2016 Le Mans live stream link.

Fraz

I was lucky enough to be there for the race and was in the grandstand directly opposite the Toyota pit garages. Which is also about 60 meters past the finish line. The leading Toyota actually braked and slowed on his second last lap going in to the Dunlop chicane at the end of the pit straight. I thought he was slowing for a formation finish with the other car but in hindsight maybe not. Then, as we all now know, he just stopped with 1 lap less about 50 metres to go. And the rest is now history. What an awesome experience to be there for the race. I didn't manage 24 hours at the track but around 14 in 3 shifts. Got the start for a few hours, came back for some night action which was just great to watch, pity their isn't more night racing, and then for the last 6 hours. The event itself is just incredible, hard to describe how good it is. My suggestion to you all is to make the effort to go, just pick a year that Porsche is going to win because that was the icing on a very nice cake. I will post pics when I het an hour to spare as there are many. Just waiting to head out after breakfast to the Porsche factory now for my Tuesday after Le Mans 3 hours hire of a 911 before the factory tour early afternoon followed by a wander through the museum.

i drove past the Porsche museum yesterday just 27 hours after the race finished and the winning car was there proudly on public display out the front, still on a trailer. Will take pics today also.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good race. stayed up and watched the start Brad was better than the first few laps.  I decided to go to bed with 30 mins to go and  Porsche 40 seconds behind 

would have like to see the last 3 min

I have followed thie race for the best part of the last 20 years. I've worked as a #1 Mechanic and won 24 hour races. So I understand the emotional side of endurance racing, I live for this stuff.

When the Toyota first slowed my heart sank at the same time my passion for Porsche and this race gave me goose bumps. Never felt anything like it and maybe never will again. My blood ran hot and cold at the same time.

There have been some epic races in the last few years. Though in 50 years time, the one the speak about will be 2016.

I have followed thie race for the best part of the last 20 years. I've worked as a #1 Mechanic and won 24 hour races. So I understand the emotional side of endurance racing, I live for this stuff.

When the Toyota first slowed my heart sank at the same time my passion for Porsche and this race gave me goose bumps. Never felt anything like it and maybe never will again. My blood ran hot and cold at the same time.

There have been some epic races in the last few years. Though in 50 years time, the one the speak about will be 2016.

Defiantly +1

In my 20+ years being involved in motorsport as a driver & crew member I've never seen or felt anything like this at the end of major race... As soon as Kazuki in the Toyota radioed his crew that he had lost power i jumped of the couch in excitement saying were going to win standing in front of the TV in disbelief. 30 seconds later the emotion was you poor bastards in the Toyota camp but still very happy for Porsche 

I guess its just the passion i have for Porsche Motorsport & Le Mans 

I want to believe Porsche strategically guessed that if the Toyota was to back off it would cool the TS 050 down and throw something? the tyres, the brakes, the cooling system? or the driver? It happens.......

"Change what you are doing to the car, the car will change too"

Potentially a detrimental change? In a world of numbers.... think about it. The odds of this happening were better than odds of them catching Toyota in the time they had left.

Taking tyres when Porsche maybe didn't need to looks to me like a very cleaver last ditch strategy to break Toyota? It gave Toyota a reasonably logical reason to relax.

Had Porsche slowed on track or created another scenario to reduce pressure on the TS 050, Toyota would have been suspicious and would not have radioed to their driver to button off in the way they did.

Porsche would never have caught them. So Porsche made another plan. They had time up their sleeves to execute something this cleaver.

Since the dawn of Porsche they have always zigged when everybody else zaggs. I genuinely think Porsche are smart enough to engineer strategy of this nature..

Those Porsche Engineers were not just going to sit there and settle for second. They had a very small window to pull this off and it worked. They don't sit out there on the wall for 24 hours playing cards.

If I'm correct.... this would be the all time greatest racing strategy of our lifetimes.

We may never know?

Mark Webber post mortem

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/le-mans-mark-webber-reflects-on-the-disappointment-of-missing-out-on-victory/news-story/90b6698c780f8d241f4cdb7cc2c920a0#itm=newscomau|home|nca-homepage-news-plus-story|3|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1466424891195

I pressed "record" with 24 minutes to go in the race and told my son that to finish first , first you have to finish. We stayed up of course and he learnt a good lesson! 

next year i'll stay up!

Webber is a true gentleman and champion; “OK, I have to wait another year for a crack, but it is what it is. I really feel for the Olympic athletes, who have to wait four years for their chance.”

A lesson to be learned regarding perspective and humility.

I want to believe Porsche strategically guessed that if the Toyota was to back off it would cool the TS 050 down and throw something? the tyres, the brakes, the cooling system? or the driver? It happens.......

"Change what you are doing to the car, the car will change too"

Potentially a detrimental change? In a world of numbers.... think about it. The odds of this happening were better than odds of them catching Toyota in the time they had left.

Taking tyres when Porsche maybe didn't need to looks to me like a very cleaver last ditch strategy to break Toyota? It gave Toyota a reasonably logical reason to relax.

Had Porsche slowed on track or created another scenario to reduce pressure on the TS 050, Toyota would have been suspicious and would not have radioed to their driver to button off in the way they did.

Porsche would never have caught them. So Porsche made another plan. They had time up their sleeves to execute something this cleaver.

Since the dawn of Porsche they have always zigged when everybody else zaggs. I genuinely think Porsche are smart enough to engineer strategy of this nature..

Those Porsche Engineers were not just going to sit there and settle for second. They had a very small window to pull this off and it worked. They don't sit out there on the wall for 24 hours playing cards.

If I'm correct.... this would be the all time greatest racing strategy of our lifetimes.

We may never know?

I chose to believe you're right .... porsche compared to most sports car companies or racing depts are often left of field ....makes me feel good anyway to believe we knew what we were doing!

As a life long listener to Radio Le Mans. I feel it was a shame that Heindy got so wrapped up in the GTE debacle. He completely missed the radio transmissions from the Toyota.

He took his eye off the race and lost the start of one of the greatest spectacles this sport will ever see 

As a life long listener to Radio Le Mans. I feel it was a shame that Heindy got so wrapped up in the GTE debacle. He completely missed the radio transmissions from the Toyota.

He took his eye off the race and lost the start of one of the greatest spectacles this sport will ever see 

Your right... I was listening to both radio Le Mans & the WEC live stream commentary, Heindy totally missed the most important bit of the race & got it all wrong for a min or 2. I attached a YouTube link in the previous page of the last 48 min for those that missed the end

How about a spot check on the Audi R18 emissions.... :P

The French don't even wash,  so some dirty exhaust isn't going to bother them. It's not like they're driving them around Paris!

Plus they smoke a lot.

Archived