I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

So my house has a deed too? i guess ANZ still has it then..I hope to one day see what it looks like.

Thanks for all the info.

Someone should make that post a sticky.

Yeah Mike and they useually charge you 300 odd smackers to find it for you :o But they should be able to print you a "Copy of Title" so you can have a look (back to outlaw stuff)

Edited by tomo
info

Now as we've got our own righ proper  Blk Beauty in our near  midst ...mr fish just don't seem to make sense. Any thoughts 

Part 1

• Farmer Grey – Beauty's first owner, a good kind man who trains him well.
  • Mr. Douglas Gordon (Squire Gordon) – A very kind and loving master who was also the squire. Lives in Birtwick Park. Has to sell Beauty and Ginger when he leaves the country because of his wife's illness.
  • Mr. John Manly – Black Beauty's groom at Squire Gordon's.
  • Mr. James Howard – John Manly's assistant at Squire Gordon's. He leaves to work as a coachman for Sir Clifford Williams.
  • Mr. Joseph Greene (Joe) – A kind boy who replaces James at Squire Gordon's hall. Beauty becomes seriously ill after little Joe gives Beauty a pail of cold water to drink and then assumes Beauty does not need a blanket, all after a long, exhausting gallop.
  • Bill — A boy who keeps thrashing and whipping a pony to attempt to make him jump a fence.
  • Mrs. Bushby — Bill's mother who is worried when she hears that he fell into a bush.

Part 2

• Earl of W – Purchases Beauty and Ginger from Squire Gordon. Lives in Earlshall Park.
  • Lady W – Wife of Lord W. Demands that Beauty and Ginger wear bearing reins to hold their heads up high. When York tries to comply with Lady W's order Ginger lashes out, kicking everything around her.
  • Mr York – Earl of W's coachman. He treats the horses kindly, but is scared to speak for the horses.
  • Reuben Smith – A first rate driver who can treat a horse as well as a farrier, due to spending two years with a veterinary surgeon, and being an ostler at an inn. Unfortunately he occasionally drinks heavily. Though York tries to hide this problem, the Earl finds out and fires Reuben. York later convinces the Earl to rehire him. After taking Colonel Blantyre to town Reuben gets drunk in the White Lion, then rides Beauty back to Earlshall Park. Due to a loose nail in Beauty's shoe, which Reuben was too drunk to care about, Beauty's shoe comes off. Reuben then makes Beauty gallop over sharp stones injuring Beauty's hoof and causing him to stumble. Beauty falls and scrapes his knees, while Reuben is flung off Beauty and dies from the impact.
  • Master of the livery stables – Buys Beauty and hires him out to people in Bath who wish to rent a horse. Some of the people who rent Beauty are good drivers, most are not.
  • Mr Barry – Buys Beauty from the livery stables after his friend rents Beauty several times, as his doctor advised him to get more horse exercise. He tries to treat horses well, but hires two bad grooms (a thief and a humbug) due to his lack of knowledge on horse care. Decides to sell Beauty at a horse fair.

Part 3

• Mr Jeremiah (Jerry) Barker – A kind owner and religious man who uses Beauty and Captain as cab horses. After Captain is injured he buys Hotspur to replace him. Refuses to work on Sunday or force his horses to go beyond a 'jog-trot' through London for customers with poor timekeeping. Though he will break these rules for a good cause. One New Year's Eve, Jerry is kept waiting in blizzard conditions by inconsiderate young men who stayed too long playing cards, contracts bronchitis, and nearly dies. Jerry's doctor tells him he must not return to cab work. Jerry takes a job with Mrs Fowler as her coachman.
  • Mrs Polly Barker – Wife of Jerry. Always waits up for her husband.
  • Mr Harry Barker – Son of Jerry. Helps his father look after the horses.
  • Miss Dorothy (Dolly) Barker – Daughter of Jerry. Often brings food to her father.
  • Mr (Grey / Governor) Grant – a respected and long serving cab driver. When Jerry is ill he takes out Hotspur and gives Jerry half the money he makes.

Part 4

• Corn dealer / baker  steven– Uses Beauty as a work horse. Works him fairly but due to the poor lighting in Beauty's stable Beauty nearly goes blind.
  • Foreman – Has Beauty overloaded so that fewer journeys are required to deliver goods.
  • Mr. Jakes – A carter who works for the baker. Dislikes overloading Beauty but cannot go against the foreman. Makes Beauty work with the bearing rein up until a lady shows him that Beauty would find it easier to pull the cart without the bearing rein.
  • Mr. Nicholas Skinner – A ruthless cab horse owner who charges a high fee for renting cab horses. As a result, the only way the drivers who rent his horse can make money is by overworking the horse, usually by whipping the horse to make it move even when tired. When Beauty collapses from overwork, Skinner plans to send Beauty to a knacker but a farrier convinces him to rest Beauty and sell him at a horse fair. Seedy Sam used to rent horses from him.
  • Willie — Grandson of Farmer Thoroughgood who wants to help Black Beauty when he comes to the market with his grandfather.
  • Farmer Thoroughgood – A kind owner who cares for Black Beauty when he is at his weakest.
  • The three ladies – Beauty's final home, where he spends the rest of his days very well treated. The ladies are Miss Blomefield, Miss Ellen, and Miss Lavinia and are most likely sisters.
  • Joseph (Joe) Greene – Coachman for the three ladies. Recognizes Beauty as the horse that used to belong to Squire Gordon.

Got rid of those trees yet?  You don't want that irreplaceable turbo getting squashed.  Taken in Paddington from what has been nowhere near the strongest storm in recent memory.

Ok that didn't work.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-04/sydney-and-nsw-coast-set-for-wild-weather-all-weekend/7476948

see the red Mazda and picture a black or silver 930.

then get out the chainsaw.

Got rid of those trees yet?  You don't want that irreplaceable turbo getting squashed.  Taken in Paddington from what has been nowhere near the strongest storm in recent memory.

Ok that didn't work.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-04/sydney-and-nsw-coast-set-for-wild-weather-all-weekend/7476948

see the red Mazda and picture a black or silver 930.

then get out the chainsaw.

just got back but that pic looks like my street...

stacker yet to be tested, but we've had leaks all through the house. Fucking builders!!

of course...

Yikes!

Someone didn't do their homework!

I have them at my place, though its a dodgy enclosed verandah built in the 80's with box guttering. I've been meaning to drill some 50mm holes and fit some normal guttering, as it always backwashes into our ceiling when it hammers with rain.  Nice coming home to the ceiling bulging with a few litres of water. Get me a bucket and the drill!!

We 'were' going to knock it down and start again 4 years ago, but I bought the 912, and I can't be arsed, so I'll just buy a few more buckets :-) 

I'd also be checking ALL of your down lights and electrical if I were you. Get the builder into your roof cavity asap mate

Ha I have a gable roof with no valleys and simple gutters, with no overhanging trees.  It survived the biblical rain in 2011 and 2012 with nary a drop inside.  Box gutters full of gumtree trash or hail are an invitation to turn your house into a water park.

Unless gutters have a serious fall on them , eventually they silt up with poo , algae and atmospheric grunge , and block your gutters regardless of the little roof you have so expensively provided. The Long Ladder is inevitably called for. Just don't leave it until you see flames on the horizon!