Tesla autopilot fatal crash

tazzieman

10 hours ago, Coastr said:

I'm sure the end result will be that a domestic/alternative producer will be found somewhere. 

If a local US manufacturer is found, expect prices to escalate and more job losses at Tesla. Or the company just folds

No country can compete with China with regards to manufacturing costs of anything 

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

If a local US manufacturer is found, expect prices to escalate and more job losses at Tesla. Or the company just folds

No country can compete with China with regards to manufacturing costs of anything 

I don't think that is always necessarily true.  Plenty of other places to get stuff made and the trade war is only with China.  I'm sure some Korean firm could do it.

23 minutes ago, Coastr said:

I don't think that is always necessarily true.  Plenty of other places to get stuff made and the trade war is only with China.  I'm sure some Korean firm could do it.

China/Korea...same dog, different leg  😁 

I was chatting onsite with a manager at a curtains and blinds shop recently, and he said they can't stay open if they still had to manufacture in Australia, so they now just send measurements to their supplier in China and 3 weeks later its assembled, delivered and installed. 5 jobs were lost in their factory.

I buy 30 multi tool blades from a guy in Sydney for $1.50each and he still makes a profit, yet Bunnings sell the exact same blades from the same Chinese supplier for $15-17each. When a local manufacturer of basically the same blades charge $30 each, why would anyone in business not buy from China etc? It's costing thousands of jobs, but what can be done about it? Not much 

• 3 months later...

• 4 months later...

13 minutes ago, firstone said:

Numpty.

Agreed..!

I can't believe this is even a 'thing'. 

Here I am screaming out to still be able to buy a manual car, and yet there's people that don't even want to have their hands on the wheel, or their eyes on the road..! 😞

53 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I'm sorry, I know this isnt funny really, but I did have a laugh at the reporting

20200226-170241.jpg

It is if ya see it that way. I did too.

I'm trying it out a lot since i googled a heap of seriously funny fkrs.

What was that other funny quote about 115klmph to zero?

57 minutes ago, sleazius said:

How addicted to your phone do you have to be?

Wish I could have taken a pic of some clown playing Candy Crush or something on a tablet that was stuck to his dash above the steering wheel coupla weeks ago at the lights.

And a woman who was watching the news on her tablet on the dash too. They're just braindead 

• 1 year later...