32 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

Yours is way better, nice start if you want a track car or maybe even a good start for a road car. It has has some of the big $$ items looked after.

That one raises a lot of red flags.

Here's a slight adjustment to the pic of the engine bay. No fresh parts in sight! Wrong ignition leads! Where has the car been stored if the airbox bracket managed to get THAT rusty? And where are the reference sensors? They're missing from the bracket...

It looks pretty good on the outside, though! Perhaps a fun project if the price is sufficiently negotiable

20180902_000030.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 1:10 PM, red clubbie said:

New one to hit the Market.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1989/SSE-AD-5668200/?Cr=10

Makes my one for sale look cheap......

Cheers,

Geoff.

Looks on par to me mate except for kms which as we know doesn't really matter if it's been looked after. 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Good Luck Tingy..........

I'm sorry guys, my fault, I left him unsupervised for a few weeks and he does this!!!! 

A truly immaculate car that has had a pampered life.  I've driven the car and can vouch that it's a gem, in fact a rare gem when you consider how few of this particular model were sold in Australia.

GLWS Stephen

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have been procrastinating over this for some time but the time has come, i have a lot of things on my plate at the moment and i will be Porsche-less for some time i think if the car sells.

I don't see myself doing too much driving in the next 6 months and beyond so watching the car sit in the garage will be a waste and a frustrating excercise for me. If someone buys it i hope they enjoy it as much as i have because it's a great car and i will have a tear in my eye when it leaves my garage i can assure you, i won't find another car like that again probably.

I will buy another Porsche again it's just a matter of time, i have some hurdles to jump first and be on my merry way again.?

On 9/2/2018 at 12:08 AM, floorprawn said:

That one raises a lot of red flags.

Here's a slight adjustment to the pic of the engine bay. No fresh parts in sight! Wrong ignition leads! Where has the car been stored if the airbox bracket managed to get THAT rusty? And where are the reference sensors? They're missing from the bracket...

It looks pretty good on the outside, though! Perhaps a fun project if the price is sufficiently negotiable

20180902_000030.jpg

I drive past this one most days. It appears to live outdoors.

There are very few covered parking spaces in the unit blocks around Centennial Park.