Is the ask on this 1981 S a bit of a stretch? The ad copy certainly reads like a hard sell to those less familiar with the marque. #backontrack

If the seller is going to state "facts" how about making sure they are! 85 was the first year we got detuned/ lower comp. versions for our bad fuel, my car has it's full kW. That ask for an import is way out there....

"Almost all local cars have excessive kms on their odometer's (200,000 +), as these cars were all driven extensively when new, and so this car is a real rarity" :wacko: 

Edited by ANF

If the seller is going to state "facts" how about making sure they are! 85 was the first year we got detuned/ lower comp. versions for our bad fuel, my car has it's full kW. That ask for an import is way out there....

Geez, I didn't even pick that it was an import (insufficient reading between the lines)! I do prefer the design of the early rear ends, especially the lights.

Geez, I didn't even pick that it was an import (insufficient reading between the lines)! I do prefer the design of the early rear ends, especially the lights.

You shall have to add one to your fleet then :)

It is the second ad in about a week claiming how superior their imported cars are....

Lots of misinformation out there in 928 land, I don't profess to know all of it, but enough to get me out of trouble... or is that into it.... :P

Is the ask on this 1981 S a bit of a stretch? The ad copy certainly reads like a hard sell to those less familiar with the marque. #backontrack

Same seller had a high-priced 944 too - photos were same location which looks like Curl Curl to me. Written copy sounded like a dealer too, but advertised as a private vendor?? I think there was a third car also - will scratch around the memory banks. Just raised a flag in my mind.

Same seller had a high-priced 944 too - photos were same location which looks like Curl Curl to me. Written copy sounded like a dealer too, but advertised as a private vendor?? I think there was a third car also - will scratch around the memory banks. Just raised a flag in my mind.

This the bloke your thinking about?

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/mattk187/m.html?item=182286156985&hash=item2a711a04b9%3Ag%3AT2oAAOSwmLlX30xh&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

This guy just pisses me off!!

"The vast majority of Australian delivered cars came with either vinyl or cloth interiors rather than leather" what a load of bollicks!!

WTF does he base any of his claims on!? "When the model was first brought to Australia, due to their relatively low retail volume, the Porsche dealer network in Australia had opted to import a vast majority of base specification models to maximise the margin when sold in Australia" It is a well known fact that the opposite happens in Australia, cars are loaded to the hilt to "justify" the higher prices we have to pay. And his brakes and HP claims are BS!

The 272 hp was only for the '85 model!

Here's one for you shark fans, cheap as, and it's a manual! 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/marsfield/cars-vans-utes/1979-porsche-928-coupe/1126999537

Could be a decent one, but no pics?

Another cheapie http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/spearwood/cars-vans-utes/1979-porsche-928-coupe/1126830961 again no pics?!

And a cheaper S4, recent spate of work but no many good pics... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/croydon/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-928-coupe/1126812164

And a cheaper S4, recent spate of work but no many good pics... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/croydon/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-928-coupe/1126812164

I have a feeling this is the car that sold in Canberra a couple of weeks ago. It was advertised for $19,000

note no plates as he hasn't had a chance to register it in Victoria yet...

An import ? ;  euros had the high comp head

As for the Adventurine green repaint (actually "aventurine"...) , https://www.928gt.com/t-928paint.aspx I'm not sure it was an option in 1981

Due diligence required on this one. Low km usually means odometer is broken...

Looks like a very nice car. It does seem a little pricey though (and yes, I'd also love prices to be up there). But having learned something about the 928 of late, the bang for buck is really hard to argue with. What you get in a 928 compared to what you get in an air-cooled 911 for the money is sooo much more.

And as always, it pays to buy the best you can afford. Maintenance is a lot cheaper then restoration.

How is it to drive Gut?  I imagine a long legged cruiser but maybe has a bit of poke and handling for the odd SMT?  They have fascinated me ever since the first of the futuristic egg mobiles landed on our shores when I was a young fella.  I remember ogling one at Brents in early 80s, pasha and all

Not sure I would use it if I had one.  And could I live with an 80s 4 speed slush box, doubt it.  More of a dream never to be realised I think.  I'd want a really early manual car or late GTS manual both of which command serious bucks and very rare here.