Dr Colourchip stonechip repair system

Whytar

Folks, has anyone used this product on their cars to repair stonechips and other blemishes? I am very interested to hear whether the colour match is good (should be given the paint codes) and if the paint 'fills' the chips as it does in this clip...

I have just ordered a Carrera White kit and am waiting for it to arrive.

I will report back with results for those who are interested, but by all reports people are raving about this product.

Yeah I've used it on my Basalt Black 987...great colour match and easy to use, definitely better than the old brush and blob system.

Thanks Barks, that is exactly what I wanted to hear.   Especially for my Basalt Black Cayman

A lot of the companies that do these sort of things always only do it on light coloured cars, and are often a disappointment for dark cars.

Got some a few weeks ago for my Seal Grey Cayman. I was convinced after seeing it demo'd on Matt Moreman's stunning GT3. Plan to give it a go this weekend after Rennsport. 

and 10% off when you buy 2 or more kits………in the US

Matt sounds as fussy as my son ^_^ and I saw that discount being offered on the US site.  I wonder will they pass it on ?

Found this video for when there are lots of chips to repair.

Just did the price exercise

FROM USA:  2x kits with 10% discount + postage ($43 US) + exchange rate = $213 AUS

FROM AUS: 2X kits + postage ($10 AUS) = $215

Not worth the hassle, just buy local

Prices work out on 2 squirt and squeeze kits.  If you want 2 kits you would be better off buying 1x squirt and squeeze and 1x road rash kit

• 4 weeks later...

Got some a few weeks ago for my Seal Grey Cayman. I was convinced after seeing it demo'd on Matt Moreman's stunning GT3. Plan to give it a go this weekend after Rennsport. 

How did you go with the stone chip repairs on your car ,,,,keen to see some results and hear you thoughts ...............:D

This guy needs a therapist.

Matt Moreman is actually quite a cool dude. Have chatted with him a few times. He is 'very passionate, but also very knowledgeable...

Did actually get around to touching up my car. Had one chip in particular on the front. Dr Colorchip works really well. 2 or 3 applications required to fill in the chip, but the secret sauce is the way the sealact takes off all the excess to give you a very clean finish. Highly recommended.

I would recommend it, especially for black which tends to show up the undercoat. This system is the best I've used for 2 reasons. One - you order the paint in the correct code, so it's a perfect colour match. Second - it leaves no residual paint outside the chip, unlike other blob-on products of old... I really like it for more noticeable chips. I don't worry about the small stuff.

One tip for Dr Colourchip: The next time I use it I'm going to buy myself a small rubber squeegee to run the paint 'into' the chip. I think this will give a more consistent finish than using your finger. They can be bought on ebay for nicks.

I would recommend it, especially for black which tends to show up the undercoat. This system is the best I've used for 2 reasons. One - you order the paint in the correct code, so it's a perfect colour match. Second - it leaves no residual paint outside the chip, unlike other blob-on products of old... I really like it for more noticeable chips. I don't worry about the small stuff.

One tip for Dr Colourchip: The next time I use it I'm going to buy myself a small rubber squeegee to run the paint 'into' the chip. I think this will give a more consistent finish than using your finger. They can be bought on ebay for nicks.

When I got my kit it came with a rubber/silicon squeegee as well as the glove...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I might look into this system too but I have a great guy in Moorabbin (Anthony at Alchemy Car Repairs)  He does a wonderful job and for a reasonable price too.  I highly recommend him if you want all the chips fixed or any other little scratch or dent

• 3 months later...

Archived