Batemans Bay Fun Roads

Pork Chops

Going to be there just before Xmas and am considering trailering a sports car up there behind the family bus. So I can get some driving thrills whilst up there. Is it worth it? What recommendations does the Canberra crew have? Are the small road on the maps dirt of Tarmac and what quality?

Cheers.

Double demerit points combined with heavy holiday traffic would reduce the enjoyability of the driving.

You could do a run up the Clyde early in the morning (less traffic and police) for coffee at Braidwood and a visit to the model car shop.  Then drive to Tarago which is Kings Highway and then Goulburn road.

From Tarago drive to Nowra which is Lumley Road, then Cullala Road, Sandy Point Road, Oallen Ford Road, Nerriga Road, Braidwood Road.

Then back to Batemans Bay via the Kings Highway.

Michel took a group of us on a variant of this run and it was a very good drive.

However with double demerit and Christmas traffic I suspect it might actually just be frustrating.

Loaded dog

Plenty of roads, you a gravel grinder

Welcome to call . East west distributor is dirt , traverses great country .

the road near pigeon house to shallow crossing, nelligen following the Clyde ...

Kangaroo Valley is a particularly great drive but if it is anything like the Clyde Mountain it will be pretty heavy with traffic during Christmas Holidays.

The distance from Batemans Bay to Kangaroo Valley is almost two hours (at the speed limit), so maybe a very early morning start to get there before traffic hits?

Mr porky chop , ( I'll let intuite text do its thing) , if you bring a car up , likely a few gents may be persuaded to come n play 

cheers 

Well that would be a blast.  Thanks for all the replies fellas.  I'm line ball as to whether it's worth it for the effort and risk (license) and traffic.  

i drove my track car there on semi slicks, with no front number plate. you'll be fine.

Not at X Mas you won't.

Half of Canberra and surrounds migrate there and the local constabulary make up the year long quota in 6weeks 

• 3 months later...

Well I drove up today with a fully loaded Kia Carnival. Went from Melbs up the Hume and over the top of Canberra. The last hour driving into Batemans was ace. The big down hill twisty section. I was thinking it needed to be shut for a hill climb. It was raining so hard the water was running down the road in sheets but the Kia was a beast and my family complained not at all with my spirited cornering. Heaps of cops around. Must have passed 4 cars in an hour :ph34r:.

In a car worth driving Imlay Rd is a good run a bit south but worth it.  You can make a loop of it with Candelo, Wyndham, Cathcart. But at Xmas forget it and preserve the points. BB area itself you would be best served with a 4WD.

Archived