Definitive steering wheel thread

michel

These are my Momo Prototipo wheels.

The ones on the left are 350mm Clay Regazzoni signature wheels, on the right are "normal" Prototipos, but in 370mm. The 370mm wheels give a better view of the speedo; especially handy in Victoria, the nanny state.

Prototipos.jpg

Bags bottom right.

Refurbed in nappa and with some 1/8" foam to make it a fatty.

6DF016E7-8F1E-4EA4-AAA9-C052902C4532_zps

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilles was pretty sick and wasn't going to respond to a bit of leather care.

Tried to buy another one but prices have gone mental, so stripped the cover off and spent a few hours with the Sikaflex and then sent him off to the expert for a recover.

Very pleased with the result.

IMG_1972_zpsnrbje13i.jpg

momo3_zps0joyrs7m.png

momo1_zpsepyvmevg.png

momo2_zps2vzvutzy.png

@9er, I noticed your expert did the prototipo style stitching.... when i asked my expert to do this he said blah blah NO blah de blah. Hmmm, I got ripped. Well done, looks great. Does he have a half brother in melbourne by chance?

Bags bottom right.

There's a nice one for sale on Pelican Parts Forum at the moment for US$1900.  If you're in that price ballpark, let talk :D

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/948806-fs-vintage-momo-prototipo-370mm-incl-solid-hub.html

Your guy did a great job on the Villeneuve wheel 9er. 

Heres mine, with and without centre pad:

PX6SkiR.jpg

xGxhMSa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Maybe email Momo themselves to see if they can shed any light on it. Worth a shot anyway, as there seems to only be the 917 Momo wheel he used in the Le Mans movie that was auctioned off

This on my 928 one day :)

Porsche20Genuine20Steering20Wheel1_zpsvr

Hi Adam,

just saw this tonight.  Not sure if you've already purchased but I bought one of these a couple weeks ago through 5150 Motorsport in California.  Absolutely beautiful, you won't go wrong if you get one.  Delivered in less than 10 days- great service.  

cheers,

Jason E.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

just saw this tonight.  Not sure if you've already purchased but I bought one of these a couple weeks ago through 5150 Motorsport in California.  Absolutely beautiful, you won't go wrong if you get one.  Delivered in less than 10 days- great service.  

cheers,

Jason E.

I have my eye still on one Jason and may yet get to it, my Momo one will do for now.... need to recoup the bank balance a bit... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

9er, here's what I know:

1.  Both wheels are/were for sale in Australia,

2. I've never seen another one of these for sale internationally,

3. Both seller also had other Holden/HDT items for sale as well.

4. The one I posted is 380mm, not sure about your's.  So probably off a "full size" car, not a little sports car.

Based on that, I suspect some special edition Commodore, maybe?

So, who did a special edition Holden back in the day? Brock, Wayne Gardner, anyone else?

Well done on your completing your helmet horn button collection.  Our Belgian friend helped out with the last of mine too.

That would be a good result Alex.

yes mine is also the larger diameter.

A few extra minutes of Googling today and it's confirmed 100%.

You were right about it being VH Group 3 era, but we were both wrong about it being a limited edition Commodore wheel.

It's not a racing driver's signature, and once I tell you whose it is, it will lose it's mystique (and you may not want it anymore).

One last chance, do you REALLY want to know? :)

Archived