HK 911

LeeM

The car was sent to a Shannons approved suspension repairer, and me being nosey and not having seen the car since its been painted, I called in to have a look as it's next door to where I load up everyday. Suspension not done as yet, though this was staring at me out the back. Holy shit! ?

A little better than how it was when I last saw it, or since I've owned it to be correct! The boys at Edwardstown Body Repairs have done a seriously amazing job

Very happy man! 

20181017-145623.jpg

20181017-150812.jpg

3 hours ago, poli84 said:

Looking great Lee. But how come you didn't get the body shop to plug up the old mirror holes in the door while they had the paint gun out? 

I've always wanted to be able to turn it back into an SC if required. Part of the reason (and cost) I fitted the fibreglass front signal bezels to the original guards was so that a future owner can just rip them off and take it back to an SC easily enough. Now that it has one side done perfectly, I'll have them do the other side in the future which kinda kills my idea of keeping anything I do reversible. 

Thanks all. I'm not known for my patience, and as it's been 3 months, I've kinda lost any I had. It's been in the best hands with Edwardstown Body Repairs and now Buik Motorworks, so I'll have a much better car when I do get it back

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I've always wanted to be able to turn it back into an SC if required. Part of the reason (and cost) I fitted the fibreglass front signal bezels to the original guards was so that a future owner can just rip them off and take it back to an SC easily enough. Now that it has one side done perfectly, I'll have them do the other side in the future which kinda kills my idea of keeping anything I do reversible. 

Thanks all. I'm not known for my patience, and as it's been 3 months, I've kinda lost any I had. It's been in the best hands with Edwardstown Body Repairs and now Buik Motorworks, so I'll have a much better car when I do get it back

That's fair enough Lee, good reasoning. So what will use to plug up the holes in the meantime?

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

That's fair enough Lee, good reasoning. So what will use to plug up the holes in the meantime?

A big sticker ? They were on there before 

I'm having a couple of Heuer shaped decals made with different wording for a bit of a laugh. 

Love the 'ghettoness' of my car and what I'd done to it, as I didn't want a prissy car I couldn't drive in any weather and on dirt roads etc, yet my previous plans for it have changed a bit now. The left side is still my handiwork (aka crap) so I'll be cleaning that up a bit and see where I go from there. No real plans, but I have a few ideas that may work

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Try 12 months with no end in sight..... :(

Looking good Lee, hopefully back in your hands soon!!

10 minutes ago, ANF said:

Try 12 months with no end in sight..... :(

Looking good Lee, hopefully back in your hands soon!!

I'd shoot meself mate! 

Should be a week or 2 longer. Not having the car forces me to mow more lawns and do some more painting on Sundays ?

1 hour ago, Tips said:

A tradie doing work on his own house, now that’s a change :Chuckle2:

? After 8 years I still haven't changed the old 70's/80's bronze coloured doors on our wardrobe mate, and that's what I do for a living! ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Fitted up some 15 inch Minilites and replica Fuchs with Nangkang AR1 tyres. Man what a difference!! Totally different car to drive and looks much better in my opinion. Will have to look into 9's or 10's for the rears though 

20181103-145114.jpg

Best I have ever seen it look Lee!!  Looking forward to seeing it in the morning!  BTW, I just had a look online and GOH2O number plates are available...perfect for the 996?

Just now, PhilH said:

Best I have ever seen it look Lee!!  Looking forward to seeing it in the morning!  BTW, I just had a look online and GOH2O number plates are available...perfect for the 996?

You HAVE TO GET THEM and we get a side by side pic. Brilliant! 

Thanks mate, its the best I've seen it look too and will stay that way.....probably ?

53 minutes ago, 901er said:

Looks great Lee. Go for Minilites all round I reckon ?

That will happen soon mate. I just wanted to try 15's out first, and had a pair of Fuchs 7's at home to fit some tyres to before I bought another pair of Minilites for the front. I have a pair to trial fit from Cam Arnott (who I bought the rears from), though want to see what the offset is like. I'm still waiting for a cash settlement from Shannons for a set of rims, as they didn't want to repair the slight damage to the Ronals which is fair enough I spose. I'll take them to a shop to see if they can be rolled and repaired 

I'd like to fill the rear guards a little more, as the offset is different to the Ronals, so I may try some spacers before buying 9 inch rims

• 9 months later...

I bought some cheap Stratos seats yonks ago that were beige in colour, and was always going to dye them black but...I'm lazy 😁 

Anyway. 2 cans of VHT black spray dye for $30 and they're done. Came up pretty good for my level of quality (aka not mega fussy). I could/should have prepped them a bit better, but theyll do for now

IMG-20190812-154528-504.jpg

I also fitted this Wevo thanks to @Ashbaxter who was after a stock one. Cheers mate 👍

I may need it a little taller, yet I removed the stock Wevo knob and fitted the favourite I have being a Walnut Porsche accessory one which raised it a bit more to my liking. 

20190812-152215.jpg

Or I use this extension I got ages ago from @Boys Own Garage 😁 I think not, but it's perfectly positioned 

20190812-152450.jpgwoodforest bank branches

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

What's the feel compared to the stock? Did you have the stock shifter or a factory short shift?

Stock 915 without a short shifter is like stirring porridge mate. Think the one I had on the stock set up was a factory short shift but can't be sure, yet it reduces the throw by around 30% I'm told. No way in a fit would I drive my car without a short shifter. They're highly recommended 

I haven't driven the car with the Wevo fitted just yet, but it does feel a little tighter and more of a positive shift sitting in the shed

3 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Yeah, one of the first things I did to mine way back when. Just wondering whether the step for the wevo is worth while

Ta!

Some like the Wevo and some don't. I've driven a 911 with one fitted which is why I wanted one. Can be fiddly with adjustment I'm told, yet once that's sorted they're pretty good. Will try n take the car out tomorrow and let you know