HK 911

LeeM

Congrats Mate. Now that you don't own the 912, I can say it's a "pretend" car without insulting you :). An SC is one hell of a car. Push it over 4K revs and see what I mean

I dare say you may get some reaction from that comment Raf, yet thanks all the same. It was my entry into the Porsche world for what I could afford, and the 912 has its place, yet a 70's SC was the ultimate goal eventually.

I drove one recently, and know very well about the kick above 4000rpm, so being as the silver one has had some minor mods (SSI and other little bits) I look forward to driving it

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great in that shot Lee and I really like those wheels on it too  :)

I had the choice of a few sets of wheels to go with the car, yet the more I looked at them the more I liked them, so stuck with these. Glad I did. Cheers guys. More excited than a kid at Xmas! (I kid you not!)

Now HURRY UP AND GET HERE DAMN IT! 

Another pic of the Honkers SC. It's been picked up today, so I'm HOPING it gets here end of next week. I'm hangin!!

Really loving the wheels that are on it. Going by the kardex, I believe they were ordered with the car

IMG_8048.jpg

looks like you're stashing a few more under the covers mate ;) 

Looks great Lee, great buying. I should be in Adelaide next month so hope we can catch up and admire it over a cold one....

Sounds good mate. Will try and get the troops together.

Small problem. Got it home, flat battery. Ugh! Been sitting for a few months, so its probably a knackered battery. Auto sparky on his way to check it out for my peace of mind anyway. Very solid car to drive, gear selection crisp, brakes, clutch, everything works fine. Except the lack of battery power! 

Aaaaand its HOME! WOOHOO!! Awesome thing to drive

20160512_133059.jpg

Lee thats a nice looking car - liking those wheels, really suits the car

Sounds good mate. Will try and get the troops together.

Small problem. Got it home, flat battery. Ugh! Been sitting for a few months, so its probably a knackered battery. Auto sparky on his way to check it out for my peace of mind anyway. Very solid car to drive, gear selection crisp, brakes, clutch, everything works fine. Except the lack of battery power! 

bight the bullet, but a new high quality battery (like a Varta) and a trickle charger - start from a  solid base 

Just done that mate. New battery recommended by the auto sparky. 

This has to be cleaned up methinks! Newbie question, but is it actually neccesary above the oil cooler? Looks like a dodgy installation to me

20160512_160357.jpg

well done Lee, I see you're wasting no time in getting your hands dirty. Cleaning battery acid in engine bay one minute, bare metal respray the next! In all seriousness, it looks like a very clean and well kept example. Hope to see it in the flesh at some stage.

Well done Lee, looks like you've got yourself a great 911. Good luck getting to know it and gradually making it your own.

I'm guessing you found this one outside of the regular carsales, ebay, gumtree network? 

Well done Lee, looks like you've got yourself a great 911. Good luck getting to know it and gradually making it your own.

I'm guessing you found this one outside of the regular carsales, ebay, gumtree network? 

Cheers all. So happy right now!

A mate had it in his stash of 911's, then we had a chat, as a silver 911 is my ultimate Porsche, and a deal was done after I had to sell the 912 (still going to miss that car).

This one needs TLC (its a 10 foot car), yet I'm onto it already, as the weather turned to pooh today, so I don't wish to find out about snap oversteer on the first day of ownership, and have to ring Shannons tomorrow!

I had planned to fit some race seats later on, but the standard ones are brilliant. Interior is better than I thought (one seat has a small tear) yet the rest of it doesnt need replacing. Theyre 17inch wheels, not 16's as I thought, and need a good scrub n polish, yet overall I'm very happy with the car

Bodywise it has a couple of cracks here and there, yet theyre an easy fix I'll get onto very soon. I'll need to compare mine with Stew's at some stage to see any differences, as I don't know much about them

Lets hope its better weather tomorrow, then I'll be in the Adelaide hills!