LA trip - Outlaw city

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool trip

I was back at the Petersen about six weeks ago. It was good before - but the new museum is fantastic and an absolute must do for any car enthusiast. 

Check out the Edison - very cool bar in down town LA  http://www.edisondowntown.com/mobile/

You would need to book but if you get time head out to Nobu in Malibu, it's the original and by far the best. 

I will be back in LA on Sunday so we will probably pass on the freeway.

Have a safe trip - don't underestimate the roads through the hills and the assholes that drive them, especially the lunatics on jap bikes. Having lived in LA before I can tell you those roads are alluring but bloody dangerous, amazing just how many cars get wrecked. Goes without saying - don't stare at anyone when you're at the lights - it can be fatal in the USA :ph34r:

Look after yourself

Dave 

Dave,

I am in LA Monday arvo with a few hours to fill if you are in town still mate, I am not outlaw enough for Tom now so he's got a new mate to hang with. :P 

Outlaw class...

see you in 14 BBC ;) 

DE240BF0-9DA0-494F-9A1E-A20A779E52D4_zps

Try a B 777 flight for Outlaw class next time, I wasn't overly thrilled with A 380 last time.. 

Tom take the time to drive one of the 914's 

Tom, maybe a single purchase might entitle you to a test drive in a handful of cars. 

a really cool collection of cars he has. Most are really early examples of their kind and aside from the 964 he has just built they all show signs of a well driven life - dents, scratches etc etc. Most of them just sit though as he's travelling so much. Nothing more for sale....yet ;) 

we had an hour cruising the hills of LA - thats me trying to go as fast as I could whilst driving a 3.0l LHD car for the first time with worn semi slicks on it. That was enough for me. Hadn't slept in 36 hrs and was buggered. 

Arranging to pick up the car early Saturday morning and drive out to the Steve McQueen show and hopefully enter the car. Will allow me to have a few more hours driving time and get some on the Rd shots. 914's are cool!

Archived