I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

What a 24hrs!

I think I just bought a LHD, undocumented, stone chipped, non original seat, old, 930 from a man who last had his hair cut in 79.

Magnus put one of his 930's up forsale yesterday (I am sure some of you are aware). Just had a good chat to the bearded gent and subject to PPI we just did a deal! Deposit transferred today. Still shaking a bit....

Holding onto the Silver one for now...

Fuck - did this really just happen???

Sorry - as you were (back to 'whats for sale in Australia')

Photo%20Oct%2031%208%2010%2026%20AM_zpsz

urban%2076-930_zpsyeqbmicg.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsuqo441gm.jpg

BACK%20IN%20BLACK%2076%20-930_zps66ezd1e

IMG_0617_zpscwtub4hl.jpg

76-930%20BLK%20BEAUTY_zps0yljqost.jpg

Edited by turboT

Whoa! Mr T, well done! What was the driver behind this purchase? You have been hesitant of anything other than Aus delivered yet now you have gone and bought a left hooker that is undocumented. 

Seems last week's meet and greet with the man has had  an affect on you!

Congrats though, I hope it all works out and we can bring a 930 back to Oz from the MW collection. 

Dirty US import. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, well done, its a great looking car. I am going to be in Los Angeles in a couple of weeks if you want a trusty set of eyes on it prior to shipping, I've got some hours to burn on my return through LA. I'd be happy to pay the bearded wonder a visit. :) 

Whoa! Mr T, well done! What was the driver behind this purchase? You have been hesitant of anything other than Aus delivered yet now you have gone and bought a left hooker that is undocumented. 

Seems last week's meet and greet with the man has had  an affect on you!

Congrats though, I hope it all works out and we can bring a 930 back to Oz from the MW collection. 

when it comes to the really rare cars i will lower myself to LHD ;) (at least its not converted!)

Its basically stock just with a few magnus mods and later seats. All the important bits are there.

I had no plans, but in november 2014 i just missed the last car he had for sale on ebay, and as soon as I saw this one i jumped. Had no expectation, but the dude just called me a few hours ago. thanks also goes to Grant at Autohaus for putting in a good word

as for documentation - no stamps in a book, but i got videos :)

http://youtu.be/Q9YcfnsZRhM  

Well that caught me by surprise! I thought you aid never to buy a non Oz car unless it is half the cost of an Oz car. Was it really that cheap!;)

Congrats on the purchase. Look forward to seeing it.

Hard to maneuver if everyone is looking in the same direction Simon ;) 

I guess a quick visit to LA is in order? Photographs and autographs and other types of graphs...

He's offered to pick me up from the airport and give me a bit of a tour and look around his 'SHED' at the collection.  Wouldn't mind taking it for a spin in the hills he regularly goes to aswell. Think I bought a whole lot more that a 930 today :) 

Congrats.

Cant wait for the avalanche of forum posts about the trip there, the tour around the shed, the drive around the streets, the drive in the hills, the cleaning, the transporter loading, the drop off at the port, the loading onto the ship, the tracking of the ship across the sea, the unloading at the dock, the transporter loading, the transported unloading, the autohaus assessment and subsequent work, the registration process, the first breakdown, the parking in the stacker, the recovery from the stacker after the first rainstorm....

Months of entertainment ahead!

Tom, I suspect your wife must think you're quite mad now and is plotting to have a herself made your power of attorney!:)

Nice score BTW!

she's actually a bit of a convert to the old p-cars. Way more interesting than super and says I smell like her grandfather after a drive (I had to check, but apparently that's a good thing). 

Good pickup! Now that you're famous , can you autograph my Land Rover? As Land Rover are now buying up all the old ones because they can make an easy profit , it might stand mine in good stead when I cash in my chips!

I just bought some Meguiar's shares. I believe you will be one of their best customers now :D