I don't know.. it is a rare auto with the traditional series one dash! The colour mismatch between the engine bag and car exterior also allows for the new owner to decide which of the two colours should become the car's standard. On top of that, the engine appears to be untouched so you know you don't need to worry about a bunch of poorly completed maintenance. If only I was looking for another FEP ... I think I'd buy sight unseen. What a gem!!

(Moderators apologies if this post breaches the poor taste/ language rules- if so I will retract/ delete/ remove).

Now I test drove a 1984 auto 944 some time back whilst I was looking for my car.  Admittedly it was in pretty unkempt condition & had seen it's best days a long while before I sat my bum down in the Pilots seat.  Driving that pig was soul destroying.  I'd rather shove my todger in a pencil sharpener & crank the handle while simultaneously hitting myself in the cags with a rubber mallet !!  Now that may seem a bit extreme but it will give you some measure of the scar the experience left on me. 

Now maybe one in good condition would be a different story.  I would even buy an auto as a run around if it was in reasonable knick WITH A PRICE REFLECTIVE OF IT's DRIVING MERIT !!!!  26k is an insult to the driving community & dare I say it - to humanity. 

(I think I may have got a bit worked up here - apologies).   

12 minutes ago, Jason E said:

(Moderators apologies if this post breaches the poor taste/ language rules- if so I will retract/ delete/ remove).

Now I test drove a 1984 auto 944 some time back whilst I was looking for my car.  Admittedly it was in pretty unkempt condition & had seen it's best days a long while before I sat my bum down in the Pilots seat.  Driving that pig was soul destroying.  I'd rather shove my todger in a pencil sharpener & crank the handle while simultaneously hitting myself in the cags with a rubber mallet !!  Now that may seem a bit extreme but it will give you some measure of the scar the experience left on me. 

Now maybe one in good condition would be a different story.  I would even buy an auto as a run around if it was in reasonable knick WITH A PRICE REFLECTIVE OF IT's DRIVING MERIT !!!!  26k is an insult to the driving community & dare I say it - to humanity. 

(I think I may have got a bit worked up here - apologies).   

That time of the month or having a hot flush?

You are a funny prick:D:blink:

47 minutes ago, Jason E said:

.... I'd rather shove my todger in a pencil sharpener & crank the handle while simultaneously hitting myself in the cags with a rubber mallet !!  .....

I've been to parties like this, only I've had to pay extra for that sort of action.

9 minutes ago, XLR8 said:

I have said this before, and I'll say it again. Driving a Porsche with an automatic gearbox is like dating a supermodel with no vagina.

Apologies if I have offended anyone, but that's how I feel. Mods, deal with this comment appropriately.

Certainly the auto 944 I drove was one of the most underwhelming cars I've ever driven.  Owner still wanted 15k for that even though it still had the paint bubbles on the bonnet from the engine fire it had. :o  Vinny's Turbo was totally the opposite !!!!  The guy (gal?) who bought that has got a great car....

45 minutes ago, XLR8 said:

I have said this before, and I'll say it again. Driving a Porsche with an automatic gearbox is like dating a supermodel with no vagina.

Apologies if I have offended anyone, but that's how I feel. Mods, deal with this comment appropriately.

Auto 944, nah don't think so.

Apologies to anyone who owns one

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2017 at 10:48 AM, TINGY944 said:

Wondering what the opinion is on this car, not so sought after colour scheme, does it match the price?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-3502313/?Cr=13

1990 Porsche 944 S2 Manual

Noticed that this was for sale again... for those interested lots of comments that follow this one that are worth a read...

On 21/03/2018 at 8:13 AM, XLR8 said:

And , like,  we've all been there
You should date a female supermodel next time :P

Anybody taking bets on how long before the Zyclam Red S2 that just "SOLD"............."AGAIN" on carsales will take to miraculously reappear as "For Sale" again.  Either this is the most turned over 944 in the history of Porsche & more miraculously it is always bought by a guy with the same name as the bloke that previously sold it.  What are the odds???

11 hours ago, Jason E said:

Anybody taking bets on how long before the Zyclam Red S2 that just "SOLD"............."AGAIN" on carsales will take to miraculously reappear as "For Sale" again.  Either this is the most turned over 944 in the history of Porsche & more miraculously it is always bought by a guy with the same name as the bloke that previously sold it.  What are the odds???

Is his name Ole?? Hahhahhahaha

Hi Fap,

Nice looking car but then I’m biased! I would add more information in the advertisement about all of the work that you have done recently.  What are all the good points? Does it have any service history and books? Saying it is a rolling restoration might put people off thinking it is a project car. To be honest all cars this age always need something to do with them ? Price wise it may be a little high but then that gives you room to move. I have an ‘86 944 with similar km and would price it around $18-19k but ultimately the market dictates the price. I hope that helps. GLWS.

9 minutes ago, FAP911 said:

Selling my 944S that was going to be earmarked for my son but now wants a Golf GTI

A couple of bites but nothing concrete

Am I off the mark in pricing and if so where should it be ????

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balwyn/cars-vans-utes/porsche-944-s/1180599155

I suppose it depends what else it needs.  If you've spent 12k (on parts) then it has a heap of new stuff.  If that 12k includes labour- maybe not so much.  The interior needs some love it would seem - that costs.

If I was going to buy an N/A for 20ish I'd want to be fairly convinced I didn't have much else to spend.  I only say this as I know how much it costs if there is a bit to do.  It adds up quick.

1 hour ago, SteveF said:

Hi Fap,

Nice looking car but then I’m biased! I would add more information in the advertisement about all of the work that you have done recently.  What are all the good points? Does it have any service history and books? Saying it is a rolling restoration might put people off thinking it is a project car. To be honest all cars this age always need something to do with them ? Price wise it may be a little high but then that gives you room to move. I have an ‘86 944 with similar km and would price it around $18-19k but ultimately the market dictates the price. I hope that helps. GLWS.

Thanks Steve - I even thought someone might want it as a club track car 

I'd rather tell people about the warts and all so as to be transparent - Great feedback Thanks 

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

I suppose it depends what else it needs.  If you've spent 12k (on parts) then it has a heap of new stuff.  If that 12k includes labour- maybe not so much.  The interior needs some love it would seem - that costs.

If I was going to buy an N/A for 20ish I'd want to be fairly convinced I didn't have much else to spend.  I only say this as I know how much it costs if there is a bit to do.  It adds up quick.

Thanks Jason - Its RWC ( Victoria ) but still needs some cosmetics 

Will keep adjusting price over the next few weeks Thx

13 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Selling my 944S that was going to be earmarked for my son but now wants a Golf GTI

Really? I drive a Skoda Octavia vRS (essentially a Golf GTi wagon) as a daily, and it's certainly more practical, comfortable and faster than a 944. But it doesn't handle anywhere near as well as my tweaked 924. I know which one I prefer to drive!

16 hours ago, FAP911 said:

As others have said, you need to "sell" the car more.  Also - the pics aren't great - although the "Hamilton's" & "Unleaded fuel only" sticker may add authenticity, they are very weathered and  look pretty crappy.  If they were pristine, I'd leave them on as evidence the car has been cared for - those detract. Need more exterior pics showing the fit and finish - and - Porsche "S" engines are pretty nice looking - how about some engine bay pics - cleaned if necessary?

GLWS, Rob

20 hours ago, FAP911 said:

There's only really four photos that half show the car's character...........I think I had 20-30 when I sold the S2.

The write-up is also very brief, maybe that's a Gumtree restriction, consider listing on carsales to cover a wider audience?

I think your price looks about right but it is hard to tell condition from the current listing.  Give it a good going over, get the camera out and provide a better description, review pricing after 3 months based on interest and your situation, GLWTS (your son misses out :ph34r:)