Definitive steering wheel thread

michel

I was wondering what brand that was... Thanks. I love that style. Here's the one that captured my eye but I didn't know the name. 

Does anyone know if you can buy here in oz?

image_zpsghvkpdu6.png

I reckon you are in luck with the Moto Lita style wheel, you can have black spoke or brushed or polished, dished or flat and also 13/14/15" diameter.

Cost is about $350 landed from the UK

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What!! That would be my number 1 choice....!! Yeah seen plenty on ebay, thought I would try here as well.

Hmmm, let me ponder that one, do you have the horn as well? What diameter is it? Looking for 350 or 360mm.

Cheers

Yep.  Got a Porsche crested horn and it's 350mm.

I was wondering what brand that was... Thanks. I love that style. Here's the one that captured my eye but I didn't know the name. 

Does anyone know if you can buy here in oz?

image_zpsghvkpdu6.pngThere

There's a photo on page 1 of my Motalita, I'd suggest just ordering direct. They're still handmade and the owner will make up a boss for you in whatever format you want, mine has the Porsche crest in the horn button.

Healey Factory do have the wheels from time to time but they're unlikely to have the boss as well.

r

Thanks Mike-s.... Found it. For anyone interested, it's at:  www.moto-lita.co.uk.

just a matter of selecting the right boss, horn cap, etc... 

?

I just emailed them direct, the owner replied almost straight away. They didn't have a boss listed for an 87 911, so he asked for a photo and diagram of the measurements, compared them to the ones he does have and sent one that would do the trick. I had to remove the indicator cancelling ring from the original boss and screw it onto the back of the Motalita one, works perfectly, all the screw holes were already tapped into it. Beautifully machined boss, clearly not mass produced.

I've decided to bite the bullet... Ordered a moto lita wheel this week. Will  put up a pic - before & after.

oh... And once the new wheel arrives I will have 2 x momos to sell - will put up pics if anyone here interested, otherwise next stop,  fleabay here I come!

There's a photo on page 1 of my Motalita, I'd suggest just ordering direct. They're still handmade and the owner will make up a boss for you in whatever format you want, mine has the Porsche crest in the horn button.

Healey Factory do have the wheels from time to time but they're unlikely to have the boss as well.

r

sorry mike but I didn't see ur wheel on pg1 until now, the pages weren't displaying on my stupid old iPad. . Just saw it now as you said. Yes!! That's the one I've ordered! Same! 

oh... And once the new wheel arrives I will have 2 x momos to sell - will put up pics if anyone here interested, otherwise next stop,  fleabay here I come!

Let me know what you have I am also interested.

As requested...will soon be selling the following wheels once I get my new ordered moto-lita wheel... just like mike! (sorry mate, can't help it if we both have good taste)

Momo #1 - wheel was on the car when I bought it a month ago. But now its off and has a boss kit attached ready for p-car attachment. the suede is a bit faded. Its 360mm.

image_zpsopbvg43o.png

Momo #2 - Race. Currently on the car. I had it put on as it was a wheel I had from a few yrs back and preferred it over the faded suede. Its now got a new Porsche horn button compliments of fleabay. The pic is a bit dark and makes the wheel look really black but its more grey than black. Its flat not dished. It will be wheel only (& horn cap) as I need the boss kit. Its 350mm.

F49A50EE-C470-4B64-B87C-D633435931A2_zps

If I may ask, what is the delivered price for the Moto-lita? Don't worry, I would go for a different version to you guys (too much chrome!), or do I stick with the Momo?

Finally worked out the price (for anybody interested, you have to go almost all the way through their check out to see shipping). Probably a bit more than I should be spending on a wheel when there are other priorities, even for one that nice. 

Finally worked out the price (for anybody interested, you have to go almost all the way through their check out to see shipping). Probably a bit more than I should be spending on a wheel when there are other priorities, even for one that nice. 

Was going direct but It got a bit confusing on which horn cap to select, which adapter, so I called healey factory and ordered through them.  Steve was very helpful, in case you're not sure or a complete non-techo like me. The whole wheel with adapter, specific horn button and delivery to HF is $450. Offset by sale of above... Will take about a week he said to deliver.

What is the ask on the suede @Philbee ?

It comes with the boss kit, so looking at $190

Sorry @GUT I need all the help I can to try and keep up with you!! Plus, a great way to preserve the original wheel  ;) 

PM sent 

Unfortunately the spline on the SC and Carrera appear to differ :( 

3.2 being the smaller, therefore, if you have a 3.2 and desire the suede wheel, then let me know.

Cheers

Archived