Barney - old, fat & grey #84rney

I know you are looking at changing the colour, and I understand you want something new. But damn that is an awesome colour when it is crispy...

Nick, he is talking about the rear guards. On the original RSR's they were hand made, so they were a bit more rounded near the lip, as opposed to the later 930 rear guards which have a bit of a vertical area for about 50mm or so before they roll over toward the windows (if that makes any sense :blink:).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn i need to fix up the photos from previous posts. Stupid photobucket!

Ok so been a little while since I've done an update. Since July, I've picked up my new carrera 915 with oil cooler and dropped that off at the mechanics to mate with my new motor. Once body is done, i'll be towing it there to get the drivetrain installed. Forgot to take pics of the 915 but it's a rebuilt unit from BWA which looked crisp. 

Back to the body shop. So mid September, I had to get the auto electrics taken out in preparation for painting the interior. Interior was all done few days later but i'm now rethinking my initial decision to run a naked interior... I'll likely look at putting in interior carpets.

Resized_20170908_152744

Resized_20170908_152719Resized_20170908_152730Resized_20170908_152802

Edited by privatepang

Fast forward to the present day and the body is now painted. Bonnet, ducktail, doors front and rear bars still need to be done I was super excited to see if the colour would come out as I had hoped and i was blown away. Still needs to be cut & buffed etc but the shade of grey was perfect. I cant wait to see it in natural light.

20171007_100319

20171007_100435

As you can see, the lips were rounded out a bit so you don't have the flat lip 

20171007_10005220171007_095950

Signal box extensions were also done really well. They're actually fibreglass pieces joined onto the metal guards/flares. Took a lot of work to get it looking standard

20171007_09593920171007_100304

Edited by privatepang

Signal box extensions were also done really well. They're actually fibreglass pieces joined onto the metal guards/flares. Took a lot of work to get it looking standard

Let me guess, Rennspeed product?  Don't get me started on those bloody things! Just attached mine today after LOTS of mucking around. Never, ever again!! 

Otherwise, I love the colour mate, nice one

Let me guess, Rennspeed product?  Don't get me started on those bloody things! Just attached mine today after LOTS of mucking around. Never, ever again!! 

Otherwise, I love the colour mate, nice one

Dont think so. I got it off Stan @ Performance9 but unsure where he sourced it from.

Hot hot hot. Love it and very jealous you're at the paint stage. Congrats. Re the naked interior that's going to be really loud and echo'ee. Why not go an RS carpet set which is still clean but just takes the edge off the acoustics. Or tell me to HTFU!

Thx. Yeah i'm looking to buy a carpet set but just trying to source one for now. I'll at least have the option either way.

Over the weekend, I went and fitted the wheels back on the car. Paint looks lighter than when it was in the booth so keen to see what it'll look like under natural light. Had a scary moment where I wasn't paying attention (was trying to take photos) and the car jack pole sprung up and almost hit the car... my heart missed a few beats... auto electrician also started to put the wiring back in the car and this week the rest of the parts will be getting painted up. Once that's done, it'll be interior, glass and and car should be ready to make the journey up to Autowerks to get the drive train installed. Getting there !

Wheels are Lindsey Racing 17x9 fronts running 255x40 & 17x11 rears running 315x35

20171014_101910

20171014_101317

20171014_101254

Edited by privatepang

looks awesome Nick-it looks so good you may not want to track it...

looks awesome Nick-it looks so good you may not want to track it...

looks awesome Nick-it looks so good you may not want to track it..

looks awesome Nick-it looks so good you may not want to track it..

Point strongly made :P