Show us your front engined Pcar beauty, it must be something you own or owned.

TINGY

The silver one looks the goods !!

Do you have any pics of the engine bay, I understand the early Turbos had no side indicators, so I assume yours is a 79 tag, 80 delivery?

Has it been painted? Looks in great nic !

This is an old pic of the engine bay.  A previous owner added a front mount intercooler.  I've since added a 944 coolant tank since the old one was pretty rough.

14654728769_e11c7d5706_z.jpg

It's a UK delivered 1980 model.  I bought it as a non-runner because the symptoms in the ad seemed to me like a vacuum leak in the CIS system.  When I threw new belts, vacuum hoses and fluids at it, it ran fine.

Edited by MackTheKnife

Stephen,

What do you use on your engine bits to get them that lovely satiny black?

Pete most of it is just maintaining what is already there but you know the el cheapo tyre shine in the blue can, Australian export or something, that's what I use on a lot of stuff.

But in this instance it was just a wipe over with some Auto Glym that was left on a rag after cleaning the interior.

Holy shit, that car is immaculate! How many km's on it? Almost looks like it's come straight from the showroom floor!

Thanks Timm it's done 86500 odd now, I've done over 2000km since I got it, can't stop driving it, if I'm off somewhere over 40 kms I'll take it for a run, love being in it.

When you see the interior it's hard to believe it's 27 yrs old.

Come on Rickie where's your pics we're still waiting.

After seeing your pic's, I've got some detailing to do. I was going to wait till I had the wheels on, should get the spacers I need on Tuesday. Was going to take a drive up to light house beach for a quick photo shoot this week.

I will bring he out for a few pic's today & post them.  

• 3 weeks later...

I had my old engine bay shot earlier.  Here is a more up to date one:

28185342733_d4dc456826_z.jpg

I was planning to sell it, but the more I work on it and give it the odd very short road test, the more I want to keep it.

The next plan is to finish off the last few globes, fit a new handbrake handle and get rego on her.

28719729501_91cc9a2ba5_z.jpg

28719730091_4a88b48970_z.jpg

Come on Stephen, take it out of the garage :P

Looking sweet.....

I have, did the Autohaus run on Sunday and added some patina (stone chips) from some slow 911's, not happy.:(

Now see, looking at your engine bay before got me into all kinds of trouble, Hope you are going to the next Cars & Coffee on the central coast & I can see it in person. 

Now i would have told you not to do that, maybe, i'll see, I would like to see some more P'nuts there. Let me know what your plans are and maybe we could organise a breakfast with a few folks.

I have, did the Autohaus run on Sunday and added some patina (stone chips) from some slow 911's, not happy.:(

Now i would have told you not to do that, maybe, i'll see, I would like to see some more P'nuts there. Let me know what your plans are and maybe we could organise a breakfast with a few folks.

Corki is working on something, I am going to come down on the Saturday afternoon, 27th. I don't know where I am going to stay yet, Corki is talking about a group drive down from NC on the Sunday morning, & if that's the case I will stay around NC somewhere, if not I was going to stay down somewhere close to the CC event. Then head home sunday afternoon sometime.    

• 2 weeks later...