Touring Car Masters

LeeM

Shocking form for the broadcast cutting off the touring car masters midrace for an ad break.  Plenty of time for useless waffle but cut out the  actual racing?

Which is why I have Foxtel for motorsport. They're still playing ads like the F1 telecast (tv contract requirements), but with picture in picture that Channel 10 don't provide

Which is why I have Foxtel for motorsport. They're still playing ads like the F1 telecast (tv contract requirements), but with picture in picture that Channel 10 don't provide

That is always the case on the free to air stations ,the broad cast is full of sponsors adverts ,,they either put and add break half way through the race or the muppets in the commentary  box waffle on about crap and or the sponsors when you want to see one of the support events like the touring car masters or Porsche Cup,,,I understand these events would not take place with out the sponsors support ,,,,but geez the timing of adverts is bad sometimes 

Edited by Raven

Will there be any Porsches to cheer tomorrow? Skidmarks seems a DNS for the weekend and I only glimpsed the purple car very briefly and smoking. Is there anyone else entered?

Stan “the man’ Adler.

A legend. 

70+ yo and still fast. 

Rohan had engine issues and I, well, just had issues ...

basically cuts the sound and excitement out of the race. Who the Fuch is interested in ads? Seriously ?

Why not show them in between races? I know I know...

Better off watching youtube replays.

Who the Fuch is interested in ads? Seriously ?

How else am I going to know Aldi has toilet rolls on special, or when the next cooking show is on channel 10? 

Only time it happens is when the big Aussie races are on, yet channels like Discovery and Nat Geo are nearly as bad with ads as free to air tv

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2017 at 11:00 AM, LeeM said:

How else am I going to know Aldi has toilet rolls on special, or when the next cooking show is on channel 10? 

Only time it happens is when the big Aussie races are on, yet channels like Discovery and Nat Geo are nearly as bad with ads as free to air tv

Why cant Aldi just sponsor a front running car... in fact, why do I have to watch ads when literally every single second of a televised motorsport event shows a car, track, drivers and crew covered in ads... 

• 1 year later...

Against mostly 600hp V8's, it was great to watch @Skidmarks going at it hammer n tongs at Winton yesterday during the Supertaxi's TCR support races. 4th in wet/dry conditions from around 15th-17th on the grid in the first race, and some great footage for a couple of laps ending up with a 10th in the dry harassing a V8 Falcon. Even steps it off the track, corrected and back on like nothing had happened! Highly entertaining. Ya just need another 200 hp Sven! Great job 👏👏👏

• 1 month later...
On 26/05/2019 at 07:24, LeeM said:

Against mostly 600hp V8's, it was great to watch @Skidmarks going at it hammer n tongs at Winton yesterday during the Supertaxi's TCR support races. 4th in wet/dry conditions from around 15th-17th on the grid in the first race, and some great footage for a couple of laps ending up with a 10th in the dry harassing a V8 Falcon. Even steps it off the track, corrected and back on like nothing had happened! Highly entertaining. Ya just need another 200 hp Sven! Great job 👏👏👏

Thanks Lee.

Im at Ipswich this weekend.  

Tuned the car to the new 102 octane fuel and found another 10KW and a nice load of torque.  Good one!

I’ll get munched off the line as usual but looking forward to the track.  Had some nice results there in the past and it’s a whole lot more technical than it looks. 

Aaah the paperclip! I raced there three times on big bikes @Skidmarks

As you say, it's technical and hard to get right until you've cracked the code (which I never quite did doing constant low 12's). I used to love spinning it up out of turn 3 and the last one. Great track and underrated. Have fun and good luck 👍