• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

$30k for an Aust del S2 in NSW , no doubt it will need money spent like nearly every car but looks pretty good.  Not sure why photos are from 14,000 k's ago, things like this just start you wondering so lots of checking and questions to ask

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-944-1990/sse-ad-5744694/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=4a9f0ae7-a372-4f33-87ea-110d358f76eb

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

$30k for an Aust del S2 in NSW , no doubt it will need money spent like nearly every car but looks pretty good.  Not sure why photos are from 14,000 k's ago, things like this just start you wondering so lots of checking and questions to ask

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-944-1990/sse-ad-5744694/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=4a9f0ae7-a372-4f33-87ea-110d358f76eb

Not a bad price for someone who can do the work themselves or wants to modify it. Would have jumped on that if I had already bought something

10 hours ago, Stepo said:

Lots of questions but nice looking car. Hmm, nearby too!

18 hours ago, SteveF said:

Lots of questions but nice looking car. Hmm, nearby too!

Yep, my thoughts too, could be good if it all checks out.

In fact, if this car has been wearing that plate for a number of years, I think I looked at it when it was last for sale 7 or so years ago. Which would mean that it was probably being offered for around $25k - that was my budget at the time. Can't remember much else about it though.

I'm guessing having 220,000kms on the clock will put some off, but I have no probs with that sort of mileage - the 968 I bought a couple of months ago has a shade more than this, and the 928 I had before was up around 230-240Kkm.

Condition above all else.

49 minutes ago, PomBstard said:

I'm guessing having 220,000kms on the clock will put some off, but I have no probs with that sort of mileage

Condition above all else..

I don't think you find many with anything under 200k most of the time and if you do find unicorns, they are often museum pieces with eye watering asking prices.

Agreed, don't worry about the k's, just maintenance, condition and the owner.

1 hour ago, Carrot01 said:

yeah, those kms wouldnt put me off either if the rest of the car is nice.

This one looks like a good deal - 1 of the 38 Aussie cars.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-porsche-944-turbo-manual/OAG-AD-20742664/?Cr=11

Then they have a 87 944S for for $60k - hmmm :wacko:

I think the turbo is one they sold not that long ago seemed to sit around for a while.From the photos it looks nice and dare I say it better value than the 968’s 

I think anytime you're looking at a car old enough to be put on historic rego, you're past "low kilometers" as the primary desirability factor - it really is condition and originality.  Veteran and vintage cars of this age (25-30+ years) suffer from low kilometer use as badly as high kilometer use.  And I've made the argument before that a car which has low kms and is unmarked, pretty much works against an owner (mentally) wanting to drive it...

To a certain extent, the numbers made/rarity/unusual delivery options and colours (at least for me) start to come into play when assessing value and desirability. 

I have listed my car in the for sale section, I'm aware/realistic that what a car owes you and the value aren't always the same thing so I would be keen to hear feedback on what you all think at this price-point. Don't want to be one of the 'dreamers' I despise with my personal biases for my own baby.

Thanks in advance!

55 minutes ago, jayrrrr said:

I'd agree that it's too expensive.  An S2 would be a better proposition.  The S model was only produced for a short time so spares will be an issue going forward.