RSR - Porsches and Coffee by the bay August 21st @ North Point Cafe Brighton

911 Snake

Photobucket is really not wanting to play ball tonight so I'm putting what I think are the best up from the thumbnails

DSC_0236_zpsv5dmkzhp.jpg

DSC_0238_zpsbmwc4g1m.jpg

DSC_0239_zpsvzo26n73.jpg

DSC_0240_zpspzfhsjhm.jpg

DSC_0243_zpsxg9r62cb.jpg

DSC_0249_zps6oirg2bb.jpg

DSC_0251_zpsrcz11lwc.jpg

DSC_0253_zpswvszmzvp.jpg

DSC_0255_zps8ibboscl.jpg

DSC_0259_zpsrtlcblrn.jpg

DSC_0278_zpsxgpfvab0.jpg

DSC_0274_zpsle8rdcb9.jpg

DSC_0263_zpscd7wytry.jpg

DSC_0267_zps15bpknmq.jpg

DSC_0269_zpsmucsupkq.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsbqytk6qf.jpg

DSC_0275_zpsdqz8w9ir.jpg

DSC_0279_zpsgyof15bw.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsqzd34jim.jpg

DSC_0292_zpsrpxwigoa.jpg

DSC_0294_zpsdsm6jvst.jpg

DSC_0300_zpsfuohg0zv.jpg

DSC_0301_zpsxwyjldy4.jpg

DSC_0318_zpsyzacs3eb.jpg

DSC_0315_zps5tnkgxpw.jpg

DSC_0313_zpsdxsxklo3.jpg

DSC_0323_zpsd3rgzvz7.jpg

DSC_0319_zpsdcufrdgs.jpg

DSC_0333_zpslbyo4liq.jpg

DSC_0339_zpsjuydh0uj.jpg

Here's some photos from the RWB build later at lunch time that a few of us headed to after
DSC_0342_zps3bvw3fkr.jpg

DSC_0343_zps5fyllybp.jpg

DSC_0347_zpstrlpyo5m.jpg

Nakai San's Tools of the trade
DSC_0350_zpso6ywo7xl.jpg

DSC_0352_zpss073g6fp.jpg

Original 993 fans will be upset after seeing these cuts 
DSC_0353_zpszmotkdch.jpg

And here's some nice wheels 
DSC_0354_zpsczs1ix9j.jpg

DSC_0356_zpsxqdwuedm.jpg

DSC_0359_zpscjtbqyym.jpg

DSC_0374_zpsnsg2dibp.jpg

DSC_0376_zpsneu1fst0.jpg

DSC_0387_zpshdix7ntg.jpg

DSC_0388_zpsbw4nogtg.jpg

DSC_0397_zpshkqhmqqr.jpg

DSC_0398_zps5qwxzhqu.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big thanks to @Skidmarks for offering Billy a sit in his GT3RS.  He hasn't stopped talking about it and how he's going to get one - it has to be Orange and black too apparently!  

Billy Billy Billy, where's your loyalty mate.  At Mansfield you told me the GT2 was your favourite.  Now you're off swooning over the pumpkin.  Sheesh.  I must make an effort to get to one of these meets to remind you that the GT2 is the daddy of the 911 family as opposed to the pretty little sister in an orange dress.   I'm sure a full boost lap of the block will remind you of where your piggy bank should be directed.

BTW couple of nice 993 GT2 replicas I see (unless they were real US$1M cars.....?)

Billy Billy Billy, where's your loyalty mate.  At Mansfield you told me the GT2 was your favourite.  Now you're off swooning over the pumpkin.  Sheesh.  I must make an effort to get to one of these meets to remind you that the GT2 is the daddy of the 911 family as opposed to the pretty little sister in an orange dress.   I'm sure a full boost lap of the block will remind you of where your piggy bank should be directed.

BTW couple of nice 993 GT2 replicas I see (unless they were real US$1M cars.....?)

Doug he asked a lot of questions later that day to get it straight in his head.  For one, lowly GT3's or GT2's are not even up for consideration, might as well be a 924!  He's talkin RS' here, nothing less.  

But he quizzed me on:

1. Which is faster top speed
  2. Which is faster around a track
  3. Which accelerates quicker
  4. Which revs higher
  5. Which handles better
  6. Which is lighter
  7. How much do they cost

After careful consideration of all factors, I think he just like the look of the orange one and the 2 has been dropped!

Tonight he brought out his White/Red GT2RS model and asked if we could paint it orange!

Photobucket is really not wanting to play ball tonight so I'm putting what I think are the best up from the thumbnails

I'm loving the artistic pictures of the reflections of the cars mate!!! However there appears to be a blue 996.2 that is missing from your post ;)  

I'm loving the artistic pictures of the reflections of the cars mate!!! However there appears to be a blue 996.2 that is missing from your post ;)  

Thanks mate. Was a good day for reflections. She was a little boxed in so there weren't that many good photos to be had.

Hi guys, turned up this morning for my first meet, fantastic to see all the broad range of P cars there. just some beautiful machinery new and old. Didn't really chat to anyone as to be honest didn't know anyone, but all in all will make the effort to the next one. Would like the opportunity to meet some of you guys, and bombard you will lost of questions!!

BTW where do i get the PFA sticker for my car from?

Thanks

Jonathan.

I was there for the first time as well and I have met a lot of people. Be open and if you want next time you can catch up with me. 

Great event and a lot of lovely cars. I was surprised how many rare cars are in Melb. A lot of 993s - happy to see that the interest in this amazing model is growing.

My son Nicholas and i turned up and had a great time.

Caught up with some old mates and met a few more.

I wanted to bring the teener,  but ended up driving the pig down ( thankfully we werent the only lowly Cayenne that showed up ;)  ) .

Great to see the variety of cars on display,  those bacon and egg toasties from the shop were pretty good too  :)

Can't see mine either Mike!

Did you run out of film?

I couldn't see your car either... it was their one minute and vanished the next, you must be a magician ;)

You actually got away before I got over that side with the camera as I went the 2 sides first and then moved onto the middle section.

I keep getting distracted talking to people which doesn't help the photo cause.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived