HK 911

LeeM

Thought I'd take the missus and her ladyship out for a quick blat today, and pulled into a park (saw a nice red targa and 997 and both waved!). The missus was off exploring with Roxy, so I did a self timed photo. Didn't realise whats her face was close by. Nice photobomb Paula!

2016-05-15%2012.09.25.jpg

ha ha awesome photobomb!  That is a fantastic photo.  You just can't beat the clean lines of a 911.

That just gives you an idea of what Paula is like. A complete idiot! Never try to outdo her with sarcasm, as she is the master! I gave up

Best thing about today is that she's not too bothered with cars unless it's a Mustang or a tough V8 (she's a bogun basically), yet she loved the 911 and wants to go for a thrash in the hills next time. Dare say Roxy won't be joining us on that one

'They followed me home honey, honest!'

A knee jerk reaction, yet they were too cheap to pass up. And some RS door trims with pull strap opening.

Momo Corse seats with runners and used once Willans 5 point harness's. They were on my list of mods for the future, as was the half cage (we know who got that!) so I will try them out and see if theyre what I want to keep in the car. If I can ever remove the stock ones! Grrŕrrr

Also.  As much as I really like them, I've decided to sell the 17 inch wheels to replace with Fuchs satin finish RSR replicas. New front tyres last week (Khumo to match the rears) 225/45/ZR17 front and 235/45/17 rears with 50% tread. Had no dramas with grip yesterday with 'spirited' driving. Wheels need a tidy up, but no kerb rash. If anyone is interested, send me a pm or give me a call 0407 942 151. Will put up an ad soon

20160515_141333.jpg

Cheers mate. Not sure which wheels at the moment. Only started looking around today as to what's what and prices. Found a supplier on ebay, yet $2300 seems a bit steep, as I then have to think about tyres ontop. Prefer something used if I can find them

The seats would look great as you mentioned, though I still have to watch the budget, so I'd probably just dye the top wings black

I see you are still enjoying it with the WA plates on. Do you think you will have any problems taking it through Regency?

Sorry Jeff, I hadnt seen your post

SHOULD be ok mate, though Regency being Regency, it's a lottery. I have to get the paint sorted beforehand, though I do have Plan A before I have to take it there. I'll probably know tomorrow if that's possible

I can definitely see how these cars could get you in trouble reasonably easily if you're not paying attention, yet I do drive well within my limits...except for one over enthusiastic entry into a corner today ofcourse! Bike lines sometimes don't work in a car :-)

911 Mantra.

SLOW IN. FAST OUT.

Say it over and over as you go to sleep.

Thought I'd take the missus and her ladyship out for a quick blat today, and pulled into a park (saw a nice red targa and 997 and both waved!). The missus was off exploring with Roxy, so I did a self timed photo. Didn't realise whats her face was close by. Nice photobomb Paula!

2016-05-15%2012.09.25.jpg

what a great photo Lee. Really thrilled for you and so happy to see you enjoying the new car. Made me smile for the first time in a little while. Enjoy it and hope to see it in real life some time...

best wishes to you

chris

'They followed me home honey, honest!'

A knee jerk reaction, yet they were too cheap to pass up. And some RS door trims with pull strap opening.

Momo Corse seats with runners and used once Willans 5 point harness's. They were on my list of mods for the future, as was the half cage (we know who got that!) so I will try them out and see if theyre what I want to keep in the car. If I can ever remove the stock ones! Grrŕrrr

Also.  As much as I really like them, I've decided to sell the 17 inch wheels to replace with Fuchs satin finish RSR replicas. New front tyres last week (Khumo to match the rears) 225/45/ZR17 front and 235/45/17 rears with 50% tread. Had no dramas with grip yesterday with 'spirited' driving. Wheels need a tidy up, but no kerb rash. If anyone is interested, send me a pm or give me a call 0407 942 151. Will put up an ad soon

20160515_141333.jpg

Good pick up

I saw the ad on Gumtree and would have been all over it if I wasn't in the wrong state.

what a great photo Lee. Really thrilled for you and so happy to see you enjoying the new car. Made me smile for the first time in a little while. Enjoy it and hope to see it in real life some time...

best wishes to you

chris

Cheers Chris

Glad I could put a smile on ya dial. Or moreso Paula being a dick as is the norm with her ;-) (She was a 3rd or 4th year apprentice mechanic many moons ago too!)

+1

Good to see someone get back to the fundamentals and bring back some joy to the forum! 

Good stuff Lee!

Thanks mate. I dare say there will be a few more photo's of my adventures in the car in the future. Preferably without me in them :-)

Hahaha, this is great reading. At the end of our drive we were sitting in the front bar of the quaint but delightful Four Brothers Arms, when all of a sudden Lee did this kind of double take thing, threw his hands back, and said "I can't believe that's my car".  Classic.