Using NSW Historic Reg to drive to and from Rennsport

As the title says, I am driving my Historic reg 911 to Rennsport.   It will take me 4 days to get there, and another 5 days to get home.   Do I need to log each day as a separate day (I get 60 per year) or is this considered one "trip" to get to an official event (which do NOT count to the 60 days).

Has anyone asked RMS (or NSW Police) this question  ?

I don't want to use up 9 log book days when not required.

Is anyone really counting?

If it works like Shannon's Limited Use insurance, if there is any question on the actual number of days of use, they can track use by accessing all the safety and road cameras.

How they get permission to do this, I am unsure. Maybe get a court order to access the information citing suspected fraud.

Is anyone really counting?

Yes, they are.   I have been told that every car which passes by a Police car on the road has the number scanned and logged.   For no reason specifically.   But they do pull up that data should an incident arise.   

You get 12 club days and 1 maintenance day, 1 rego day as well as the 60 other days

Thanks - news to me.

Found this out yesterday Chris as i have been looking at it for mine.

I would think it would be best to put down every day, you can always check with the RMS or contact your club and double check.

Get your club to list Rennsport as an official club event, then you only need to log it in your club log book. This keeps your 60 days of private use separate.

I am surprised that any club involved with Porsche does not have Rennsport as a club event.

Dominic.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get this organised.  Days and km limits won't worry me as I only did 300km in the last 6 months in my 3.2!

Does anyone know the contact at Porsche Club NSW who does the historic registration for members?

TIA!

T T T !! You must have way too much money. 

Clubs plates are the only way to go. Such a good thing allowing heritage motoring to flourish instead of hidden away. 

Join the P club and register you 30 year old stead.  

Rarely will you drive it more than 60 times outside club events and general maintenance runs. 

T T T !! You must have way too much money. 

Clubs plates are the only way to go. Such a good thing allowing heritage motoring to flourish instead of hidden away. 

Join the P club and register you 30 year old stead.  

Rarely will you drive it more than 60 times outside club events and general maintenance runs. 

I'd have to give up P930...

yes. Was sad to lose 72Tee, and was wanting to put "BEETLE" on the 356, but alas I am stuck with horrible numbers and a letter in purple on white - in a size which is incompatible with any mount or bracket. 

But it is cheap

and your 400 a year better off right there. ?

Plus the rego savings.  There's a grand in the hand. 

AND that T is 6.5 nights out with the boys at last check. 

Wow, so much better than the Tas system! We pay half full rego (about $300) and then get 52 log booked days. 928 still on full rego as hassle to get rego checked again and already paid when I bought. Will see when due again. Insurance is already cheap due to limited use and age of car.

Archived