Assetto Corsa - Gets Porsche License!!

911sies

This sim has been sitting in my Steam library for over a year, unused. Criminal given how good it is. It's about to get a lot better. The developers have manged to get Porsche permission to use their cars. Only the dreaded EA have managed this so far, and none of their products are even close to a simulation. 

Porsche License

20 cars from Stuttgart will make it in, and only one has been revealed.. the 935/78. I'm stoked!.Release date TBA.

Here's an early render. 

Porsche-935-Assetto-Corsa-Porsche-Pack-6

*Edit* I overlooked Forza's recent license, but Corsa would offer a better experience, compared to the more arcadey Forza dynamics.

damnit...there goes another grand for a pc upgrade!

Indeed!. Pick up a 980ti graphics card if you can. It's replacement is out (the 1080), but the "ti" is more than good enough. 

Found a tralier with some classic Porsche footage, and some of the game versions. Looking good!

https://youtu.be/jv-cPGa9Zsg

• 3 months later...

A challenge I put up on another forum. Nordschleife Tourist (BTG) in the 3.0 RSR with default setup. Can't change a thing. I did a 7.48 last night but I feel there is a fair bit more to come. See what you can do. 

I did one quick run last night and only did an 8:02 - but it was relatively clean and although I had wrong gears everywhere I think your 7:48 will stand up for a while!

I'm currently punching out laps at Bathurst in the GT4 CS in prep for Challenge Bathurst in a few weeks. Don't think my roady will get down to 2.21's even with Hoosiers - but I think I should get close to a 2.25.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the dudes on PF has done a 7.37!

Guys can I get an idea of what hardware you are all using? My teenager and I are all over this game and brought the Porsche pack but we are using the hand held controller and are way in the double digits with our times. Really hard to battle with oversteer without over correcting on the hand held!

We are looking at getting a driving simulator and are interesting in what people would recommend. 

Guys can I get an idea of what hardware you are all using? My teenager and I are all over this game and brought the Porsche pack but we are using the hand held controller and are way in the double digits with our times. Really hard to battle with oversteer without over correcting on the hand held!

We are looking at getting a driving simulator and are interesting in what people would recommend. 

ditto, I know nothing about gaming and so don't have the gear.  Used to play F1 games etc years back and would love to get into this.  Where to start...

From a totally amateur gaming perspective - and on Project Cars, not Asseto Corsa - the hand controllers are ok for kids who've never driven, but not for "drivers" who would want to react the way you should.

Example, my kids can drive the Nordschleife with controllers 10x better than me.  But I can drive it well enough with the wheel and pedals.

We have the Porsche GT3RS wheel & pedals by Fanatec.  I can't say how it compares to other wheels, but it's Porsche-like, and alcantara is much nicer than plastic controller buttons!  Buttons don't give you that wheel-through-the-hands feels when ripping donuts....

tumblr_ltp8fanrRv1qhgz15.jpg

I wonder when virtual reality games will hit the market? I still struggle with depth perception and lack of analog feedback , and so does my 17 year old so it's not just age!

OTOH a 17 year old gets into a real car and wants to shift at lightning speed! Just as well modern gboxes are...modern

For my xbox one, I've got a Logitech g920 wheel and shifter. It cost around $370 on sale.  It's not as good as the fanatec ones that sell for more, but it gets the job done. I don't mind the fake leather / plastic feel but I wish it was a bit bigger.

Archived