Definitive steering wheel thread

michel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mr Universe left his weights in your Garden Taz. Love the honesty of a Landi Speedo to ;) 

Those are my kids' weights

The Landy cruises at legal highway speeds, even without overdrive. And downhill , anything's possible but the aerodynamics hold him back a touch.

Lift off oversteer is impossible (certain laws of physics) plus he has no accident damage. I work on the 1940s principle that the other car is the crumple zone.

Very collectable , esp Series 1. 

OK so this one is not in good condition as it's my spare, but the wheel from the Nissan R32 GTR is the best I've ever used and is a beautiful sculpture in 3D and in the hand. Perfect design, perfect rim width and suits the car perfectly.  I've considered framing this and putting it up in my future domestic male enclave.

8C4FD84C-E3BB-4FEE-A99D-0B94392253B3_zps

Couple of Momo's up top, and a 914 wheel that was supposed to fit both a 912 and a 911. No chance, so that will probably just hang on the wall, unless I have a go at removing the standard boss, and drill it to suit the Momo. Heard its been done before

20160615_143322.jpg

...a 914 wheel that was supposed to fit both a 912 and a 911. No chance...

Lee, what's the part number on the 914 wheel that doesn't fit a 911/912?

I remember reading if it ends with "10" it should bolt straight on, if it ends with "09" modification is required.

09 I think mate. I looked into that recently.

Too late now, as it will be modified to suit a Momo boss soon. A mate and I have already removed the standard boss.  Coincidently, the standard holes actually line up perfectly with the Momo

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of a certain South Park episode with Mr Garrison and his single wheel invention!

I'm not posting it here, as it probably contravenes ethical PFA standards, and neither should anyone! 

Archived