Definitive steering wheel thread

michel

there are many who debate the merits of stacked or non stacked MOMO logos, those who only leave home with a dab of ole spice and a les leston gripped in their manicured hands ... What do you grab hold of and twirl, or so wished? Handles, knobs and wheels are things we touch, hold and as such covet.

What are the rarities, what are the oddities, what's cool and beautiful-ugly. What you got mounted and what are you wanting to mount?  Whilst I'm expecting mostly P car paraphernalia, I'm knowing some of you either do, want, or aim to get another drive so don't hold back. Even if it ain't yours, list it here if it's a thing of beauty and craft.

curious also who on PFA is a wheel anorak

kick starter

image.jpg1_17.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine.  It's a MoMo Ghibli 3 given to me by my lovely wife for Christmas 1988 (!).  It's been on (in order) Honda Accord, Peugeot 405Mi16, Porsche 944 NA, Porsche 964.  It was sold with the 964 to my good friend Sheldon, who kindly forced me to take it back when he learned of its history.  (Thanks again Sheldon!)  It now resides in my 1990 944T (952) and still shows minimal signs of wear, just a nice patina.

IMG_20160613_090524.jpg

I don't have photos to hand and the car's in storage at NineAuto at the moment, but I've gone away from the Momo's and fitted my MotaLita 3 spoke, black leather rim in 350mm diameter. I like the contrast to be honest, black leather with polished alloy spokes.

We have the same style on the wife's Spitfire, albeit smaller diameter. Had both the wheels for years, although mine hadn't been used much. The chap who owns MotaLita made a boss up for me last year for it to go on the 911, but it still needed a spacer on the back for the horn ring.

Im back after beating myself up with a Gear Stick…. Drove myself round the bend with my steering wheel.. I take it everywhere its my inspiration

So wheely folks I gotta tell ya some wisdom , you only need one other steering wheel other than the one on your car.

You can take it on holiday , hide it under your pillow when you feeling lonely and it will always be with you when that moment of motoring envy comes up and you can improvise

Take it from a master..PS Coaching session on how to drive your life avalable in person or via skype 

IMG_2930_zpsmjbbiq4t.jpg

My Dads Motolita wheel he had in an early sliding window 1275 Cooper S and others. I also had it on a AH Sprite (screw on side screens, but not Frog Eye model)

I was thinking of putting it in the 911 along with a timber gear knob.

a>310313_0079_zpsggqdqjhq.jpg

Archived