On 12/31/2017 at 12:53 PM, Jason E said:

I saw this a few days ago!  I'm watching this eagerly as he only needs to drop another 48k then I can afford to make an offer.  Just quietly I'm pretty confident I might be able to snag this one.............

When this hits $50k I'm buying it, bring on 2019 LOL 

11 hours ago, Brow said:

I see the 944 have held their increase in the US. Look like the double the US price equates to Aus price.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1987-porsche-944

There's always a buyer for a good 944, particularly an S2 or Turbo. I think that it won't be long before really good cars are back in the low $40,000 's, give it 6 months......

5 hours ago, MB911 said:

When this hits $50k I'm buying it, bring on 2019 LOL 

There's always a buyer for a good 944, particularly an S2 or Turbo. I think that it won't be long before really good cars are back in the low $40,000 's, give it 6 months......

Seems like not much is moving at the moment.  I'd like to think the S2's (and their bastard cousin 951's) are worth 40 to 50k for a good one - WE know they're worth that but convincing the buyers is another thing..........

13 hours ago, Jason E said:

Seems like not much is moving at the moment.  I'd like to think the S2's (and their bastard cousin 951's) are worth 40 to 50k for a good one - WE know they're worth that but convincing the buyers is another thing..........

If you watch the market good cars are still moving, I only put mine on PFA and gumtree, didn't even get it on carsales before it was gone and for pretty much asking price $39k. Good cars will always sell mate. The Red S2 in SA sold two weeks before mine and it was on Carsales for less than 4 days, it went for $39k. Keeping the pricing under the magic $40k hurdle seems to be the key. 

Appears to be a well priced S2 cab at $22.5k with relatively low k's, best colour combo.......hehehe.

New wing mirrors, rims, steering wheel and painted rocker cover.......nice coolant tank as well, serviced by the guru :D

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-2111261/?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

(No affiliation)

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Appears to be a well priced S2 cab at $22.5k with relatively low k's, best colour combo.......hehehe.

New wing mirrors, rims, steering wheel and painted rocker cover.......nice coolant tank as well, serviced by the guru :D

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-2111261/?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

(No affiliation)

That looks like value to me, not a cab fan, but still a good price, and speaking with Bruce B recently I'll bet it wants for nothing;)

3 hours ago, Stepo said:

(No affiliation)

Gone... yes, it was well priced.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Gone... yes, it was well priced.

I hope someone from the forum picked it up, no doubt they will be very happy with their purchase......or maybe we'll see it come back onto carsales for $32.5k in the next few weeks?

I phoned the guy up about it,it was a mistake on the part of carsales he sold the car 4 years ago he said he'd wished he'd kept it,I've got to say my eyes nearly popped out when I saw the advert that would have been the bargain of the century.

15 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I phoned the guy up about it,it was a mistake on the part of carsales he sold the car 4 years ago he said he'd wished he'd kept it,I've got to say my eyes nearly popped out when I saw the advert that would have been the bargain of the century.

Good old carsales, working to protect our privacy with integrity and professionalism.....and they relist an add that is four years old :blink:.

And to think I once gave them my credit card number :o

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Good old carsales, working to protect our privacy with integrity and professionalism.....and they relist an add that is four years old :blink:.

And to think I once gave them my credit card number :o

WTF carsales seriously?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Last one listed as I recall was a blue auto from a lady with a shop in Richmond, couple of years older though I think.  Price I think was $32k.  This car is probably a step above that though, but that big a step????

No that's Clubsport dollars i think.

3 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

That's a good buy considering the big stuff is done.

11 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Being a pre '86 model I would have automatically said he was dreaming on price but with the level of work done he may be a little high but not too far off. Time will tell on this one.

16 hours ago, 901er said:

I was just thinking its been a while since a 968 has been listed??

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-968-1994/SSE-AD-5200610

This sold about 6 months ago in the very low $20k's....if it's the one that was getting some work done at the same Indy i use....if he gets anywhere near $30k he should take it....