15 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Sorry Tingy,

Plastic cap missing on wiper arm will have to pass.?

Seriously that is a superb example of a car. GLWS and your path traveling forward.

I know mate, every time i order bits and pieces from Autohaus i always forget to get one of these, anyone have a spare they don't need? Thankyou.

11 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Be prepared to replace a lot of bits then if it's been under a cover and not been driven.

48 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

Be prepared to replace a lot of bits then if it's been under a cover and not been driven.

Agreed......but it has a leather gear knob Tingy!!!  :lol:

Seriously, it looks pretty clean under the hood, interior could do with a good going over, service history for when it was driven would be interesting.  It's a manual and I would think worth a closer look for anyone chasing one.

I was a bit confused to read it's been in the shed for 22 years but rego due to expire in Oct 2018 :blink:, could be some grey areas.  It's 26 years old, so that means only driven for 4 years, 162000 k's, so that's 40000 k's per year...…...would be an interesting discussion with the owner to assure everything is above board.

6 hours ago, 88mph said:

Just looking online, the market has really tightened up. 

All prices are on the rise.

What's happening? 

Maybe finally getting some good quality vehicles coming on the market / little spring cleaning.

Not saying they are all quality, but some are definitely good quality stock, if you were in the market.  

2 hours ago, Port 911 said:

Maybe finally getting some good quality vehicles coming on the market / little spring cleaning.

Not saying they are all quality, but some are definitely good quality stock, if you were in the market.  

Spring cleaning normally refers to throwing the junk out....

If this is the junk, we can expect a very tight market over summer.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, Stepo said:

Seriously, it looks pretty clean under the hood, interior could do with a good going over, service history for when it was driven would be interesting.  It's a manual and I would think worth a closer look for anyone chasing one.

I was a bit confused to read it's been in the shed for 22 years but rego due to expire in Oct 2018 :blink:, could be some grey areas.  It's 26 years old, so that means only driven for 4 years, 162000 k's, so that's 40000 k's per year...…...would be an interesting discussion with the owner to assure everything is above board.

I suspect it's been used normally, but parked under cover in a shed, rather than a garage or carport...

On 9/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, Stepo said:

I know a bit of the cars story - owner buys car . Drives it home parks it in shed. Then never drives it again .

but keeps it registered ?

as @TINGY944 and Baden Powell quipped ... be prepared 

Clean car , but needs major Service and then likely lots of  replacement stuff.

17 minutes ago, michel said:

I know a bit of the cars story - owner buys car . Drives it home parks it in shed. Then never drives it again .

but keeps it registered ?

as @TINGY944 and Baden Powell quipped ... be prepared 

Clean car , but needs major Service and then likely lots of  replacement stuff.

Yep, just ask @Jason E

what it takes to get a car back on the road.

6 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Ok kids, what is an Aussie 944 S2 manual worth these days?  Tidy but 250kms. 

Depends on the service history, recent maintenance, option codes etc. Is it the red one in SA you speak of?

1 hour ago, 901er said:

30k if everything’s in order

Cheers bro. 

9 hours ago, OzJustin said:

Depends on the service history, recent maintenance, option codes etc. Is it the red one in SA you speak of?

Yep, a mate is kinda interested and I’m apparently his expert despite knowing almost zero about 944’s except they have pop up headlights (good) and sound like a dying animal (bad) when starting. 

7 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Yep, a mate is kinda interested and I’m apparently his expert despite knowing almost zero about 944’s except they sound like a dying animal (bad) when starting. 

A correctly sized battery and trickle charger will sort that issue out ;)

This came up on my phone last Sunday listed at $19.5k, now not available, did need some work:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-5699508/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email

IMO, well sorted coupes will be $30 - $40k

On 10/9/2018 at 2:39 PM, Stepo said:

A correctly sized battery and trickle charger will sort that issue out ;)

IMO, well sorted coupes will be $30 - $40k

I agree. You could snag one in the $20s but it would probably require a bit to bring back to scratch. IMHO maintenance is a key price factor for these cars. Big jobs like the clutch, belts, rollers, water pump, cam chain and guides are not cheap so the asking price should reflect.

The starters on these cars are very small so the slow long cranks are pretty normal. I liken it to waking the beast. Cough..cough..cough..grrr! Modern fast crank cars are boring by comparison. :P 

14 hours ago, OzJustin said:

The starters on these cars are very small so the slow long cranks are pretty normal. I liken it to waking the beast. Cough..cough..cough..grrr! Modern fast crank cars are boring by comparison. :P 

I agree, even with a fully charged battery they still crank a little slow, it's not until the car is up to full operating temp that they crank quicker.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-5692681/?Cr=15

So what is the sell stopper on this car, Klms?  If the history is good it seems like good buying to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Qld 968 for sale.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-968-1992/SSE-AD-5732254/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email

Looks like old Clive is back.  If you're interested in this start researching "How do I remove sikaflex from everywhere on the interior of a car?"  

I went & had a look at this when I was on the hunt for a car around this time 2 years ago.  The interior has had LOTS of sikaflex used to hold things together.  I mentioned this to Clive & he said, "Who cares about the interior it's the motor you're here for".   He then went on to say, "If you're going to be picky about things we'll be here all day".

I said, "Ok well lets kick her over & go for a drive". 

Clive said, "Oh it's not running at the moment".

I said, "Oh Great.  So the interior is a bit rough, the exterior is a bit rough & the engine doesn't run.  How much did you say you wanted?"........& that's how the fight started............

Just kidding.  He did get a bit miffed & said something like, "The car is worth double what I'm asking".

I remember thinking something like the car will cost double what you're asking to put right.

I'm pretty sure Brian from Buddina also had a look at it.  He may remember better than me it's condition.  I recall no books & pretty sketchy details from old Clive on it's history.  From memory Clive struck me as a bit of a maintenance/ schmaitenance - service schedule/ service schmedule kinda guy.  I could be wrong as I spoke to lots of owners back then.  All I know is I didn't buy Clive's car & it was only an hours drive away.  Instead I purchased in Sydney from an equally "She'll be right!!" owner named Zorba.  Thanks Zorba  - die in a fire!!

24 minutes ago, 901er said:

From 2015.. he really put some effort in

To be fair he is about two hundred and sixteen years old and is pretty "Old Skool", so I think photo representation isn't on the top of his priority list.

I remember calling and talking to the owner second last time it was advertised I think.

When I made contact, I was surprised to hear the car was no longer for sale, he was keeping it, but still advertised on carsales…….why wouldn't you remove it! :wacko:

Sounds like a dodged a bullet.....happy I ended up with my S2

Not a bad looking turbo in WA, not as good as yours @TINGY944 but obviously priced cheaper due to higher k's, cloth seats and typical cracked dash

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1988/SSE-AD-5710135/?Cr=1