9 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

Sean 

it would be interesting to hear how your car has evolved. No need to be brief, I would love to hear all the details when you have time.

The what & why and perceived result.

Brian

Brian - Have a look for member "JET951" (the Buchanan's) on Rennlist. I recall reading about Sean's 3L Turbo build and a few customer cars some years back. Some very interesting threads. I'd love to hear more from Sean on the evolution though. The Buchanan Auto Facebook snippets are never enough. 😀

On 16/03/2021 at 18:56, TINGY said:

More than likely Pete.

I have just read through all these posts about driving/not driving our cars. 

Seriously, get out and drive them, enjoy these cars while you can it doesn't matter what it is and don't do what old mate has done who bought mine.

I sold my 944T in late 2018 with 108932km on the clock, old mate has done a grand total of 405km and it now sits at 109337. 

I did 25000 very enjoyable kms in that car and 16500kms in my 996, would have easily done more but covid19 slowed me down last year.

Don't be like Ray, get out and drive.

No good standing around looking at it, if your doing that you may as well sell it IMO.

@TINGY

rumour has Ray sold your old car. Not to me.

On 16/03/2021 at 19:56, TINGY said:

More than likely Pete.

I have just read through all these posts about driving/not driving our cars. 

Seriously, get out and drive them, enjoy these cars while you can it doesn't matter what it is and don't do what old mate has done who bought mine.

I sold my 944T in late 2018 with 108932km on the clock, old mate has done a grand total of 405km and it now sits at 109337. 

I did 25000 very enjoyable kms in that car and 16500kms in my 996, would have easily done more but covid19 slowed me down last year.

Don't be like Ray, get out and drive.

No good standing around looking at it, if your doing that you may as well sell it IMO.

Hey Tingy!

I am the new owner of the 952! I picked it up last Friday.. I thought you'd be interested to hear from me... After looking for many years for a 952 example worth buying, especially as there are so few M030 Australian delivered cars around I snapped it up quickly subject to inspection.. Adrian Harkin / Hartech did the PPI and it all came up clear..

Ray has quite a few cars and didn't have any more room to store it and wasn't using it.. As it turns out Ray was an old mate of my (late) old man who had many Porsches and was heavily involved with the cars in various ways his whole life.

Your right it is a beautiful car, I've been going back through the service history and maintance reciepts to learn the true history of the car.. It been great that they've all been passed on through all of the previous owners.. I've taken the time to scan the reciepts and service records in order to map out the details of who/how many previous owners there have been and details of the cars full maintenance history etc.

As the offical books were not filled out for the last 30k, I want to update the records to match the reciepts for good keeping, I was hoping to be able to pm/call you to chat about the car and also get some missing details about the last few service intervals, some of the reciepts didn't have the odometer reading filled out..

I am new on this forum but have been seriously into Porsches all my life so it's really special for me to have found a specific car I've wanted for over 20 years. It's very cool to read this post, a small world..

I did some searches on the previous owners, I noticed the car has PFA sticker so I searched the old registration number on here and your posts popped up when you first got the car back in 2018 and now.. 

The car is clean and rare, Ray had it stored for some time virtually unused, I spent the last couple of days removing the amp and speakers that were previously installed, replaced a few sensors and bits and pieces here and there that need doing due to its age and that it hasn't been run in a while.. I will progressively go over the whole car in detail to get it mint along with a few small reversible mods.

I will definitely drive this car enough to properly enjoy it.. I don't care what it cost or it's worth now/later, I'll just love it, drive it and appreciate it..

Thanks mate! 

Adrian 

10 hours ago, _A_ said:

Hey Tingy!

I am the new owner of the 952! I picked it up last Friday.. I thought you'd be interested to hear from me... After looking for many years for a 952 example worth buying, especially as there are so few M030 Australian delivered cars around I snapped it up quickly subject to inspection.. Adrian Harkin / Hartech did the PPI and it all came up clear..

Nice purchase Adrian, I look forward to seeing this car down in Melb, have heard a lot about it over the years.

12 hours ago, _A_ said:

Hey Tingy!

Ray has quite a few cars and didn't have any more room to store it and wasn't using it.. As it turns out Ray was an old mate of my (late) old man who had many Porsches and was heavily involved with the cars in various ways his whole life.

Your right it is a beautiful car, I've been going back through the service history and maintance reciepts to learn the true history of the car.. It been great that they've all been passed on through all of the previous owners.. I've taken the time to scan the reciepts and service records in order to map out the details of who/how many previous owners there have been and details of the cars full maintenance history etc.

As the offical books were not filled out for the last 30k, I want to update the records to match the reciepts for good keeping, I was hoping to be able to pm/call you to chat about the car and also get some missing details about the last few service intervals, some of the reciepts didn't have the odometer reading filled out..

I am new on this forum but have been seriously into Porsches all my life so it's really special for me to have found a specific car I've wanted for over 20 years. It's very cool to read this post, a small world..

I did some searches on the previous owners, I noticed the car has PFA sticker so I searched the old registration number on here and your posts popped up when you first got the car back in 2018 and now.. 

The car is clean and rare, Ray had it stored for some time virtually unused, I spent the last couple of days removing the amp and speakers that were previously installed, replaced a few sensors and bits and pieces here and there that need doing due to its age and that it hasn't been run in a while.. I will progressively go over the whole car in detail to get it mint along with a few small reversible mods.

I will definitely drive this car enough to properly enjoy it.. I don't care what it cost or it's worth now/later, I'll just love it, drive it and appreciate it..

Thanks mate! 

Adrian 

Fantastic! This is great to hear Adrian, I would be happy to talk to you and over the phone would be great as there is too much information about it to be passed on through text. Congratulations on the purchase. I am free most of Thursday so send me a PM and we can have a phone chat.

8 hours ago, Stepo said:

Nice purchase Adrian, I look forward to seeing this car down in Melb, have heard a lot about it over the years.

Thanks Stepho! Keen to get involved in any good Melbourne meetups or fun drive days.. 

6 hours ago, TINGY said:

Fantastic! This is great to hear Adrian, I would be happy to talk to you and over the phone would be great as there is too much information about it to be passed on through text. Congratulations on the purchase. I am free most of Thursday so send me a PM and we can have a phone chat.

PM'd you.. 

On 27/03/2021 at 17:33, TINGY said:

Yes he did and got asking price as well.

He didn't get asking price btw

18 minutes ago, Diclofenac said:

Any feedback on this car? If I could talk him down a bit ~$25-30k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-944-1990/sse-ad-7148907/

Thanks!

I think $30-$35k is S2 money, that car looks pretty good if the service history stacks up. If your negotiating skills can get you down to $25k come an talk to me about realestate.

What Stepo said: “if the service history stacks up” Is there documentation to back up what has been done?

At the age these cars are 30 years & 200K km lots of bits need or will need refreshing soon. If they have been done its a bonus, if not better make sure you account for it in your buying price. Clutch, shocks, aircon, cat/muffler/exhaust, water pump, motor mounts &... Timing belts! 

Porsche parts are expensive. And are you going to be doing maintenance yourself? Some simple maintenance jobs require a lot of labour, so shop time adds up quick if your paying $100 per hour plus.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2021 at 22:16, Diclofenac said:

Thanks for your feedback Stepo and Brian!

I'll have to look more into service history. I was planning to get a buyers inspection also.

My dad is a mechanic (but lives in Canada) and I have worked for him on and off. I can do some basic things.

Looks to be $10K over your budget, if I remember what you where saying.

This is a video of my 1991 944 S2 Cabriolet.  This is a new YouTube channel created by my kids,  15 and 13. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could subscribe to the channels. It'll help them out. They're at 2 channels, 1 does Classic Cars and the other does Future Classics.  They are also looking to do more cool and unique cars on the Gold Coast, so if you have anything, got me up.  Cheers, Sohan 

On 26/04/2021 at 07:07, vinnytang said:

Any decent turbos or S2s currently for sale? Slim pickings on the usual sites.

I've just been contacted by the current owner of my old S2.  He has the opportunity to buy an AC911 & is hoping to fund a portion selling my old car.  He's completed the few jobs I hadn't & it looks pretty schmick.  Looking for high 30's I believe which seems very reasonable considering what's been spent.  I believe it's just returned from a 6k fettling by Buchanan's. 

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

I've just been contacted by the current owner of my old S2.  He has the opportunity to buy an AC911 & is hoping to fund a portion selling my old car.  He's completed the few jobs I hadn't & it looks pretty schmick.  Looking for high 30's I believe which seems very reasonable considering what's been spent.  I believe it's just returned from a 6k fettling by Buchanan's. 

He was very similar to you Jason, and wasn't afraid to do things properly regardless of the spend.  You'd have to think it's probably now one of the best available...

29 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

He was very similar to you Jason, and wasn't afraid to do things properly regardless of the spend.  You'd have to think it's probably now one of the best available...

Hey John,  he sent me some photos of the car now ( I'll ask his permission before posting them) but it does look pretty nice.  He's fitted all the interior bits that I had searched the world for & the interior is stunning (imho).  I seriously asked my wife for permission to buy it - unsurprisingly,  no dice.😀

14 hours ago, Jason E said:

Hey John,  he sent me some photos of the car now ( I'll ask his permission before posting them) but it does look pretty nice.  He's fitted all the interior bits that I had searched the world for & the interior is stunning (imho).  I seriously asked my wife for permission to buy it - unsurprisingly,  no dice.😀

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_9558.JPG

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

It really is looking great.

On 01/05/2021 at 17:26, Fishcop said:

Are you chasing one?

Yes at the time of posting. Sold my toys to buy a house and finally settled last week. Unfortunately something I overlooked was that the dip in the driveway would tear off the front of any sports car. So I’m going to have to sort that first before I continue my search (safari 944 maybe?!).
@Jason E your old car sounds like a good buy, it shouldn’t last long!