Definitive steering wheel thread

michel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying you are wrong but Peters was one of the signatures that I studied and dismissed.

#Edit, now that I visit the Facebook page the evidence is overwhelming.

I guess that means I won't be stumping up the cash to recover mine;)

1000 Peter Wherrett Sigmas were slated to be built, I wonder how many actually were built?  There can't be 1000 of these steering wheels about, surely.

I reckon, 9er, hang onto it, it's an interesting piece of Aussie history.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 12:27 PM, Alex69T said:

...getting back on track, here's a Momo Clay Regazzoni signature wheel.  Very similar to a Prototipo but a slightly different shape around the hub section.

eJYB2Ie.jpg

I like this A LOT!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

I stumbled upon this thread looking for steering wheels. I'm a bit of a fan - especially period momo's. I'm restoring a number of momo wheels, a bmw alpina wheel, and an italvolanti. While I prefer patina, I usually buy wheels that were heavily neglected and have shot leather. I like the signature wheel but only have two (this one and a Clay...)

I picked up this oddball Jackie Stewart wheel this year. Has anyone seen one before? It's definitely a second generation wheel, but from the mid 70's. It has no date stamp but the log isn't stacked so it puts it around that range. It's interesting because it's the same blank as a Clay Regazzoni wheel, but without the holes. It is actaully an exact mach to a Prototipo S, with the little screw holes and all. No 'S' stamping obviously.

Anyway, check this out! I bought the Jackie button from the UK. It was very pricey but oh so pretty!

55F1475B-07FB-465A-9461-35A1BC54DA58.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:43, Alex69T said:

These are my Momo Prototipo wheels.

The ones on the left are 350mm Clay Regazzoni signature wheels, on the right are "normal" Prototipos, but in 370mm. The 370mm wheels give a better view of the speedo; especially handy in Victoria, the nanny state.

Prototipos.jpg

I noticed your 370 Prototipo come up on eBay this morning, very nice  @Alex69T

• 5 months later...

Archived