My New Girl

Apogee

Thanks to everyone who recommended shops that could do PPIs in Brisbane. Billy of T&D was very thorough (provided pics and report), made arrangements to fit me in at short notice but could only do a partial PPI due to their schedule. They only charged me 1.5 hrs of labour. I would recommend their service wholeheartedly.  We picked up our new 2010 MY11 Boxster Spyder from the seller on Friday and drove her back to Sydney. The car has been initialed by Walter Rohl (senior test driver for Porsche) on the white trim of the deleted cupholders. Her 1st owner took her to Targa Tasmania and met Walter there. He signed the log books too. So happy with my purchase.

20160827_180827_zps8m2jhcpp.jpg

20160827_180807_zpsmdxr4a3i.jpg

20160827_180753_zps2ossoauh.jpg

20160826_150207_zpsdn5pmih4.jpg

Very cool!. Lets see some more pics. Looks immaculate, how many kms has she done?

Thanks 911sies. Picked her up at 17600kms - did 1000kms driving her back to Sydney. I haven't taken any internal pics - will do so later.

The car has been initialed by Walter Rohl (senior test driver for Porsche) on the white trim of the deleted cupholders. Her 1st owner took her to Targa Tasmania and met Walter there.

Congrats on the purchase. Beautiful car and a lot of fun to drive. Could you post a photo of this signature on the white trim?

Haha - yeah it is certainly looks Rube Goldbergian in operation but we drove the car down from Brissie in the pouring rain (not a drizzle but cats and dogs heavy rain between Byron Bay and Port Macquarie) and not one drop entered the car. The water wiped by the windscreen wipers moves like a transparent caterpillar from the top of the A pillar to the B pillar, down thtrough the door sill and down to the ground. So it is totally waterproof despite it's looks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a guy at Sandown in one identical to this.  Parked in pit lane and it started to rain so he quickly started to wrestle the roof up.  Looked like fabric origami.  Why make it so difficult?  Needless to say the interior was quite wet by the time he got it covered.  

Im sure it's a great drive, just check the weather before you head out.

Archived