club permit registration

PeterP

Apparently around the uni's etc there are plenty of them on old units that technically qualify for the scheme but are certainly not in the spirit.

Which clubs are handing them out so willy nilly?

There should be more control over the legitimization of the issuing organisations.

There has, according to the A.O.M.C. rep in another club I belong to, been an online club that just issues stamps for I presume a fee. That has been stopped I believe but  the point is still there this kind of rubbish has to be pulled up otherwise the whole scheme could be put into jeopardy. 

Thanks for the comments Chris; but after investigation, Typ 901 appears exclusive to long bonnets :rolleyes:

Probably wouldn't have felt right there being the odd one out on a cruise, I can understand their decision.  Will keep researching

It is a fabulous licensing scheme - and it astounds me that NSW rejected it.  How dumb can we be?  I've my car on full rego and would struggle to drive it 45 days.  Full rego and insurance costs = about $1000.00, relate that to cost per outing. 

What are the guys in NSW thinking?  Are they thinking at all?

Luxury!  In QLD a 6 cylinder car is now pushing $900 in registration.  A V8 costs over $1000.  The whole thing is a strong argument for a 912 or 944.

sounds great, I wish Queensland would take up this system instead of the heavily regulated 'club permit' system where you either have to be on a club run or driving to or from a mechanic or other maintenance service

The QLD system is useless.  It should be (1) membership of a club (2) restricted number of days on the road in a year - 90 seems fair and I bet most people don't get close to that in real use.

Stopping the rorters is important but as long as it isn't widespread you just have to accept this type of thing as friction in the system.  What is important is that legitimate enthusiasts speak out about it whenever they see it.

A complete overhaul of the vehicle import restrictions is in order as well - seeing as there is no longer any local motor industry to 'protect'.   I doubt there will be any action on that - as soon as you mention it, the old ladies in the media class going into a meltdown clutching their pearls and fretting about the scourge of affordable grey imports on the roads.  We as a population seem to love being 'saved' by our governments from the scourge of lower prices. 

• 8 months later...

Changed over to club reg today, surprise surprise they had run out of plates with a massive rush this week before the rule changes on Feb 1st...where u need to present a RWC...now I can't drive my car until my plates come in th mail

Guys another HUGE bonus i found is when you purchase a car and place it on club plates you don't pay the transfer stamp duty,

I calculated around $2500 transfer fee a few years ago when i went to transfer my SC over to my name only  to be told i was up for about $138 then, BARGAIN!

Club plates definitely look like providing some savings, great to see Vic has made a good decision for enthusiasts.

I had heard some conflicting comments re potential clubs and the way they are run.  Will probably head down the PCV track, apparently they have a points system in place.  Not sure if this is for competitions or across the board to satisfy membership?

Now to find a trustworthy centre in Melbourne's S/E I can get the roadworthy done at, any suggestions?

PIARC - Phillip Island Auto Racing Club

• 3 weeks later...

Guys another HUGE bonus i found is when you purchase a car and place it on club plates you don't pay the transfer stamp duty,

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case in Qld. I'm about to register another car this week and the stamp duty is 3.5%. Thieves. 

Archived