16 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

Driving your old car is not measured in absolute performance. Its what makes you happy.

Look at the old guy driving an old 1960's MGB or beetle. No matter what you do its still an old MGB or beetle, its not very fast or special. But to the old guy who has it & drives it, maybe it is special. 

You can spend a bucket of bucks restoring your car to near as new condition or even upgrading it or just enjoy it for what it is. A cool old car that makes you happy. If not, time for a new adventure.

Have you finished your clutch job yet, Brian?

Rob

Bit of a setback a couple weeks ago. I may have cause for having my  apprenticeship revoked. Sheared off one of 2 - 10mm bolts which support the cross member which supports the transaxle. Bugger! In the process of trying to drill it out without destroying the existing threads. Luckily I’m doing this for fun. So close but yet so far.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, 901er said:

agreed,  especially with that blue colour.  Lots of bucks to spend though getting in order.  But an S2 is an S2 so worth every cent.

7 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

I have a bit of sellers regret right now, my wife and i both agree that the 944 is a more comfortable ride than the 996. Great cars and i see the Sydney car sold fairly quick as well.

I get that every now and then thinking about cars I sold years ago.   It's like rose coloured glasses, I tend to forget why I sold it and only remember the good bits.

Is it the ride, the seats, the bigger cabin area or just "that" feeling.  Might be time for that AC car, smaller, noisier, harsh...just plain raw.

or a Cayman.

11 hours ago, 901er said:

No such thing as a cheap 944, just cheap to purchase as others will attain too. The thing is a good well sorted car is bloody awesome. I did a run up the Oxley Hwy about a month ago, had a guy in a V2 V8 Monaro holding me up all the way up the mountain despite his best efforts. If mine was a turbo I would have rounded him up and waved good buy. He was part of the group I was driving with and had little to say in our talks through out the day. 😎 I have had thoughts of selling my 944 but I don't think I can actually do it.

On 14/08/2019 at 23:55, TINGY996 said:

I have a bit of sellers regret right now, my wife and i both agree that the 944 is a more comfortable ride than the 996. Great cars and i see the Sydney car sold fairly quick as well.

I had buyers regret after getting married - is this the same kinda thing?  .............. asking for a friend......

On 14 August 2019 at 23:55, TINGY996 said:

Tingy 

would you mind to elaborate...

what makes the 944 more a more comfortable ride?

On 14 August 2019 at 20:01, 901er said:

I've seen this car & talked to the owner a couple times  a year or 2 ago. 

30 minutes ago, brian in buddina said:

Tingy 

would you mind to elaborate...

what makes the 944 more a more comfortable ride?

I've seen this car & talked to the owner a couple times  a year or 2 ago. 

What's it like in the flesh Brian.  What's the story with the US bumpers/ aledged UK import?

18 hours ago, Jason E said:

No, she feels incredibly lucky & blessed.   In fact I'd go so far as to say she feels like she's won Division One in the Love Lotto.  Just lucky I guess.

This is classic

How many other winners in the division one though?  Her prize wasn't diluted too much I hope?

7 hours ago, Coastr said:

This is classic

How many other winners in the division one though?  Her prize wasn't diluted too much I hope?

She was the sole recipient of the Big One Coastr.  She has unfettered access to all this Glory.

7 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

When you win a "prize" you have to just take what you get................

Harsh...but probably fair...

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

It'd have to be where Jason is involved ... :ph34r: :LOL:

In the words of the great & visionary Kamahl (coincidentally Tingy's favourite recording artist), "Why are people so unkind?"...

A-327744-1478790955-5867.jpeg.jpg

7 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Love is blind 

Thankfully otherwise I'd be a 47 year old Virgin...

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

indeed why are people so unkind?  Mysteries of the world yet to be solved.

In other mysteries, why did Porsche put the engine in the wrong end of the otherwise fantastic 944?? 

Wow, that escalated quickly.  I thought we were friends 😁.  In the wrong parts of town that kinda talk could get you just a little bit stabbed ! (not sure where those parts are but I'm sure they exist).

@TINGY996, @Jason E

in regards to the Caloundra 944 listed.

"What's it like in the flesh Brian.  What's the story with the US bumpers/ aledged UK import?"

This was the first 944 that I sat in! So its going back a few years now. 

I saw it parked in Caloundra at a house and & knocked on the door. The owner of the 944 was working at the house doing carpentry work. So I didn't have much time to talk. My main concern that I was looking at the headroom with the sunroof. Which turned out ok. 

This car will have been driven so no issues with drying out seals on the motoring. The boot was full of tools which just shows you how practical these cars are.