I once picked up about 3/4 ton of redgum in my old one ……. was speaking to an S2 owner on Saturday who used his for all the paint n stuff during a reno. Incidently my old one I sold a couple of years back is on carsales, I see a few of the problems still not resolved - half the reason I sold it.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-porsche-944-manual/SSE-AD-6109729/?Cr=14

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all currently considering selling my 1988 944s due to unforeseen circumstances. Not sure what to advertise it for. Recently completed restoring it and use it as my daily driver. Body and interior are immaculate and engine runs and drives like a dream. If anyone can give me a rough idea of what it is worth that would be great as there isnt much to compare to.

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, Bobby44 said:

Hi all currently considering selling my 1988 944s due to unforeseen circumstances. Not sure what to advertise it for. Recently completed restoring it and use it as my daily driver. Body and interior are immaculate and engine runs and drives like a dream. If anyone can give me a rough idea of what it is worth that would be great as there isnt much to compare to.

Cheers 

The market is a little flat at the moment, I would have a good look around at what is currently for sale and what kind of condition they are in, maintenance e.t.c. 

Then knowing your car price it accordingly, good cars priced right will always sell quick, overpriced cars can sit for sales for years. Put it up for sale on PFA first at least you will find someone that will appreciate the car and any work you have put into it. 

Don't know if that helps that much, but good luck with your sale. 

3 minutes ago, Port 911 said:

The market is a little flat at the moment, I would have a good look around at what is currently for sale and what kind of condition they are in, maintenance e.t.c. 

Then knowing your car price it accordingly, good cars priced right will always sell quick, overpriced cars can sit for sales for years. Put it up for sale on PFA first at least you will find someone that will appreciate the car and any work you have put into it. 

Don't know if that helps that much, but good luck with your sale. 

As usual, no help at all Rikki ... :cool07:

Tell 'em the price son, tell 'em the price!! ... :Passusabeer:

12 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

As usual, no help at all Rikki ... :cool07:

Tell 'em the price son, tell 'em the price!! ... :Passusabeer:

Put it this way, I would rather be trying to buy than trying to sell at the moment. I would like to sell mine but not in the current market, unless I put a STD gearbox back in it plus some other upgrades. Sell these part on there own. 

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

First pony up the $25!!

Where's the moderator threatening removal of posts with the thought of a sale? @LeeM

Sorry about that. Didnt offer the car for sale, put a price up or say EOI. There appeared to be some discussion about prices in this thread that's why I asked. Anyway I believe the post is deleted now 😁👍

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Bobby44 said:

Sorry about that. Didnt offer the car for sale, put a price up or say EOI. There appeared to be some discussion about prices in this thread that's why I asked. Anyway I believe the post is deleted now 😁👍

Cheers

Consider becoming a financial member.   The $25 pays for itself a thousand times over in information,  assistance & humour (at least in my case it's saved me thousands).  Plus it contributes to keeping this resource up & running. Cheers Jason. 

4 hours ago, P-Kay said:

First pony up the $25!!

Where's the moderator threatening removal of posts with the thought of a sale? @LeeM

Not wanting to cause any trouble or get anyone offside, but I've got to say that your post seems a bit heavy handed and really, unnecessary ...

As the OP stated, he didn't have anything for sale and was merely asking for help / assistance with pricing his car in today's market.

I understand the desire to get everyone to pay to join the forum, but to be so blunt I feel is OTT ...

If everyone that asked a question got that response, I can almost guarantee that there would be no forum to join ... this should be a place for enthusiasts to visit without the threat of removal of posts for what I see as not doing anything against any rules.

53 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

If everyone that asked a question got that response, I can almost guarantee that there would be no forum to join ... this should be a place for enthusiasts to visit without the threat of removal of posts for what I see as not doing anything against any rules.

But if nobody pays, there would be no forum anyway!!!  As has been mentioned, $25 is a small price to pay for the info and cameraderie of this forum - hell, I've even spent a few hours helping plan a flying tour of Tassie and offered a few night's accommodation for someone I've never even met apart from on this forum!!!!  Very happy to do this for the fun and enjoyment of our cars 🙂

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

But if nobody pays, there would be no forum anyway!!!  As has been mentioned, $25 is a small price to pay for the info and cameraderie of this forum - hell, I've even spent a few hours helping plan a flying tour of Tassie and offered a few night's accommodation for someone I've never even met apart from on this forum!!!!  Very happy to do this for the fun and enjoyment of our cars 🙂

Totally agree with your comments above ... it was nothing at all personal against @P-Kay ... I just personally don't see the need for it .. or at the very least to be suggested in a more "welcoming way"  :Beer:

Ladies and gents.

It was a new member who was not aware of how it works here and has been advised, so all is now good. 

In the past, we have had people join the forum solely for their own gain, a.k.a flippers, private sellers and business owners selling cars and parts without any contribution to the forum community, and when they are asked to contribute just $25/year to sell whatever they want, they aren't too happy about it and we never see them again. Some do slip through the cracks, yet eventually they are advised of the forum sales guidelines and some do cough up the cash and some don't, yet I'm sure the post by @Bobby44 was not intended as a subtle sale ad, but asking for some genuine advice from those (you) who have experience with these cars. Regardless, he has been advised by myself and we can move on 👍

I shall add that if you do see posts by new members asking for values or "I'm selling my car in a couple of weeks time..." send myself or any other moderator a private message or just press the 'report' button and we'll sort it out. That way noone is offended in public, and we will contact the poster privately 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...