whats the buyers premium Michel and the sellers ? Do you know ?

There has been a white one out at The Healey Factory. Fully registered and with personalized plates on it. ---RS  etc.

It's about $110,000 and a full resto.

They seem to always have 1-2 of those resto classics lying around - good on 'em!! There's a green one on carsales now from them, looks great too. I can't see the white online....  did you drop in and see it?

I'm a satisfied customer!

Archived