Touring Car Masters

LeeM

What's a C31?

Its a Porsche code for a C3 thats been well massaged and messed with.

Could also be that my shift key went AWOL when I was looking to do a "!" ... And my eyes being shite, it looked right.  See what I did there with the whole rhyming thing ...?

If you're going the luxo Aircon approach , might as well stick a radio in there!

http://caraudioadvice.com/lightweight-track-car-sound-system/

That does look very good.

Got a better idea. You keep the C31 and move the completed carbon beauty to my garage when its finished.

That can happen - for the right reasons ....

Now, back to the IROC.

Gearbox off to Modena (who built it) for a precautionary check.

We're also building the rear engine mount (the cradle across the back of the car) from aluminum and drilling holes in it.  Needs to strong enough to hold things in place but will bend so that it doesn't tear the mounting point off the case as it did this time.  As it is, we're having to weld some gussets around that point to fix it.

Whilst I lost a rear left wheel as it tore the centre out of it, the good news is because it did that, the drive shaft didn't get pushed into the gearbox nor did the trailing arm cop any damage (as the car started life as a 86 Carrera 3.2 wide body, it has turbo arms as standard).  They're big money to buy - if you can find them.  DS rear 1/4 being made on the weekend.

Looks like its 50/50 for QR at the end of July but we have one that we've just finished building so I'll probably be in that.

Its a Porsche code for a C3 thats been well massaged and messed with.

Could also be that my shift key went AWOL when I was looking to do a "!" ... And my eyes being shite, it looked right.  See what I did there with the whole rhyming thing ...?

That's what I thought you meant Mr McGoo

C3, give me the key. It's contagious 

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1581_zpseysqd3py.jpg.html]IMG_1581_zpseysqd3py.jpg

Making the mould from our 75 Turbo project car ...

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1582_zpsr7g9zjwp.jpg.html]IMG_1582_zpsr7g9zjwp.jpg

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1585_zps9v8xn4tn.jpg.html]IMG_1585_zps9v8xn4tn.jpg

The final product - the rear guard will be made this weekend.

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1588_zpsnnurf4xk.jpg.html]IMG_1588_zpsnnurf4xk.jpg

Also, have had another "brainwave".

The 77 C3.  Started like as a LHD sporto and is now a converted car with 915.

SC/RS "reimagined" anyone?  Full carbon as planned but using current 3.2 short stroke thats in it with the slide injection and other listed goodies.  It already has the correct 78 Turbo brakes and everything.

Just have to persuade my mate at Skunkwerks that I should be permitted to sacrifice it.  Its the sort of relationship we have ... he has my best interests at heart.  

Feedback?

I thought you were talking in another language for a moment and I think your getting your P cars and your Pwords confused  -  Proceed  .. the words Persuade and Permission  .. are being correctly used .  My mastery of english, grammar and spelling isn't is that ain't that good , maybe I should call upon @tazzieman.

But I'm pretty sure will say it again  with and even louder and inappropriate use of capital letters the P word is PROCEED!!

I'm in the preserve camp and leave the C3 alone. P L E A S E ! !

Surely you can source another, more suitable donor? Especially how well connected you and your SkunkWerks associate are.

PKay come on where is your sense of adventure

PKay come on where is your sense of adventure

My friend, if that 70T keeps going down in price, I might just have to go rescue that as well!!

Is that enough adventure for you? Tally Ho !!

Seriously though, to sacrifice a C3?!

I say do what you like.  It's already a bitsa (a lovely one by the sounds of things) and personally I do not see much special about the c3.o apart from they're rare.  But so is getting run over by a bus.

IMHO car ownership should be about driving and what you're proposing to build would be an awesome drive.  Not to mention throwing off the conservative shackles of Porsche ownership rules that bore that pants off me.

Given you can, go ahead and make something beautiful and unique.

Edited by Pork Chops
their they're error

The votes are in.

Its happening!

New thread starting in 3 weeks. 

Apolgies PKay. Your intentions are noble. 

Im just an inveterate modifier ...

is this instead of or in addition to the crashed race car?

i have a foot in both camps here, I liked it as it was, but, if I had the dough & connections well, because it's not a pure breed I would have liked to do some sort of hot rod idea. The engine in my ltd opinion is a cracker as is.

Will be interesting to follow. Hope you give it a mad colour, forget white!

The votes are in.

Its happening!

New thread starting in 3 weeks. 

Apolgies PKay. Your intentions are noble. 

Im just an inveterate modifier ...

Just would have preferred a more suitable candidate (In my mind) Go forth and modify my good man :) 

• 3 months later...