4 hours ago, Stepo said:

@Jason E didn't take long for your S2 to come back onto the market

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-porsche-944-s2-manual/SSE-AD-6806855/?Cr=1 

Hi,  I was a bit flabbergasted early this morning when another PFAer contacted me re the car being advertised.  On checking my email I saw that the purchaser had sent me an email explaining that he just wasn't in love with the car & had decided to look at something else (thankfully he doesn't seem to be cursing my name).   I was pretty shocked though.  I'll have to give him a call over the next few days.  Didn't see that coming.

Just now, Stepo said:

Nothing for you to worry about now, looking forward to seeing what you get into next ;)

I've just sent the buyer an email.  I feel terrible (& a bit mortified) that he is unhappy.  I feel like someone's been insulting my child (to be fair though at times I liked the car more than my 5 year old).  He was pretty good in his email & wasn't wishing a pox on me.  I suppose this outlines the perils of buying a car sight unseen.  Sigh......................

33 minutes ago, Jason E said:

I feel like someone's been insulting my child (to be fair though at times I liked the car more than my 5 year old).

I reckon there would have been plenty of times that your 5 year old would have loved your car more than they loved you too ... :ph34r:

So ... back to the programme ... was it a “Porsche” dude that bought it or a kinda first timer trying it out for good measure? Did they know what it is / should be?

What a shame it would be to buy a car and THEN figure out you didn’t like it .. 😢 

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I reckon there would have been plenty of times that your 5 year old would have loved your car more than they loved you too ... :ph34r:

So ... back to the programme ... was it a “Porsche” dude that bought it or a kinda first timer trying it out for good measure? Did they know what it is / should be?

What a shame it would be to buy a car and THEN figure out you didn’t like it .. 😢 

He was a first time Porsche owner ...............

21 hours ago, Jason E said:

I've just sent the buyer an email.  I feel terrible (& a bit mortified) that he is unhappy.  I feel like someone's been insulting my child (to be fair though at times I liked the car more than my 5 year old).  He was pretty good in his email & wasn't wishing a pox on me.  I suppose this outlines the perils of buying a car sight unseen.  Sigh......................

Jason you don't need to feel bad because someone didn't like your car. One would think that a few rides and getting touchy feely with a 944 before entering into a relationship with it would be a good idea.

You were totally upfront about your car and it's journey with you as it's owner and all the work that has been done.

If anything you should feel proud that you were prepared to bring this car back from the brink of extinction and now someone else can enjoy it.

Hold your head up mate, you've done well;) 

3 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

24 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Conicidental, but a few small differences:

Most of all, Reg check shows a Different VIN  😉

19 hours ago, luzzo said:

The Rego I searched from the Ad description looks like a typo:

The No. plate on the car RRS.944

The text in the Ad shows RSR.944 - (which also has been on a Porsche, no surprise)

The R and S series rego plates in SA can be purchased so they can easily be transfered to various cars in your fleet/ collection.

So that is not really a giveaway.

2 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

rego plates in SA can be purchased so they can easily be transfered

Sounds like a great idea. Nothing to do with Reg transfer is "easy" in Vic... 

(I was just using the SA Reg search to match the VIN in the Richmond Ad)

On 06/09/2020 at 14:25, brian in buddina said:

Yes, I know the car, it belongs to an acquaintance, top shelf imo.

• 3 weeks later...

So Brains trust we have seen some movement in 944 prices lately.

So hypothetically if there was a Australian delivered 1986 NA series 2 car for sale with excellent history only had 2 owners, all original car bar tinted windows and aftermarket cruse control, still has original stereo fitted and in use. What kind of money would you be looking at paying for such a car. Car has around 230k on the clock.

Work done by current owner     

New Clutch
Short Shift Kit
New Hand Brake mec
New Belts , seals W/Pump etc (Summerland Automotive)
Gearbox Rebuild (New Sincros/BRG/ LSD etc) Outlaw engineering
New Sway bar bush kits L/R
New OE Control arms assy and Bushes L/R
New OE Tie rod assy L/R
New OE engine mounts L/R
New OE Sump Gskt
New Power Steer Hoses & Boots
New OE A/C compressor and Receiver Dryer plus regas
New Rear Hatch seal
New rear hatch strikers (New bottom Latches (not fitted yet)
New OE upgrade F/R shocks (Sach Sports option)
All wheel BRG checked and repacked
New Radiator hoses
New Fuel feed & Return lines
New Belts , seals W/Pump etc (Port Power Steer) Done correctly
New Air flow meter
New OE Idle control sensor
Injectors serviced cleaned and rebuilt
Windows tinted
Commander Cruse control fitted
New door speakers Frt
New Rear speakers (not yet fitted)

Oil cooler Gsk kit and alignment tool (never needed)New Remanufactured Steering Uni Shaft (Ex UK)

New battery

plus other items that escape me at the moment.

IMG_0474

IMG_0472IMG_0470

IMG_0468IMG_0475

IMG_0476

IMG_1467

Let the opinions flow.