Show us your front engined Pcar beauty, it must be something you own or owned.

TINGY

Hey Jason

I must confess that when I started thinking about a 928 I wasn't that passionate about the car but I wanted a daily driver that was a bit different and fun to drive. I didnt want to be stuck in a commodore or a kia god forbid. I really wanted a 5 speed but could not find anything decent so I settled for the 4 speed auto. I am a 911 owner and didnt really think I would get as attached to a 928 as I have. After driving the car for 6 months I just love it, the handling is unreal, the 310 hp is great and I have to say i'm now pretty happy that I got the auto as it suits what I use the car for, I think the manual would be a handful for city driving. On the fuel economy im not sure of the numbers as i have never checked but if its a concern I would probably go for one of the smaller cars. Mine is the 4.7 euro engine that has the twin dizzies, high lift cams and higher compression I think, so this may make it more uneconomical but im not really sure.

I actually like the car so much i am thinking of going to a S4

Hey Jason

I must confess that when I started thinking about a 928 I wasn't that passionate about the car but I wanted a daily driver that was a bit different and fun to drive. I didnt want to be stuck in a commodore or a kia god forbid. I really wanted a 5 speed but could not find anything decent so I settled for the 4 speed auto. I am a 911 owner and didnt really think I would get as attached to a 928 as I have. After driving the car for 6 months I just love it, the handling is unreal, the 310 hp is great and I have to say i'm now pretty happy that I got the auto as it suits what I use the car for, I think the manual would be a handful for city driving. On the fuel economy im not sure of the numbers as i have never checked but if its a concern I would probably go for one of the smaller cars. Mine is the 4.7 euro engine that has the twin dizzies, high lift cams and higher compression I think, so this may make it more uneconomical but im not really sure.

Paul, sounds like we have similar tastes with a 3.2 Carrera and 928. Funny, just yesterday afternoon I was driving my S4 928 with a huge smile on my face and a question came to mind - if I had two give back either the 3.2 or the 928 which would it be. I know the answer but the S4 is just growing on me so much it would be very hard to give back!!

Hey Jason

I think 84 was the last model before they started to "modify" it for our fuel... ie lower compression etc... so it would go quite nicely. 10hp more than mine but I doubt yuo would really notice it? 4 speed auto would be nice over the 3 speed and I think it has a taller diff ratio when they went to 4 speed.

IMG_1137_zpsdqfk2omw.jpg  

My Shark resto-project on its way from Albury NSW to new home in Adelaide approx 6 weeks ago. 79 manual sunroof delete. Off to get head gaskets, belts cooling system done shortly. Pasha re-trim and no doubt a few electrical gremlins sorted then enjoy. The paint suspension brakes etc are are actually quite good. 

IMG_1137_zpsdqfk2omw.jpg  

My Shark resto-project on its way from Albury NSW to new home in Adelaide approx 6 weeks ago. 79 manual sunroof delete. Off to get head gaskets, belts cooling system done shortly. Pasha re-trim and no doubt a few electrical gremlins sorted then enjoy. The paint suspension brakes etc are are actually quite good. 

congrats ADS911.  I love that blue, what blue is it, Minerva?   

How did you come across that one, as I can't remember it being advertised publicly?

Hey Paul,

if the 928 is your daily, how do you find the fuel economy?  I am considering getting something front engined as a daily 944/968/928.  I just love the later, autio 928s but am a bit put off by the 'big' V8 for my drive through Brisbane peak hour.  Need some direct owner feedback please.  I am swinging toward the 968 but only due to engine size.  Nothing beat the 928 for looks in a front engined car.

if your ever up on the coast your welcome to take it around the block

Also here is my 924 Turbo, Aussie 1979 plated car, sunroof delete. Dude in pic is not me, but the lovely owner that stored it for 10+ years in a barn. Originally delivered to Tassie according to the books.....this car does need a little lovin though, and I'm well underway with that plan :D

08885A3E-BAAA-41C5-ACD0-A8F269CB09E4.jpg

congrats ADS911.  I love that blue, what blue is it, Minerva?   

How did you come across that one, as I can't remember it being advertised publicly?

Thanks, I am yet to find the colour, colour code missing from car have emailed Porsche with VIN to see what I can find. Is like Minerva but is metallic and I'm not sure Minerva came in Metallic? 

The car was on car sales and mentioned on PFA, I loved the colour, wanted manual so took a risk and jumped quickly. Wasn't a lot of money but sure it will owe once completed.

My 928s4 manual, factory options include Sport suspension, 40/60 Differential, Sport seats...and 5 speed manual, was ordered and delivered a few months before Porsche released the manual only 928 GT

That is a stunning car!

Also here is my 924 Turbo, Aussie 1979 plated car, sunroof delete. Dude in pic is not me, but the lovely owner that stored it for 10+ years in a barn. Originally delivered to Tassie according to the books.....this car does need a little lovin though, and I'm well underway with that plan :D

08885A3E-BAAA-41C5-ACD0-A8F269CB09E4.jpg

would love to see more of your 924t. mine looks to be the same colour and also needs a little love.  

You are just teasing us now Robert!! Is that your 924 Turbo with a Carrera GT body kit?

Not mine, just having some sleep overs, its a real one ? I was supposed to race it at Wakefield on that big stormy weekend, but I refused to take it off the trailer...it's a national treasure!!

Soon though 

Edited by Robert930