I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

LOL, it's probably for the best. I was only looking today at the photos I took of it outside the Ovolo just after you got it registered, it's fair to say the paint is a little more worn since then....

I haven't washed mine yet, but even under the thick layer of grime I can see the front bumper is now sans paint and the windscreen's rooted. I blame you and Nick on the way from the brewery to Bicheno, it was nothing to do with me trying to keep up :lol:

LOL, it's probably for the best. I was only looking today at the photos I took of it outside the Ovolo just after you got it registered, it's fair to say the paint is a little more worn since then....

I haven't washed mine yet, but even under the thick layer of grime I can see the front bumper is now sans paint and the windscreen's rooted. I blame you and Nick on the way from the brewery to Bicheno, it was nothing to do with me trying to keep up :lol:

the rear quarters are toasted. Windscreen is also battered. all fixable. Was fun though

• 2 months later...

OTLW update. Apart from the MW bit (about 3 years) I know nothing about the history of this car.  I have a Porsche certificate saying its all as delivered, but thats it. 

But I did have a few stickers on the car that hinted that a previous owner might have been a pilot. Through the power of instagram I finally tracked him down today.

Lt Col Darin Barrit was the last owner for about 5 years, and his cousin from 1985. I have naturally requested any old photos with F15's in the background, got google gave me this pic - Darin is second in the lead -  call sign 'Élvis'

080917-F-4603R-019_zpsrot2v570.jpg

OTLW update. Apart from the MW bit (about 3 years) I know nothing about the history of this car.  I have a Porsche certificate saying its all as delivered, but thats it. 

But I did have a few stickers on the car that hinted that a previous owner might have been a pilot. Through the power of instagram I finally tracked him down today.

Lt Col Darin Barrit was the last owner for about 5 years, and his cousin from 1985. I have naturally requested any old photos with F15's in the background, got google gave me this pic - Darin is second in the lead -  call sign 'Élvis'

that's certified BAD ASS provenance! ^^ 

That is very cool! 

My cars 2nd owner was a pilot.

Sadly I think he flew shuttle service from la to Las Vegas.  I guess your quality of pilot goes up with the number of hp your car came with ex factory.  Look for Cessna paraphernalia in the 912.

nonetheless Pilots make for good PO- they understand maintenance and spend time flying and not driving.

nonetheless Pilots make for good PO- they understand maintenance and spend time flying and not driving.

he did confirm the mileage which was good. 50,000 when he handed it over to magnus. Now just nudging 60,000 after tassie trip... I clearly need to get a plane

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...