Decals

Merv

I am looking to buy an engine valve clearance decal for the 356B and also the two air cleaner decals.  I can find them on Stoddarts, Sierra Madre, AASE and Pelican and the total is about $15 But then they add $ 35-40 freight!  Is there a better way?

Edited by Merv

Email Carbone with pics of what you're after Merv. A friend in the US had a specific decal he needed that wasn't available, and they made it for him. Took a while, but he did come through

I've used them for the 912. Highly recommended

Thanks Lee.  I wrote to SM, Stoddarts, AASE and PP and asked about the exorbitant cost of freight for small items that could be in a re-inforced envelope.  No reply from PP or Stoddarts, but SM halved their freight costs and AASE will now send the decals for $2.50!  SM have promised to review their costs for small items now.

Edited by Merv

Thanks Lee.  I wrote to SM, Stoddarts, AASE and PP and asked about the exorbitant cost of freight for small items that could be in a re-inforced envelope.  No reply from PP or Stoddarts, but SM halved their freight costs and AASE will now send the decals for $2.50!  SM have promised to review their costs for small items now.

That's a great shipping price! How did you negotiate that with AASE? I assume place in cart and then email waiting for them to adjust shipping? Perhaps another method?

Email Carbone with pics of what you're after Merv. A friend in the US had a specific decal he needed that wasn't available, and they made it for him. Took a while, but he did come through

They're doing a couple of things of this nature for me atm.  Great guys.  One of them should host Top Gear.

P-K I wrote to each of them and pointed out the loss of business that results from (high) minimum packaging freight rates.  AASE were most agreeable and SM offered a substantial discount as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 22/07/2016 at 20:37, Merv said:

My decals all arrived from AASE.  Good quality and $2.50 postage.  +1 AASE

just bumping this thread as looking or some engine bay sticker set for the 2.7.  I emailed AASE as freight for an envelope size sticker order was $32USD. they wont help now on popping things in an envelope they say the freight company adds the costs on.  bummer.

finding this now across the board from the US.

Anyone have any local options or used other suppliers that helped on freight recently?