Touring Car Masters

LeeM

Sven, tough way to get those carbon fibre panels you know you always wanted!!! ?

Glad to hear everyone was ok and you certainly built a nice tough car there.  Look forward to seeing you and the car back on the black stuff soon and a few build shots along the way

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1134_zpsc2r3hi9c.jpg.html]IMG_1134_zpsc2r3hi9c.jpg

Mould for front bar ready to receive the carbon sheets ...

Left rear quarter being built this weekend and mould for right rear quarter being built this weekend also.

Soooooo tempted to do the front guards and bonnet now too! Will leave doors metal for safety.

The roof has a slight paint imperfection.  It may need to become carbon as well ????

The body works and I are now hatching a plan to build a 3.0 RS rep with every panel in carbon based on my already hot rodded C3 ... I know I shouldn't but ...

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1135_zpso7eoqm17.jpg.html]IMG_1135_zpso7eoqm17.jpg

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1136_zpsokh97ts3.jpg.html]IMG_1136_zpsokh97ts3.jpg

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1137_zpsasknsjqu.jpg.html]IMG_1137_zpsasknsjqu.jpg

Rear !/4 under construction.  Will be released from the mould tomorrow. 

Front and rear bars are now done.

Engne being done this week.  The aim is to test on the Friday before the week of QR. 

Current estimates are for a weight saving of around 60kg at the back of the car.  Sweet.

Going to run it in full cheater spec in practice at QR.  No lead, minimal fuel and the 8200 MSD chip.  Glory days ....

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1143_zpsrlbfxc6k.jpg.html]IMG_1143_zpsrlbfxc6k.jpg

%5BURL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rscs911/media/IMG_1143_zpsrlbfxc6k.jpg.html]IMG_1143_zpsrlbfxc6k.jpg

Left side done.

1.9 kg ....

The line is a join line. The mound was so big it was built in 2 parts so the line has some filler in it.

The  next iteration will be one mould.  I'm thinking we might go clear over raw carbon on the project.

At the moment it's a toss up between 3.0 RS and 2.8 RS is full carbon. 

Choices choices ....

It's Sunday night, I'm BBQ'ing, 2 vodka and tonics in, wife reclining in bed and kids in front of TV.  Perfect time to plan shit. 

Sorry to see the unfortunate incident. Great to see it getting brought back better than ever so quickly. As a certified carbon whore, can you reveal who is helping you with all these light sexy bits ? 

Thanks.

I can reveal ...

Its Skunkwerks who do all my stuff.  They dont have a phone number or web site.  PM me if you want contact details.

Over the weekend, we settled on the broad spec of the new project which will be done by Werks Garage and Skunkwerks.

2.8 RSR (ish). I know, I know, its been done but not like this ...

All external panels in carbon including roof.  Leaving door inners steel including intrusion bar.  Target weight 800kg.  Bonnet will stay "raw" as will the roof. Color likely to be Steve McQueen grey.

Mag case 7R 2.8 RSR engine.  GT3 crank. GT3 oil pump.  We have the right RSR pistons, cylinders,  heads, pump, slide injection, long red inlet tubes, cams etc.  Headers will be staged tube 3 into 1 with 2 in 3 out (will cap off the Silly Loud twin rears out of respect for road use)

915 box - already build using IROC spec ratio's and able to cope with 365 hp.  Not sure what the 2.8 will put out but I think a safe, torquey 340 is achieveable. 

LED Lights

Electric power steering

Electric AC

Big Reds on the front with floating hub Brembo rotors (which fit under 15" wheels") Boxster rears.

15 x 8 fronts, 15 x 11 rears.  Will probably be going Braid but looking around at options

Hoosier tyres (if its good enough for MW, it'll do us)

Coil overs front and rear

Blade adjustable front and rear sway bars.  Why? Because we can

Full leather interior with heated seats, full carpet.

No radio.

Will be moving my slightly hot C3 as part of the process but not until I get it back from the Skunkwerks guys after its full paint and enjoy it for a while.

Edited by Skidmarks

I also suggest a full dedicated build thread for this beast. It sounds awesome. In particular, I am keen to see how this engine comes together, as it will be very similar to mine.

I am not sure if you are interested, but Neil at Performance developments is designing new, modern, short skirt, short ring, 92mm pistons for my engine, which will be making available to all who want them. Less friction, and lighter rotating mass, at roughly the same cost as RSR pistons...

Also, where are the videos???? ;) 

Apologies, but I must insist that you HAVE to start a build thread when that starts @Skidmarks There will be many onlookers indeed - me included!

Absolutely.  I spoke with the guys at Werks Garage and Skunk today and told them we're doing a hamburger with the lot build and its being documented from donor shell to road.

I have located a very nice local 76 shell that will be the base for it.

Hugh, have thought carbon doors also but might stop at the skins.  Internal door card could be carbon.

Vid coming of the race but the GoPro ran out of juice before the start of the race/prang.

Edited by Skidmarks

Absolutely.  I spoke with the guys at Werks Garage and Skunk today and told them we're doing a hamburger with the lot build and its being documented from donor shell to road.

I have located a very nice local 76 shell that will be the base for it.

Hugh, have thought carbon doors also but might stop at the skins.  Internal door card could be carbon.

Hamburger with the lot... awesome!!! 

Looking forward to watching the build, more excited about seeing it out on the road when you get her finished